TNA aims towards bigger Arenas, new superstar to debut...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

C4

- TNA has confirmed that British wrestling star Doug Williams will be taking part in the company's upcoming UK tour at TNAWrestling.com.

- TNA World Champion Samoa Joe, Traci Brooks and Team 3D will be making appearances in the Memphis area in the coming days leading into the Slammiversary PPV. For more details, visit TNAWrestling.com.

- TNA will be holding a house show at the Lakeland Center's Jenkins Arena in Lakeland, Florida on Sunday, September 28th, 2008. Bell time is 7:30 PM. Tickets go on sale Friday, August 15th, 2008 at 10 AM. Prices range from $23 to $53. Go to http://www.prowrestlingevents.tk for info about upcoming shows. WWE ran a SD! and ECW taping at this arena in January of 2007 so it's no small venue. TNA is also set to run a house show in Poplar Bluff, Missouri at the Black River Coliseum on 6/6.

Nice to see them going towards bigger arena's, thus aiming for greater audience and towards a solid fanbase for themselves.. :kamikaze:

gamebreaker

Reaction score
Imagination Land! Where hippos laugh, and Pee Wee
TNA really does need to keep holding their shows in bigger venues of at least a 13,000 people venue. Right now they are small as hell and everytime they hold it over here in Orlando, its at a studio at Universal Studios which holds like maybe 5,000 people...

Rell

Reaction score
Doug "The Anarchist" Williams? Never been a big fan. He's a solid European styled wrestler, but he's always been pretty bland. The whole submission thing gets boring after a while. I always preferred Nigel Mcguinness over Doug, but meh, he wont be a full-time member of the roster so who cares.

MikeRaw

Just because theyre going to a bigger arena, doesnt mean theyre having anymore success than in the small arenas. They may go to big arenas but not sell them out, and that would look stupid
But if they sell it out, good job to them,a nd they should continue that.

chessarmy

TNA should only move on to bigger arenas if they are ready for it. If the city that they hold the show in has alot of TNA fans, it is probably going to sell out

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I completely agree with you chessarmy. TNA needs to only target areas where they know they are popular at this stage, and have one or two shows every now and then to experiment elsewhere.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
It doesent really matter if you have bigger arenas if half of it is empty.

Montana

TNA really does need to keep holding their shows in bigger venues of at least a 13,000 people venue. Right now they are small as hell and everytime they hold it over here in Orlando, its at a studio at Universal Studios which holds like maybe 5,000 people...

you mean 900. I believe Orlando holds 900 people.

I think 5,000 is a good target # for TNA. But their not getting to the good markets enough. They have to return to a state more than once every 2-3 years.

JHar888

Reaction score
Doug Williams being apart of the UK Tour should attract a larger audience in the UK. I'd love to see him on TV; hopefully they'll have one of the shows taped for "Global iMPACT! II" in the UK. Isn't he supposed to be in the X-Cup to? That'd be interesting.

And TNA's arenas are pretty weak, and they all are in weak cities, like Tyler, TX, Southaven, MS, Bloomington, IL, what's up with that? The day they make it to the Staples Center, MSG, Rose Garden, or ANY big arena at a big city, I'll be impressed. Sucks to know that probably won't ever happen.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
TNA's house show and PPV schedule should be aimed more towards the bigger, more established cities. Philly, NYC, Boston, Chicago, Detroit and Cleveland should see way more TNA, because the places they tour in is like hillbilly country.

Doug Williams in TNA should be nice, I was watching old ROH shows and I found him pretty entertaining for his style and his bigger size.

gashface

Reaction score
It will be cool to see Doug at the tna show, I'm going a week today... looks pretty good, tbh the UK shows sold out anyway, it seems TNA is quite popular here.

C4

Right now they are small as hell and everytime they hold it over here in Orlando, its at a studio at Universal Studios which holds like maybe 5,000 people...

900 is the maximum with extended seats in the Universal Studios of Orlando.. :disgust:

Holding shows in bigger arenas does actually mean a lot to TNA right now, more people attend your shows and your live audience fanbase grow, it's just about nothing compared to the Universal Studios of Orlando.

Airfixx

Holding shows in bigger arenas does actually mean a lot to TNA right now, more people attend your shows and your live audience fanbase grow, it's just about nothing compared to the Universal Studios of Orlando.

Booking a bigger arena acheives NEITHER of these things on it's own... All it does is means more empty seats...

The demand for tickets has to increase, not merely the potential for sales.

re: New "superstar"... Did make me laugh.... No offense to the guy (respect to any UK guys that manages to break into the US scene) but, I was expecting RVD or one of the other un-contracted former WWE guys.

Somehow I don't think his UK-origins and the minor appeal they might hold for UK fans would be relied upon by TNA to have any particular positive impact on the ratings or ticket sales.

Respect to TNA for doing the tour, and I dunno the actual size of the venues, but they must be pretty damn small - They haven't even got a London date... Presumably cos there isn't a small enough 'arena' in the capital.

McLovin

Reaction score
I've seen Doug Williams twice live and he is a great technical wrestler. Don't know how he'll fit with the TNA style though.

Airfixx

I've seen Doug Williams twice live and he is a great technical wrestler. Don't know how he'll fit with the TNA style though.

Q. How comes you ALWAYS highlight your posts? Are they somehow more important than anyone elses?