This is Brock, my new friend

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score

I wasn't planning on getting another cat so soon but I felt it would be better for my anxiety if I did.
I had a few things in mind when I was looking. It had to be an adult cat, it had to be cuddly, and it had to be cat friendly.

I went into the shelter with the intention of getting one of the cats who would be least likely to be adopted.

I was greeted by a beautiful tortoiseshell girl who was tiny. She was 2 years old and very cuddly but she liked to be the boss. I knew that kind of attitude wouldn't go over well with Twiggy. Then I turned to see dozens of kittens. Very very cute kittens. As much as I would have looooved to bring one home, I had my heart set on an adult. There were only 5 at this event.

Two of these cats didn't like dogs, one of them wasn't very cuddly, the other was the torti, and then there was Brock. A young volunteer approached me and told me about him.

Brock came from a hoarding house with lots and lots of cats. He has a few battle wounds. He is also FIV positive. For those of you who don't know, that is feline aids. There is a huge negative perception on cats who have this from adopters. Many will avoid them, most won't give them the time of day.

When she opened the cage, he immediately started purring and rubbing on me. I was surprised how sweet he was. It took me less than 3 minutes to decide that I wanted him. I filled out he forms and he watched me, started to meow to get me to come back to him. When the woman took him out to hand him to me, I took him and within seconds, he actually hugged me. There were also some of his kittens there too and the one was so cute, he/she would meow to get people close then run away and hide.

The only downside here is he is afraid of dogs and Twiggy is acting like a banshee when he is around him. Brock already scared the crap out of Kane. He hasn't met Jagger yet. Twiggy... Well, that is a work in progress. Brock hasn't hissed or been mean to him once, hardly even cares he is around. I am hoping they can become friends with time. This all depends on Twiggy.

Given what happened just a few days ago, I wanted to share about Brock. I didn't expect to bring home a cat that is this trusting and loving. He hasn't hid, he slept in the bed with me, and loves falling asleep on my lap. I know Joey would have loved him and they would have been very good friends.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I learned something else about Brock today. He had to go in for a check up since he has been having poop issues.

The woman who was hoarding the cats, she kept them in pots and Tupperware. They found him closed in a pot. I hope she goes to prison.
I don't know how a cat can be this loving after that level of abuse.

It makes me sick to think people who claim to be animal lovers can do such disgusting things.

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score

I wasn't planning on getting another cat so soon but I felt it would be better for my anxiety if I did.
I had a few things in mind when I was looking. It had to be an adult cat, it had to be cuddly, and it had to be cat friendly.

I went into the shelter with the intention of getting one of the cats who would be least likely to be adopted.

I was greeted by a beautiful tortoiseshell girl who was tiny. She was 2 years old and very cuddly but she liked to be the boss. I knew that kind of attitude wouldn't go over well with Twiggy. Then I turned to see dozens of kittens. Very very cute kittens. As much as I would have looooved to bring one home, I had my heart set on an adult. There were only 5 at this event.

Two of these cats didn't like dogs, one of them wasn't very cuddly, the other was the torti, and then there was Brock. A young volunteer approached me and told me about him.

Brock came from a hoarding house with lots and lots of cats. He has a few battle wounds. He is also FIV positive. For those of you who don't know, that is feline aids. There is a huge negative perception on cats who have this from adopters. Many will avoid them, most won't give them the time of day.

When she opened the cage, he immediately started purring and rubbing on me. I was surprised how sweet he was. It took me less than 3 minutes to decide that I wanted him. I filled out he forms and he watched me, started to meow to get me to come back to him. When the woman took him out to hand him to me, I took him and within seconds, he actually hugged me. There were also some of his kittens there too and the one was so cute, he/she would meow to get people close then run away and hide.

The only downside here is he is afraid of dogs and Twiggy is acting like a banshee when he is around him. Brock already scared the crap out of Kane. He hasn't met Jagger yet. Twiggy... Well, that is a work in progress. Brock hasn't hissed or been mean to him once, hardly even cares he is around. I am hoping they can become friends with time. This all depends on Twiggy.

Given what happened just a few days ago, I wanted to share about Brock. I didn't expect to bring home a cat that is this trusting and loving. He hasn't hid, he slept in the bed with me, and loves falling asleep on my lap. I know Joey would have loved him and they would have been very good friends.

Wonderful choice, Snake. May Brock offer you the best company. I have a cat myself, called Emil. He's a tuxedo cat and has been a valuable member of the family for the past eight years.

Reactions: Red Rain

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Wonderful choice, Snake. May Brock offer you the best company. I have a cat myself, called Emil. He's a tuxedo cat and has been a valuable member of the family for the past eight years.
Share some pictures in the pet thread sometime, I'd love to see him. :cat:

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
As promised, here is a photo of Emil, the best one I could find. He is my longest living pet and I am very proud of him. Take a look...

Foto0041.jpg