Tidbits On WWE & Twitter

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
There's a running joke going around WWE that having good matches, good interviews or getting over with the fans doesn't matter if you're a new guy because the way to get a push is to be entertaining on Twitter and hope Vince hears about it.

- On a related note, Vince reportedly is wanting certain Superstars to change their Twitter usernames. Dolph Ziggler's name was mentioned because his name is @HEELZiggler and heel is apparently one of the terms Vince doesn't want there.

It's said that independent wrestler Gregory Iron, who has cerebral palsy, has some people unhappy in WWE after his recent Twitter campaign to get him a spot in the 2012 Royal Rumble. Because of Iron's petition, some in the company feel pressured to not anger the fans who sign his petition, since WWE is so serious about Twitter these days, and they don't want to come off as cruel to someone with a disability.

Vince McMahon has given the nod to Ted DiBiase and he will be getting pushed. McMahon felt DiBiase should be rewarded for his "DiBiase Posse" tailgating parties with fans. The idea with DiBiase and Zack Ryder is to reward those who come up with original ideas to get over.
The first bit of news sounds too Blue to be true, but hey it's the WWE so you wouldn't put it past them.

I always figured that it wouldn't be too long before Ziggler was told used to drop the heel moniker.

The guy with the disability stuff is just stupid. Just because someone is petitioning on Twitter doesn't mean you have to go through with it. They'll just open up a massive can of worms if they start to cave into stuff like that.

The last bit of news I actually like. Rewarding people like Ryder & Ted to a lesser extent for showing initiative and not just sitting back collecting their payslip could see an upturn in fortune for people.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Ryder def should be rewarded because he got himself over without any help from creative. Ted while it's good he got something going in that regard doesn't change that he has like no character at all right now. As for the Ziggler part considering he had it on his jacket and on his tights I believe it must not be too much of an issue. And then the Gregory thing I'm not a fan of trying to use pity to get something. Maybe let the guy be backstage at the show or something if you don't wanna risk coming off as cruel but don't have to book him on your show.

TheZig

Reaction score
The first part just sounds idiotic, How can you push a guy who is not performing in the ring, On the mic or not having any tv exposure. I'd like to know what classes as being 'entertaining' on Twitter, Are you suppose to be a Comedian, have discussions about the workings of the solar system?

Well Ziggler appeared with the word 'heel' on his attire this past Raw and as far as i know you don't pick your own attire in WWE. I don't expect Ziggler to keep the heel in his Twitter title forever though.

I've watched Gregory Iron wrestle and for a guy with his disability he can move pretty damn well. Yet i wouldn't really want to see him in WWE, It would feel like the Zach Gowen storyline all over again. He obviously wouldn't be presented as a heel so whats the option? Have him squashed by the likes of Brodus Clay and have Ryder and Punk run in to save him.

Rewarding people for being innovative is always a positive move instead of holding them down. It will give other guys the confidence to find something that gains them more exposure and in theory we should get a better product.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I like that WWE are now rewarding people that try to get over and that have original ideas whereas before they used to ignore them. It will give more jobbers hope that they can eventually get over if they can create a good gimmick and garner some strong support.