Tito Ortiz Planning July 4 Date For Retirement Fight

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Former UFC light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz has asked for one final fight to complete his career in MMA. Now, "The People's Champ" has a target date of July set for that bout.

"Hopefully the July 4 weekend I'll be fighting my last fight and I'll be done, that's it - time to walk away," said Ortiz, in a recent interview with MiddleEasy.com. "Forrest (Griffin is possible), I know everybody would love to see me against Chuck - we'll see what (UFC president) Dana (White) has to offer. Let's make my last fight a memorable one."

Ortiz dropped his last bout to Antonio Rogerio Nogueira this past December at UFC 140. He asked for one final match to complete his contract, but nothing has been confirmed by the UFC yet.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
i think his final fight will be against Forrest.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
That's what he wants, so maybe. Hopefully if that is the fight that happens Forrest retires after it as well, he's been talking about it a lot the last few weeks too.

Deuce

Reaction score
Hope to see Ortiz vs Griffin, that would be a pretty good fight. I would be pulling for Griffin because he's awesome.

Ben

Reaction score
No way as hell Chuck come out of retirement, he still has no chin based on how he went out and he's prob in shit shape.

Just give him Griffin so he can go away. Honestly he's not going to bring in any buys no matter who you put him against so he's getting low main card on a PPV or a headling fight on a FX/Fuel card.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I just realized exactly what he said about that, "I know everybody would love to see me against Chuck".

Haha Tito's funny.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Chuck vs. Tito has almost no chance of happening cause Chuck can't go anymore. He's done. Tito vs. Forrest would be the fight to have and watch. At least that fight will be entertaining and hard fought. Prob co-main event.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah, it's the only fight i see the UFC making I'm not a big fan of either guys especially Ortiz but it would be nice to see the guy end his career with a win.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Give him the last fight and then don't bring him back again, make him actually retire. Put him against Griffin if Griffin is happy with it and let him go out on his terms.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Tito wouldn't have a reason to come back. He knows he can't compete against the top tier level which means he'll never be champion again. He had a shot against Rashad and got beat, then he had a fight against Little Nog and got dominated. Looks like Tito is very content with going out in a fight where he has a chance to win, a fight that won't be one sided, and will be exciting for the fans. Plus I think he's tired of having to go through surgery so I'm pretty sure this would be his last fight barring any injuries to either fighter.

As far as Forrest goes... I dunno.

Ben

Reaction score
Just give him a fight that he can loose...can see Tito winning and then being like screw reterimemt I have one more run in me.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
It'll probably be his last UFC fight but I can't see him retiring.

Hes one of those guys like Tim Sylvia who I see calling out Ken Shamrock in a few yrs time on some Shark Fights: Bumfest card nobody cares about.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I don't see Tito coming back to do anything. He's already solidified his legacy fighting. he's already come back and won against Bader, he has nothing else to prove. Tito knows he can't compete anymore.

Why all this disdain towards the guy?

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Why all this disdain towards the guy?

It's Tito Ortiz, it's self-explanatory.

Hes mellowed out a bit in the last year, but the guy is a fucking arsehole.