Three-hour Raw to be more interactive.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
WWE is hyping that Raw will be more interactive once the three-hour shows begin on July 23. "WWE is proud to celebrate this historic milestone with our partners at USA Network," Vince McMahon announced. "Our new three-hour Raw represents the next generation in interactive television where our fans won't just watch the show, they will help create it." Read the story at WWE.com.

Powell's POV: The story states that fans will have new ways to get involved via the WWE website and social media by deciding matches, stipulations, and Superstar development. I have no idea what they mean by Superstar development, but this sounds like elements of Cyber Sunday (a/k/a Viewer's Choice) will occur every Monday to some extent.

Not really a surprise given WWE's new-found social media love.
The "Read this story on WWE.com" link didn't work though.

Seems like this will be a mostly-internet thing, lets hope the IWC steps up and remains the "vocal minority" we are known for.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
sounds like more facebook & twitter mentions to me. Fuck

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
kanenite95 said:
Why does WWE push that gimmick? Like they are actually going to make match stipulations by people voting. I want an Ultimate Shark Death Match where the loser is the one knocked into a pool filled with hungry sharks below. MAKE IT SO!

It's probably not going to be that. Probably like, "whats your dream match?" The one with most votes and actually is possible WWE will try to make happen.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
sounds like more facebook & twitter mentions to me. F***

Using twitter to get some fan interaction and making them feel like part of the show isn't a bad thing imo.
Trying to whore your viewers into getting things to trend as a way of kissing your own asses (like they have been doing) is annoying as hell and completely useless.

I just fear that we're going to get the Viewer's Choice Raw from 2010 every week, which was arguably the worst episode of Raw ever (if you ignore the whole Nexus attack thing). We got questions like "Should Drew Mcintyre face Goldust, Yoshi Tatsu, or a mystery opponent?" Come on, WWE... Then the idiot fans decided that Great Khali and Hornswoggle should get a tag title shot. Fuck.

Step up, IWC.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like a craptacular idea. I hate these fan interactive sort of things like Taboo Tuesday/Cyber Sunday.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Rainman said:
Using twitter to get some fan interaction and making them feel like part of the show isn't a bad thing imo.
Trying to whore your viewers into getting things to trend as a way of kissing your own asses (like they have been doing) is annoying as hell and completely useless.

I just fear that we're going to get the Viewer's Choice Raw from 2010 every week, which was arguably the worst episode of Raw ever (if you ignore the whole Nexus attack thing). We got questions like "Should Drew Mcintyre face Goldust, Yoshi Tatsu, or a mystery opponent?" Come on, WWE... Then the idiot fans decided that Great Khali and Hornswoggle should get a tag title shot. F***.

Step up, IWC.

That's the point. Even if WWE gives us 'interaction' it's not going to be

"Hey, do you want to see Ziggler vs Bryan in an Iron Man Match or do you want us to turn Cena heel?!?!?"

it will be more like

"Hey, do you want to see Big Show arm wrestling Mark Henry or a dance contest between Teddy Long and Hornswoggle?!?!?"

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
You do know the first hour of the 3 hour RAW could just be a pre-show. By interactive they mean interviews with fans, voting on matches and stuff on the pre-show. It's not confirmed that it's an hour longer of wrestling.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
What a waste of time that would be. Nobody would watch that shit.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's good or bad, if we have Cyber Sunday style polls every Raw I don't think it's going to be very good, however, if they find another way to do it and don't shove it down our throats it would be cool. I don't think the first hour will be a pre-show, I think it'll be another regular hour.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
BrockLesnarFanForLife said:
Hows it gonna be interactive??? dont tell me even more twitter/facebook hype as I wouldnt be able to handle that

Fans choosing stipulations by voting on wwe.com, perhaps interviews with fans, stuff like that.