The Trip

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
The Trip

Eden, Slate Bass, Keres, and Princess Nova
@Nostradamus
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The crickets chirp in the night and we hear the cracks of a campfire as we are in a thick forest. A swamp is in the distance as fireflies dance across it and some overgrown plants make their way through the thick bog. Frogs croak on the water’s edge as their slime covered bodies have a light glow under the night’s moon as the sky above is filled with galaxies of stars. Getting closer, we see the red glow of the fire and move in closer where a group of people you would not expect to be in this place, enjoy a camping trip. Around a campfire, we see the Bassignani family, Eden, Slate Bass, Princess Nova, and little Keres, all around a campfire, sitting on logs and stumps.

Eden is very much dressed as someone you would see on safari, with brown boots, cargo shorts, a Tomb Raider-esque top and a hat with her hair in a ponytail peeking out the back. Completing her outfit is a vest that mimics that of a scout leader, but it is adorned with patches depicting rather macabre imagery instead of skills. In front of her, she fiddles with a branch, making random marks in the dirt.

Keres looks adorable, her outfit being akin to that of Paddington Bear, but the colors are all yellow instead of blue and red. She has a mouthful of food, presumably roasted marshmallows.

Slate Bass’ attire is very much not entirely scene appropriate. Although not in a suit, he still wears more formal pants and dress shoes. Up top is a tank-top, making him look like someone that just finished doing some dirty work for the mob.

Lastly, we see Princess Nova, sitting on a stump. Her charcoal hair glistens from the glow of the campfire, keeping her signature tiara on her head. Its gems almost glowing in the night. On her ear, we see cuffs cupping it, imitating a point much like an elf or other fantasy character. Rather than her normally overly lavish looks, she wears something more fitting of the setting they are in, and yet, still in tune with herself. She has a medieval gothic style laced midriff dress. It has earthy tones to it, with the lace keeping the dress somewhat tight around her. Her long gloves match the material of her dress. She is happily humming while looking at the campfire before speaking.

“It’s so nice to be able to escape for a few days. We never do this and it is so nice to be in nature.” Princess Nova giggles before looking up at a dragonfly passing by.

The head of the family, Eden, nods in agreement and gives a small grin. “Agreed. Although I much prefer the unnatural nature of our TORN Universe, this world’s nature does have its own charm. What better way to have quality time as a family than by getting in touch with our mortal roots.”

Slate follows his wife and speaks. “And of course, what an opportune time to have some meaningful discussions. Perhaps get our thoughts and desires out in the open.”

“Family sharing time!” Nova smiles, acting a little extra bubbly compared to normal and adjusts herself on her stump. “We have been so busy that we haven’t done that in forever.”

Folding her hands, Eden thinks before responding. “That sounds like a lovely idea. But let me remind you, that we have the Lethal Lottery coming up. AMA’s management have been ambiguous in what it will be aside from the fact it will be to determine AMA’s first tag team champions. We need to have our priorities in order, not just for The Residence, but ourselves.” Looking at the campfire, Eden hums. “Although, it would be nice to share a little extra.”

“Then how about you begin, dear.” Slate motions for Eden to begin.

Eden picks the stick she was fiddling with back up and tosses it into the fire. The sound of it burning brings a smile to her face. “Like the overwhelming crackling of the branch as it turns to cinder, we too have established ourselves as a fiery force in AMA. Our competition has been engulfed by our flame and we truly are burning brighter than ever. I am very proud of the both of you. However, pride does not account for much in the grand scheme of things. While we are more calculating, more vicious, and more powerful than ever before…there is still more to do, more to accomplish, and more to control. I expect the two of you to continue following my lead.”

Princess Nova and Slate nod in agreement, listening.

“I never question you, ever.”
Nova says.

Eden nods at Nova then glances at Slate.

“I will never repeat a mistake twice.”

Looking down, Eden notices Keres tapping her leg. Seeing her daughter, Eden picks up Keres and puts her on her lap. “Well, I suppose you would like to share too?”

Nodding, the young child speaks up. “Nova has been teaching me to draw” she glances at her “big sister” who bears a big grin. “She showed me how to draw flowers, and butterflies, and kitties, and a whole bunch of other things, mommy, Nova is soooooo nice!”

“Is that why our fridge is covered in all that ‘art’ from you, dear?” Slate looks at his daughter and she nods.

“It’s nothing really,” Nova chimes in, “I just love expressing myself and I thought Keres would love to do the same, hehe.” the giggle coming from Nova is youthful and bright.

“And what have you two been doing today?” Eden asks Keres and Nova.

“We played Witches and Elves.” Keres says and Nova smiles, pulling her silky black hair back to show her ear cuff which gives her ear an “elf” like shape. “Nova was an Elf and I was a witch. It was fun!"

Eden does a small clap and nods. “You have become quite the sister for Keres,” and Nova grins and tilts her head.

“I’d do anything for my little sister!” Nova chimes.

“Love you big sis-” Keres mumbles, looking at Nova. Eden has a small smile and Nova covers her mouth, grinning, before putting her hands on her heart.

“Aww, love you too, Keres!” Nova beams with happiness before Slate clears his throat and interjects.

Slate lets out a rare happy chuckle. “To think that what seems like a lifetime ago… we tried to kill each other. Now you’re taking the role of exactly what our daughter requires to advance in life. Truly lovely.”

Nova grins before looking towards Keres… and her eyes seem fixed on her. Not taking her eyes off Keres, Nova blinks and her stare becomes almost blank. Keres gives a small devious grin and Nova’s arms go down slowly, almost stiff like a board. Slate ignores this and continues to talk.

"While The Residence has become a stronger force, far more superior than we have ever been, I cannot seem to shake a nagging feeling. Something I haven’t experienced in years. A need. Or maybe it’s more of a want? Perhaps a bit of both. I want to show myself as an equal." He looks towards Nova and she is seemingly lost in thought, body tensed, "I've been pleased with how we've worked together. We have come a long way, and teaming with our Princess has given me something I lost for quite some time. A true challenge and a yearning to become more. Nova is not the only one dedicated to their own growth. Once upon a time, I ruled RWK as its longest reigning European Champion out of pure spite. I beat the Devil, put an old Bastard down, ended a career, literally beat Death, teamed with God, and it took an inferno of challenges to finally fall and rise up from the ashes. That…is what I need. My motives and intentions have never been to simply acquire gold, there is always a meaning. However in this chapter.... AMA's tag team titles will not just be a symbol of our unity, but a sign that I am going towards where I need to go. A sign that I am getting ever so slightly closer to fulfilling my potential."

Eden stares at Slate Bass, seeing a fire that heats up his cold eyes, a look that she had not seen in quite some time. “My TORN Warrior, you keep talking like that and there is absolutely nothing anybody can do to stop you. Remember the unstoppable monster within you. The monster that didn’t need another person, but a monster that will welcome it to be even greater. That monster contained in your head is made more powerful by the presence of someone that truly fights alongside it…Ahem, Princess.” Eden looks at Nova.

Snapping out of whatever mental state she is in, Princess Nova blinks and shakes her head. “Yes, Eden.”

“I know you have been focusing on playing with your little sister, but we do have other things to attend to.” The Seamstress of Reality reminds her TORN Angel and Nova nods.

“Of course. I won't forget about it. My work is never done.”
She nods before crossing her legs.

“Let me begin by asking,” Slate adds to the conversation, “How did your message to our dear friend, ‘Brian’ go?”

“Message sent and delivered without a problem.” Nova nods. “Just a small reminder, a gift from his departed followers.” Then, the Princess giggles and has a devilish smirk on her face. “It was fun tearing those three apart. Their Fall from Glory was foretold. Their aggression was something, but so it was their end.”

“How did he appear?” Eden asks Nova again.

“Brian? He brushed it off with his sarcasm, but I could tell there was something under the surface.”
Nova responds, giving a chuckle. “I believe his Grand championship tournament loss has stuck with him.” She rolls her eyes, “A lesson we all had to learn, coming up short for a championship we thought was destiny, but instead finding out our fate is delayed.”

“Your evaluation?” The TORN Warrior of the family once again asks Nova and she hums before giving her answer.

“Tough, but breakable.”
She echoes the letter written from Eden by repeating “‘Even the tightest knots come loose one day.’ He is a man between two identities, a terrible place to be. I believe by the end, he will be thanking us. The process sometimes just requires tough love.” Nova giggles, “I know all too well.”

“As do I.” Slate looks up with a smirk, “That is a place that will leave you in quite a…funk.”

Nodding, Eden adds. “You were a great challenge Nova, but we knew the work would be worth it. Under the mask you hid behind, I knew there was a strong young lady. A woman of royal blood crying out for her family, ready to live her fantasy every day. Look at you now. Pliable, merry, strong, smart, caring. A fine addition to the family.”

The Princess giggles and blushes. “Stop it. I couldn’t have done it without you guys. Your love and guidance, Slate being able to use force yet, a wealth of knowledge, Keres making me smile every day. My success has always been in aiding you. Honestly the only time I felt I almost strayed from the path was when I lost sight of it for personal gain.”

Looking at her mentor, Eden, Nova speaks, “But that’s the past. I know you only want what’s best for me - what’s best for all of us! I’ll be your TORN Angel and act as your envoy to everyone. I’ll always help you get others to reach their true potential!”

Glancing at her little sister, Nova grins, “And of course I will always be ready to play with you, Keres! Raising you is no easy task and Eden and Slate can only do so much!”

Then Nova looks towards Slate. “As for you, someone of your caliber has been worthy of a championship for some time. If the world was right, you would have never lost a title you earned. A certain someone would not have abandoned you and continued to add to your strength. In fact, you would have been dripping in gold. I am forever in your debt for helping me finally open my mind. In the Lethal Lottery, rest assured I will help you right that wrong and obtain perhaps the most important championship in this family; one which symbolizes unity.”

Folding her hands, Nova grins, humming. “This is so exciting.”

Eden picks up some fire pokers placed near her and puts a marshmallow on each one before handing them out. “A toast… to a family, TORN happily.”

The Residence all make their marshmallows meet in the fire.

“And may our Disney fairytales be everyone else’s Shakespearian tragedies.” Eden says in a cold tone, bringing the Bassignani family outing to its close for the night.