Tito Ortiz Explains Why He Declined to Fight Rashad Evans on UFC 133

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
ortiz_evans_large.jpg
Shortly after it was announced that Phil Davis had to pull out of his UFC 133 headlining spot, it was reported that Tito Ortiz has turned down the offer to face Rashad Evans in what would have been a rematch of their 2007 bout that ended up in a draw. Why? Well The 'Huntington Beach Bad Boy' took to twitter to explain his decision:

.bbpBox90994411370070017 {background:url(http://a0.twimg.com/profile_background_images/24517542/bgshop2.jpg) #000000;padding:20px;} p.bbpTweet{background:#fff;padding:10px 12px 10px 12px;margin:0;min-height:48px;color:#000;font-size:18px !important;line-height:22px;-moz-border-radius:5px;-webkit-border-radius:5px} p.bbpTweet span.metadata{display:block;width:100%;clear:both;margin-top:8px;padding-top:12px;height:40px;border-top:1px solid #fff;border-top:1px solid #e6e6e6} p.bbpTweet span.metadata span.author{line-height:19px} p.bbpTweet span.metadata span.author img{float:left;margin:0 7px 0 0px;width:38px;height:38px} p.bbpTweet a:hover{text-decoration:underline}p.bbpTweet span.timestamp{font-size:12px;display:block}

I have a life and things to take care of. The fight game is about making the right choices of my career. If you knew what I have been going through you all would understand. Peaking for a fight is what makes a fighter unstoppable! Timing is everything in life. This is a rebuild year for me not do or die. The time will come again! #positive http://tl.gd/bmr1drless than a minute ago via TweetCaster Favorite Retweet Reply Tito Ortiz
titoortiz

This is a stark contrast from what he told Luke Thomas shortly after UFC 132, when he answered "two weeks" on how quick his turn around could be. Whether he really meant it, or it was just his emotions running high from the monumental win over Bader, either way, it's really hard to blame anyone for declining to face a guy like Rashad on three weeks notice.