Thunder Rosa hoping for January return, talks criticism of her injury

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
mtg4mtm4mzq3ntc3nzq3mzq5.jpg

Thunder Rosa said she is hopeful for a January return and a return to training in a few weeks, but is upset at still needing to address her critics while she is recovering.

Appearing on Busted Open Radio Friday, the AEW Women's Champion addressed the current state of things and seemed to take aim at recent comments interim champion Toni Storm made about ending the "interim title nonsense" when she is "doing the work" every week.

"I am still hurt. They haven't given me a time yet when I'm coming back. I'm saying it's January and I hope it is January. And again, if Toni Storm disagrees with what was decided in the back, that is not my problem," she said. "When I get better, I will still be the champion if my boss lets me be the champion. If he doesn't, I will be okay with that decision too, because I don't make the rules and that needs to be said."

She added that she will get an epidural in the next two weeks so she can begin training for that January return target.

"I feel your pain, Toni Storm. I really do feel your pain. I really know and I read that you are doing all the work every single week. Guess what? I'm doing the same work. I am trying to get better to get back in the ring to defend this championship. But in the meantime, get some wins under your belt, so you can talk sh*t about Thunder Rosa."

Rosa said that veterans in the business, and not just in AEW, "have informed me that there are widespread lies going on in different parts and I'm part of these rumors or whatever." She said the Storm comments came as no surprise as she has been mentioned either good or bad in the media despite not being on TV for two months.

Rosa took on critics of her in-ring work:

"As a Latina, it is very hard to make a name for yourself because I'm not a second-generation wrestler. I'm self-made and I had the opportunity and I had the great, great chance to work in many different companies where they believe in my work. And sometimes, it just takes one privileged person or one person with clout to like a tweet and destroy everything you've done. It influences how fans see and perceive you as a wrestler."

Rosa then addressed critics of her not being stripped of the title while she is injured.

"If you're in the back and you are in distress about me being the champion or me being called the champion, I don't call the shots. I have a boss and there's a booker in our office that makes the decisions. So, if you're distraught about what is being booked, maybe you should talk to the booker and keep my name out of your mouth," she said.

"It is really hard when people are approaching you and they're still asking you...because I have some friends who are still asking me if I'm faking an injury. These rumors are started by one or two people and they just spread out and it's not fair. I don't feel like no other wrestler has gone through this, like not at all. Somebody gets hurt, it's like 'Oh, they are hurt.' But when it was me, it was like immediate. After everybody was writing 'Get well' on Twitter after my promo came out, it was just a flood of disgusting things that were not true that came out."

"I am hurt and if you have something to ask, you can go on my YouTube and watch my YouTube videos," she continued. "I have posted every time I'm in a doctor's office, showing to you and explaining to you what's going with me."

"As a matter of fact, in a week or two, I'm getting another epidural so I can go back to training because I want to get back in the ring. I want to get back in the ring and that's it. And I want to show you when they put the needle in my back so they can shut the f**k up and stop saying that I am not hurt. That hurts because I'm trying to get out and trying to get mentally prepared to get back in the ring, to get back to do what I love the most which is professional wrestling. But again there are certain people who cannot keep my name out of their mouth."

"I want to get better mentally, physically, and spiritually. When people have absolutely nothing to do but to create rumors and spread them out instead of texting me directly - because y'all got my number - it creates a lot of problems in my career too, with my family, because my family is worried, they get harassed, they get everything else."

Rosa spoke about not being able to raise as much money as she'd hoped for victims of the Uvalde school shooting.

"I will never forget that time that I was trying to raise money for Uvalde's families. I was trying to raise money for 20 families that lost their kids and I don't know who the heck decided it was a great idea to talk to the dirt sheets and talk s**t about me. And unfortunately, we're not able to raise money like we tried to. We only raised $5000, which is nothing. They took away the goodness that we were trying to do for other purposes. Like, what is the purpose of trying to destroy somebody's career or somebody's status when they work so hard and the only thing that they are trying to do is to feed their family."

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Fucking JANUARY?!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Fucking JANUARY?!

She's literally saying she's fine with Tony stripping her of the title, I think she thinks this interim shit is stupid and has caused her more grief lmao

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
@Tony Khan she’s fine with it, so do it please

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I have to question the logic of doing an interim with no timetable in the first place

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Disappointing she won't be back until January but I feel for her. She's faced a shit ton of backlash, none really deserved, and was wrestling through an injury. On the note of the Interim belt, if they didn't have a clear time-line for a return, then I am fine with a simple vacating of the belt and when the former champion comes back they get first shot. If it is within a short-ish period of time and it is known, then Interim is fine. Hope she gets well soon.

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
"But in the meantime, get some wins under your belt, so you can talk sh*t about Thunder Rosa."
...I mean that's just funny, if you look at the statistics. According to those both had 23 wins this year, with Rosa having one more loss to her name than Toni. ... and let's not talk about how Rosa's title run was pretty lackluster. Of course, she wasn't solely the reason for that, but still played a part in it not being that great.