The Ultimate Fighter's Akira Corassani Puts the Fear in People

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
Akira__00005_large_JPG_large.jpg
Akira Corassani is blogging at MMA Nation and shared his perspective on being on the cast of the 14th season of The Ultimate Fighter: Bisping vs. Miller. There are a lot of choice nuggets, but this was the most interesting to me:

It started out with some sparring and me putting the fear into people. You could hear them in the beginning saying 60% power, technical sparring. That's what Bisping said. You have to remember Marcus just lost his fight. Imagine losing and being eliminated from the tournament. Maybe Diego hit him first and it escalated? Maybe it was just one of those days everyone was pissed off. Everyone had 12 week camps before they fought to even get into the house. Then you have to fight again and diet. People are always talking crap and the sparring situation was all a result of stress. You could see me going 60%. You could catch my kicks. Maybe when I said I like to put fear in people it was out of context. It wasn't even the same day.

My thinking behind the intimidation to put fear into my teammates was that it was a small house. Everyone wants to win and you have these eight guys who are going to be your friends for the season who you trust with your life. I don't think so. People are talking and spreading information so when I punch my people hard in the stomach I want them to go tell the other guys I'm dangerous. The whole thing with the show is how you want to see it. Do you see the subliminal messages and what's really going on?

That's what I like about TUF fighter blogs, the rare instances when they venture into meta-commentary of the editing of the show. It's like hearing from your goldfish about what goes on in the tank when no one is home.

More SBN Coverage of The Ultimate Fighter 14 Finale