This Forum Has Seen Its Fair Share Of Historical Moments...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
And I'm talking about within the realm of professional wrestling, or more precisely, WWE. I was even gonna post it in the General WWE section to make it more clear, but figured it might get moved here anyway, so decided to save someone the time. The forum was created in December of 2011 if I'm not mistaken and I've been a member since February of 2012, and after giving it some thought last night, I realized quite a few noteworthy and historical things have occurred since then that have been witnessed and discussed by the community here:

-The Rock's return to the ring at Wrestlemania, and a long-awaited feud with John Cena. Say what you will about the quality of the feud, or at least the decision to book them in a rematch at WM29 (although to me that just made perfect business sense), but you certainly can't say it wasn't an historical feud.

-The Rock winning the WWE Championship one last time, something 99.9% of people thought would never happen.

-CM Punk's 434 day title reign. Although I think people tend to overrate this title reign when they talk about 'historical' it was, seeing an Indy darling like CM Punk get such a long reign is somewhat surreal looking back on things. We've also seen him get booked against all the major part-timers (Rock, Undertaker, Lesnar), be paired up with Paul Heyman, and then bared witness to his controversial walking out of the company.

-Did someone mention Paul Heyman? Seeing Heyman return to WWE television for the first time in years was a treat.

-The return of Brock Lesnar! Something few people thought would happen, and with that, we finally got a long-awaited feud with HHH and a few other good matches, too. He's also won the WWE Championship one final time himself.

-Speaking of which, the end of the Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak.

-The rise of Daniel Bryan. A man who people once thought would probably wound up being another Charlie Haas ended up becoming the most popular superstar in WWE today, at least as far as the live crowds are concerned.

-The unification (finally) of the two world championships. Shame the unification had to center around Cena vs Orton Part 157, but an historical moment nonetheless.

-The debut of a new crop of wrestlers who will play a vital part in WWE's future - Deam Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Bray Wyatt, Cesaro, etc.

-HHH turning heel for the first time in seven years.

-Batista's return and the short-lived reunion of Evolution.

There's others, but I don't want to name all of them. I also don't watch TNA, but anyone who does can feel free to mention any and all historical moments that have happened in that promotion since the creation of this forum... if there's even been any lol.

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
BLFFL with her Nostradamus like predictions.
I'm pretty sure she was just trolling. I doubt anyone on the forum actually thought Lesnar was going to win.

and WWE shit themselves and gave away Lesnar's return like 10 minutes beforehand.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Well there was that whole WWEN launch that some of us kept up on. That considered historic too?