The Rock's set for new TV series

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
According to a report from Deadline.com, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is set for a new TV series on TNT. Below is the article:

There will not be a second season of TNT‘s The Hero but the network has picked up a new aspirational reality series from the auspices behind it – star/executive producer Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Electus.

TNT has greenlighted Wake Up Call (working title), in which Johnson will lend a helping hand to everyday people who are facing enormous challenges in their lives. TNT has ordered eight one-hour episodes for a 2014 premiere. Electus, 5×5 Media and 7 Bucks Entertainment are producing, with Electus’ Ben Silverman, Chris Grant and Jimmy Fox executive producing alongside Craig Armstrong, Rick Ringbakk and Charles Wachter of 5×5 Media; and Dwayne Johnson and Dany Garcia of 7 Bucks.

“We had a wonderful time working with Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson on The Hero, in which he challenged and mentored a group of everyday heroes,” said David Eilenberg, SVP, unscripted development for TNT and TBS. “Wake Up Call evolved from our experience on The Hero and is its natural successor, bringing the human spirit of that show home to take on everyday challenges.”

Source: Pwmania

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Lol no respekt 4 teh Rock. He iz shitty since he no be gud WWE chmpeeon. Lol wut a noob. Does he evn lft?

Laura

The Showoff
Reaction score
Well. Call me a hater, but I really don't understand what all the worship is about. I mean, it's reality TV. He's not curing cancer, he didn't win a Nobel prize, and his run in WWE still sucked more dick than all his marks combined. So, uh...grats to the Rock, I guess.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Well. Call me a hater, but I really don't understand what all the worship is about. I mean, it's reality TV. He's not curing cancer, he didn't win a Nobel prize, and his run in WWE still sucked more dick than all his marks combined. So, uh...grats to the Rock, I guess.
You have to give it to him for having such a hectic schedule and still wanting time to do something with the WWE. As much as his run was bad, the dude works his ass off.

Laura

The Showoff
Reaction score
You have to give it to him for having such a hectic schedule and still wanting time to do something with the WWE. As much as his run was bad, the dude works his ass off.
Yeah, I guess, but a 435 day reign ended with an elbow drop is pretty hard to forgive. :sad:

Laura

The Showoff
Reaction score
It's the most electrifying move in sports entertainment :true:
Okay, but it was misused and poorly performed in that title match, take a look:

Notice the hulk up and the embarrassing bouncing around like a beached fish? That's not 'vintage' Rock at all. The people's elbow was always best when it was delivered with that cool confidence the Rock was known for. He looks like a Cena wanna-be here.

But anyway, this is off topic (and nitpicking) and I didn't mean to derail the thread. Just saying.