Things from other cultures you enjoy?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Is there anything from another culture that you enjoy?
It can be food, decor, clothing, customs, ect.

I like a lot of decor from other cultures myself and my latest thing I have really grown to love are furins.
They are the traditional wind chimes of Japan. Fu meaning "wind" and Rin meaning "bell".
I ordered one last week actual, it is like the one pictured below but transparent.

product-hugerect-296357-119084-1394593338-21129e225731fbd06e1aa6ebaf809d00.jpg

Sticking with the same pattern here, I have always loved Maneki Nekos aka Fortune Cats.
They are common in a lot of Chinese and Japanese restaurants here in the US.
The one below is a cutesy version done in porcelain but the one below that is the traditional one.

s-l500.jpg

22ec7539e0ede0b5e7d5e260fb06f7de.jpg

To be fair, I love most Japanese or Chinese decor having to do with cats. lol
I also love the food, the dresses/robes the Japanese women wear (kimonos), and anime.

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Anything Japanese but the language in particular. I watch TV Japan daily so I am exposed to the language every day. I love sushi and other Japanese food, anime, manga, J-Horror, Japanese TV, Japanese clothing and culture... if it's Japan, I like it.

I'm also quite obsessed with the United Kingdom. Never been there but I read a lot about the history. I am quite interested in the countryside there more than the cities. I'd love to see old buildings. And no matter what anyone says, the UK has the freakiest ghost stories in the world.

Brother Loathe

Ah Loathe Yewwwwww
Reaction score
Anything Japanese but the language in particular. I watch TV Japan daily so I am exposed to the language every day. I love sushi and other Japanese food, anime, manga, J-Horror, Japanese TV, Japanese clothing and culture... if it's Japan, I like it.

I'm also quite obsessed with the United Kingdom. Never been there but I read a lot about the history. I am quite interested in the countryside there more than the cities. I'd love to see old buildings. And no matter what anyone says, the UK has the freakiest ghost stories in the world.

The countryside is just a lot more peaceful than anywhere else so it's easier to make up stories about the creepy lonely set of homes.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
The Ancient Greeks and the Mediterraneans created the middle finger gesture. Flipping the bird has saved me a ton of time and explanation over the years.