This Is Us

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I started watching it today. It is 2 episodes in, I think the 3rd airs today.

Wanted to make a thread for it. If you haven't watched it, thus far it has been an amazingly written show. I don't want to give a spoiler because the first episode basically lines up the story.

Has anyone watched it on here? I watched the 1st two episodes and I love it already.

You can watch the 2 first episodes here:
This Is Us - NBC.com

Last edited:

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Just got done watching the first episode... that ending threw me for a loop.. so awesome!

About to watch the 2nd and 3rd episodes now..

Thanks for making this thread and suggesting this!

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Just got done watching the first episode... that ending threw me for a loop.. so awesome!

About to watch the 2nd and 3rd episodes now..

Thanks for making this thread and suggesting this!

I just noticed someone posted in here haha I am glad you enjoyed it. The first episode was SO GOOD! It was written like poetry almost.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I just got done with this weeks episode and I cried once again... I feel like this story is going to have a life lesson and a sad part in every episode. By the end I was crying because it was both sad and beautiful.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I'm shocked more people aren't watching this show. It is so good.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I'm going to look into it. I think the wife mentioned it last week

It is really good. It isn't the typical "drama" that is meant for only women. Those usually annoy me.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Just got done with episode 10 I believe it was. It wont be back till the 10th of January now.

Uggg... I was crying. It is always tears of joy, tears of sadness, tears of fear. This show addresses so many issues people face and in such a poetic way. If anyone on here is interested in a show that is so real it hurts, then watch it.

The family of the show is not a traditional one. The mother and father lose one of their babies and are left with twins. A doctor suggests they adopt a little boy who was left at a fire station. They do. The little boy is black and the family is white. They take him in and love him as their own anyways which is a beautiful thing. As the show progresses, we meet his father who was a brilliant musician and poet who turned to a life of drugs. The little boy, now a man with his own family hunts him down. He forgives him and begins to bond with him. Then he realizes that his mother knew who he was the whole time. Yesterday's episode (the one I watched today) teaches us something else about his father, that he had a boyfriend of sorts. That is just one part of the story. The twin sister has an eating problem which is something she had since she was a little girl. She starts going to a help group for it and meets a man she falls in love with. They break up because he quit on his diet, only he comes back on Christmas Eve and commits to his diet and to her. The show ended with something bad happening to him. The twin brother was a famous actor on a sitcom and quit because he wanted to be viewed as a real artist. He finds himself moving from california to new york city (where his adopted brother lives) and has his own issues from childhood with feeling left out unravel. Then you have the original father of the twins and the boy, who died. We don't know what happened to him yet because the story didn't reach that part yet but the mother did remarry, and it was his best friend. They have hinted at the father being abusive to the mother in one episode but didn't get in to it very deep, kind of left it open to interpretation. So as you can tell, this story has a lot going on but it has been so beautifully written.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Just finished the last episode for season one....
200.gif

So I thought it would end with us finally knowing how/why Jack died. I thought it was going to be from drinking and driving. I am actually glad they didn't reveal that yet. The ending of the last episode made me cry quite a bit. After that fight those two had and what Jack said, I don't even know. It is one of those things that makes you really get invested in someone on a show. With Rebecca and Jack both feeling like they aren't enough and how he proclaims his love to her after all those years went by right before he left... *cries*

I have to admit, this is one of few shows to really make me get this emotional. If anyone on here likes family driven drama shows, this is probably the best one I had ever seen. Before this, I would have said Parenthood but this has topped that and then some. The way it is written is like poetry and I have a lot of respect for the writer(s) who does this show. It touches on so many issues we see in society as well. It brings a light to them but in such a unique way.

Season one gets a 10/10 from me.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Personally this season was a let down. Was bored during a lot of the episodes. Too much Kevin, not enough Toby. I have a hard time feelin sympy :steiner:for a handsome millionaire who can’t stop drinking and messing up with hot girls.

• Haha

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Personally this season was a let down. Was bored during a lot of the episodes. Too much Kevin, not enough Toby. I have a hard time feelin sympy :steiner:for a handsome millionaire who can’t stop drinking and messing up with hot girls.
I think his whole thing was more or less him used to getting his way and not getting his way anymore. But now we know he has kids...
WHO IS THE BLOODY WOMAN!!??? :angry:

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
I think his whole thing was more or less him used to getting his way and not getting his way anymore. But now we know he has kids...
WHO IS THE BLOODY WOMAN!!??? :angry:
I bet it’s Kate’s friend. That blonde broad whatshername. He yelled at her at the hospital yadda yadda yadda, he has money and abs, yadda yadda yadda, they knock boots and have dem babies.

• Haha

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I bet it’s Kate’s friend. That blonde broad whatshername. He yelled at her at the hospital yadda yadda yadda, he has money and abs, yadda yadda yadda, they knock boots and have dem babies.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Also, I think the mom has Alzheimer's :sad: