The Shawn Michaels/Chris Jericho feud

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

chessarmy

Is awesome, and I think it is feud of the year right now. The angle with Jericho/HBK on RAW was the most enjoyable thing on that show, and this whole feud is the only reason why I watch RAW. Shawn Michaels reaction to his wife getting punched has been absolute gold (even better than Booker's at Final Resolution lol) and I think his feud with Chris Jericho has been very good, well thought out, and could end up as feud of the year when its all over. I think they could have stretched this feud out all the way to Wrestlemania if they wanted to, but I also think that it is a good idea to end it at Unforgiven so it doesn't get stale.

So, what do you guys think of the HBK/Jericho feud? Also, do you think it should end at Unforgiven or would you like to see it go on a little longer?

humankiller99

Reaction score
i like the feud personally. hbk and jericho work well together and the promos are nothing more than stellar.

this match should be real bloody but I think it all ends at No mercy in some type of gimmick match. dare i say HIAC?

Michael1

Reaction score
i like the feud personally. hbk and jericho work well together and the promos are nothing more than stellar.

this match should be real bloody but I think it all ends at No mercy in some type of gimmick match. dare i say HIAC?

There won't be another hell in a cell match so soon. We just had one at SummerSlam, WWE won't put on another one just two months later.

As for the feud. Definitely feud of the year for me. The promos have been gold, the wrestling has been gold. It's just amazing. The thing I like about the feud is that they aren't giving much away. Since Backlash to SummerSlam, they've only had two matches and if you include Unforgiven, it'll be three since the feud basically started in April.

Their match at Unforgiven should be damn brutal, bloody and it'll definitely be a match of the year candidate in my mind. All in all, a great rivalry, best of 2008.

KF4E

Reaction score
I have to agree with the thread starter. it is easily the best feud of the year, and if I'm being brutally honest, it's the best feud over the last few years in my opinion. They have charisma, a great story, it's personal, and they can put on one hell of a match. I'm enjoying it every second. I just hope it doesn't end at Unforgiven.

Moonlight Drive

Longer, longer, LONGER

This feud has been not only the best of this year, in my completely unbias opinion, the best feud in a VERY long time. It has outdone every feud WWE has put on in many years, it has become so intricate and relalistic, something I never thought I'd say when talking about wrestling. With the inclusion of Rebecca, and the fact it has gone for close to 6 months without getting stale says a lot

I want this to go until at least Survivor Series. Unforgiven doesn't seem the place to end a feud as INCREDIBLE as this. Also, this could give Chris Jericho a huge rub, win, lose or draw, Jericho should be catapulted into the Main Event after the brilliance he has displayed. As you said, they could easily and flawlessly keep this going till Wrestlemania

KF4E

Reaction score
Longer, longer, LONGER

This feud has been not only the best of this year, in my completely unbias opinion, the best feud in a VERY long time. It has outdone every feud WWE has put on in many years, it has become so intricate and relalistic, something I never thought I'd say when talking about wrestling. With the inclusion of Rebecca, and the fact it has gone for close to 6 months without getting stale says a lot

I want this to go until at least Survivor Series. Unforgiven doesn't seem the place to end a feud as INCREDIBLE as this. Also, this could give Chris Jericho a huge rub, win, lose or draw, Jericho should be catapulted into the Main Event after the brilliance he has displayed. As you said, they could easily and flawlessly keep this going till Wrestlemania

I agree, if by any chance they did end it at Unforgiven, I'd be mighty pissed. I'd rather they ended it at Summerslam instead of Unforgiven. However in reality I would really love it to end at Wrestlemania, that would be an awesome blow off point. However that would mean another 6-7 months, which would take a bloody creative genious to stop it getting stale.

Moonlight Drive

I think they're capable. I mean, they have shown enough creativity and ability to make this feud incredible, why not till Wrestlemania?

Jericho/Michaels easily has the potenial to surpass everything else as the greatest feud in recent memory, if not all time

KF4E

Reaction score
I hate to say it, because Flair is F'n awesome. But if this did go all the way till Wrestlemania 25, I think it would be a better match, and a better story than Michaels/Flair.

Moonlight Drive

Me too. But Flair is the backbone of this feud. Remove HBK retiring Flair at Wrestlemania 24 would be destroying this feud, as if we remember it all began with Batista/Michaels and retiring Ric

KF4E

Reaction score
Me too. But Flair is the backbone of this feud. Remove HBK retiring Flair at Wrestlemania 24 would be destroying this feud, as if we remember it all began with Batista/Michaels and retiring Ric

Yeah that is a good point. But I still think it could have worked if Michaels didn't retire Flair. Because if you remember it all started when Shawn Michaels faked a knee injury at Backlash. I know it was against Batista which spanned off from the retirement angle, but it could have been against anyone that he faked the injury, which would have still lead to Jericho/Michaels.

Austin_316

Reaction score
This feud has been great i mean with Y2J getting the upper hand in most of the confrontations between them. This shows that Y2J is being pushed towards an Orton type role so he will have more future title shots. He was excellent as the undisputed champ so in a way this is a good way for HBK to go out as a hall of famer and that WWE are looking to the future.

Airfixx

If been vocally all-over this fued from the start; 'shooting' down the complaints from many a member about how it's going on too long, is too convoluted etc... (So I will save you all yet another l-o-o-n-g bluurb about it and will save my final plaudits for when it's all said and done....)

...I too think the fued is so good that it deserves a more prestigeous event to host it's climax (and the thought of WM is appealing in theory), but the issue is how much of a story is there left to be told?

To gratuitously drag it on for another 6 months just to further add some 'prestige' to the occasion could well ruin what I'd agree has been the best fued in recent WWE memory (subject to the 'pay-off' match).

Ultimately, as long as the guys are afforded a hefty amount of match time for the final match then I'll be happy to deem the whole fued a complete and utter triumph!

[Fidgets in uncontrolable excitement due to contemplating the above suggestion of a 1hr Ironman match...]

The Rated R CMStar

It's not feud of the year imo(that is Edge vs Taker).

Let's not forget that it got really stale at one point, by Night of Champions time. Then, it has been rescued and it's pure magic, and one of the best in a lot of years, however, the more they can stretch this feud is to Survivor Series and not killing all sense in the history of the feud

KF4E

Reaction score
It's not feud of the year imo(that is Edge vs Taker).

Let's not forget that it got really stale at one point, by Night of Champions time. Then, it has been rescued and it's pure magic, and one of the best in a lot of years, however, the more they can stretch this feud is to Survivor Series and not killing all sense in the history of the feud

Nah Edge/Taker doesn't even come close in my eyes. It's not personal like the Jericho/Michaels feud.