The Rock and John Cena to wrestle more matches?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
We previously reported that WWE officials had been discussing a John Cena vs. The Rock rematch later this year. To update on this WWE officials also talked about the possibility of doing a third match between the two. If they go with the trilogy, the first rematch would take place later this year, likely at SummerSlam. The third match would then take place at WrestleMania 29 in New Jersey. The Rock has agreed to return more often and also participate in more matches. As for the possible Rock/Cena rematches, it all depends on this year’s WrestleMania 28 buyrate, crowd reactions, etc.

Source

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
This could either be epic or flop massively. Rock could win this year in hometown, Cena turns heel on the same night and destroys Rock. Destroys someone in a filler feud, then faces Rock at Summerslam. Cena wins. Then at the following Wrestlemania they use Rock to turn Cena back to face somehow, whether Rock wins and Cena shakes his hands or Cena wins but it was a brave match bla bla bla then they shake hands.

However, I'd rather Rock feud with Miz.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Considering I'm on record as saying I don't think there is a realistic chance Cena will turn heel, I think it would just diminish the Wrestlemania match from a historical perspective if they wind up having a series of matches. Go out, put no the best match you can Sunday, and let it stand for itself. Much more harm can come of this than good.

I agree though Crayo if Cena turns on Sunday a new dynamic is obviously added to the feud and it wouldn't be so pointless to have it continuing on.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
I'm having the biggest Hogan vs Rock feeling about this.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
The one that will piss off the IWC the most is if Cena simply "rises above" and wins clean, but I just can't see this happening. I also don't see Rock winning cleanly against the biggest star in WWE when he's not full time, that's not happening either in my opinion. That's why a heel turn is more possible than it's ever been, but I won't be surprised if it doesn't happen. Meh, this is WWE, so expect Cena winning and a Hogan/Rock replica of a handshake.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
The one that will piss off the IWC the most is if Cena simply "rises above" and wins clean, but I just can't see this happening. I also don't see Rock winning cleanly against the biggest star in WWE when he's not full time, that's not happening either in my opinion. That's why a heel turn is more possible than it's ever been, but I won't be surprised if it doesn't happen. Meh, this is WWE, so expect Cena winning and a Hogan/Rock replica of a handshake.

Well said, I'm glad that there will be more matches with :rock:.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
The ONLY way I will be happy about this is if Rock does actually follow up and give some time to the WWE to compete in more matches and make this happen. As if the effort isn't there by both parties it'd be an epic fail.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
To be honest no one expected Rock to be at every RAW nearly in RTWM, that's quite impressive. If he does stay he'd need to keep it up sort of. Not every week obviously but once a month if possible.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
I suppose it all depends on what films he has in the pipeline as he could do some WWE films I suppose but they're usually a bit naf but that'd fit his schedule more I suppose.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
I think Rock just compares the movie studio and WWE's pay check to make up his mind.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Crayo said:
The one that will piss off the IWC the most is if Cena simply "rises above" and wins clean, but I just can't see this happening.

It's completely what I expect to happen, because the WWE doesn't give a fuck about the IWC, and if anything, they like to stick it to us every chance they get.

bbsrtrain

Jobber
Reaction score
I have to say, I like the idea of Cena and Rock but they've been blowing this thing up so much. I understand its a big deal but come on man. Hopefully Cena will use more than his moves of doom

Reactions: Crayo

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
bbsrtrain said:
I have to say, I like the idea of Cena and Rock but they've been blowing this thing up so much. I understand its a big deal but come on man. Hopefully Cena will use more than his moves of doom

Agreed, it's been built over a year though so it's understandable. Year long feuds are stupid and boring in my opinion, especially if the guy you're feuding with isn't there for like 8 months of them.

The match itself I think will be great from a technical aspect, both of them are training pretty hard for it.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Agreed, it's been built over a year though so it's understandable. Year long feuds are stupid and boring in my opinion, especially if the guy you're feuding with isn't there for like 8 months of them.

The match itself I think will be great from a technical aspect, both of them are training pretty hard for it.

Curt Hawkins is getting beat up by Rocky all the time. lol :laugh:

Victoria Justice

Champion
Reaction score
This is whats going to happen Cena will pull the biggest upset in wwe history and rock will feud with another superstar bigger than cena as in Randy or Taker