The UK is Importing American Sperm to Deal With Shortage

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
There is a sperm drought looming over the UK, and they're facing some issues keeping up with the demand. It is believed that donor numbers have dropped since 2005, when donors no longer had the right to anonymity (children who were conceived by way of a donor can now legally ask for the identity of their donor at age 18). And despite advances in fertility treatment causing a drop in demand for donors, there is still a large disparity. And doctors in the UK are turning to international sperm banks to deal.

British Fertility Society chairman Dr. Allan Pacey is concerned about clinics lowering their standards to meet demand. Via BBC:

"The worry is clinics might decide to change the quality of sperm they are willing to accept in order to get donors through the door and I think that's a very dangerous road to go down."

He's also concerned that couples may turn to riskier practices like "DIY insemination with a friend's sperm or seeking treatment in a country with less fertility regulation."

It seems the US and Denmark are major suppliers of sperm for the UK, and one in four donated samples is imported from abroad.

http://jezebel.com/the-uk-is-importing-sperm-to-deal-with-shortage-1597476610

lol UK can't even get their own sperm. You're welcum, UKfags.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I'd do it, but I dont want my DNA to be part of any Eurofag

Solid Snake

Wow... So either there are a lot of UK women who can't get pregnant... Or a lot of them who don't want a man around. lol
This seems weird to me. How can so many people be needing sperm?

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
If you can't get it the natural way then maybe you don't need it/shouldn't have it. Thats all I'm sayin. Plenty of kids need adopting.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Wow... So either there are a lot of UK women who can't get pregnant... Or a lot of them who don't want a man around. lol
This seems weird to me. How can so many people be needing sperm?
They don't need it, they just want money from their government.

• Haha
Reactions: Majour