ThunderStruck: Smackdown! Review 10/21/11

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
It's the go home WWE show before Vengeance, Friday Night Smackdown! Welcome to ThunderStruck! This is our second show this week taped from Mexico City, Mexico, so let's get to the action!

We open Smackdown with Alberto Del Rio coming down to the ring accompanied by Ricardo Rodriguez. The WWE Champion gets a ridiculous amount of cheers from his home country! Del Rio says he can't wrestle the Big Show tonight because of what happened to him on Monday at the hands of John Cena. He says not to worry and this Sunday he will go into Vengeance as champion, and will leave Vengeance as champion. Major pop from the crowd! Del Rio goes to leave, and out comes Teddy Long. Long says Del Rio was cleared by doctors and will face the Big Show tonight!

Out comes Mark Henry. While coming down to the ring, Cole confirms Sin Cara taking on Sin Cara tonight in a mask vs mask match. Henry takes on John Morrison. Once again, Morrison puts on a clinic and showcases all of his talent, only to get jobbed to Henry. Shocker. After commercial, we come back to Vickie and Christian talking about how unfair Long is. Vickie says John Laurinaitis was fantastic for making Ziggler and Swagger against Air Boom for the tag titles. Teddy Long comes in and confirms Christian to take on Sheamus at Vengeance, then books Dolph Ziggler in a SECOND match for Vengeance to defend his US Title against Zack Ryder.

Next we get a good match between Wade Barrett and Daniel Bryan. Both of these guys should be pushed into a higher level than where they are at. Barrett gets the victory on Bryan with wasteland. Interesting to hear the announcers discuss Bryan winning his Money in the Bank and not yet cashing it in. I still think it's going to happen before WrestleMania.

Sheamus and Zack Ryder both come out next to a huge pop from the crowd. Vickie introduces Dolph Ziggler next and out comes Christian to be Ziggler's partner. We get a good match out of all four of these individuals and Sheamus picks up the win with a booming bro kick that sends Ziggler flying.

Cody Rhodes comes out and cuts an intense promo on Randy Orton. Rhodes goes as far to even mention his father in this promo. Really great to see Rhodes going places in the company. Orton comes down and says a few words before going after Rhodes. Rhodes escapes punishment and his bag carriers feel Orton's wrath.

Sin Cara took on Sin Cara in a mask vs mask match. This is just another spotfest between the two. Blue Sin Cara picks up the win after a lot of back and forth action. Blue struggles with black after the match and ultimately unmasks him. Good pops from the crowd in this one, but definitely not apart of my fav four when it comes to this show(five matches).

Natalya and Beth Phoenix cut a promo next. Eve interrupts and tells them she isn't a barbie doll and that they are both ugly on the inside. Eve shoves Beth over and leaves the ring. Somewhat interesting to add to their match this Sunday.

Alberto Del Rio takes on the Big Show in a non-title match. Del Rio and Show give us a surprisingly good match that ends with Show attempting to reverse Del Rio's armbar. Ricardo interferes and causes a disqualification. Show grabs his arm but delivers the knockout punch to both Del Rio and Ricardo. Down comes Henry who also falls victim to the knockout blow! Smackdown ends with Show walking up the ramp looking angry!

Not a bad go home show to lead up to Vengeance. I mean we all agree that WWE should not put two ppvs in one month, as the buildup time surrounding these shows is terrible. After Vengeance we'll have the Survivor Series, and we know that will have plenty of build going into it! I'll have my Vengeance predictions out within 24 hours from now, with interactive commentary on my facebook page during the show! Until next time, you've been ThunderStruck!

Follow me on Facebook...
email joethunder06@Hotmail.com