The Tomato festival

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marvel26

Reaction score
I don't know if any of you have heard of it but there is this huge tomato fight that takes place in Bunol, Spain every last Wednesday in August. Anyway, thats where I went for my holiday this year and I just thought I'd tell you guys about it. It was really great loads of fun and I would reccomend it to everyone unless you are a little wimp.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Yeah I saw the pics in the newspapers recently. Looked like shit tons of fun. I wouldn't participate personally, because tomatos disgust me, but otherwise it looks like a riot.

phantomgerald

Looks fun, just wondering though. Does the tomato wash off white clothes?

Marvel26

Reaction score
I don't like tomatoes either but I still went along.
Does the tomato wash off clothes?.................No

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
Sounds like fun...always good to partake of some culture.

wwe_fanatic

Reaction score
Spain is the country that they get chased by bulls down a street so this seems like nothing. lol

It sounds like a hell of a time and hopefully I can got there on day :) (Is there a winner or something or do is it just like a food fight?)

wwe_fanatic

Reaction score
Honeymoon! rofl. Maybe a holiday but I doubt she'd say yes lol.

Does everyone go there and just join in?

Marvel26

Reaction score
We got the first train down at 0730 and people were running to get a place on the train. We did'nt know where we were going after the train station so we just followed the crowds. At a certain point the crowds were just heading down to the music section, so we went down a street and noticed all the house windows had plastic sheets and covers over them so we figured this was where it was taking place. We carried on down the street and went to a cafe. We were told it was starting at 1100 so we made our way back up the street. We went as far as we could with the crowds and then we noticed the ham on the pole. It's some tradition for somebody to climb to the top of a greassy pole to receive a massive piece of meat. Once the meat is down the tomatoes come out. It was really fun coz the crowd had favourites and they had people who they hated, oh and the crowd totally popped when a girl tried to climb. A mssive rocket goes off which signals the trucks are coming. The trucks come with people sitting in the back dishing the tomatoes out and then everyone starts throwing them around. After about ten minutes or so anither truck comes and does the same, then another then another then another. And it just carries on for about an hour. Afterwards everyone heads down to the river to get washed but on the way down some local people come out with hosepipes and hose you down.