The Rebuilding of WCW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Travis40

April 1st, 2001​

WCW was in dire need of something to turn the product around. The sponsors have left WCW, they’ve lost their TV shows. They’ve lost tons of workers. WCW is pretty much dead. In a surprising move, AOL-Time Warner decided to sell WCW to Eric Bischoff for $9 Million. Bischoff had to find more wrestlers, a TV deal, sponsors.

Will Bischoff succeed and rebuild WCW to it’s former glory? Or will Eazy-E fail once again?

Find out here on “The Rebuilding of WCWâ€￾

WCW.com said:
The following is a list of wrestlers who are leaving WCW to look for work elsewhere

Ahmed Johnson
Alex Wright
Bam Bam Bigelow
Big Vito
Bill DeMott
Bret Hart
Brian Adams
Brian Knobbs
Bryan Clarke
Buff Bagwell
Chris Candido
Chris Kaynon
David Flair
Don Harris
Elix Skipper
Earnest Miller
Evan Karagias
Goldberg
Haku
Hulk Hogan
Johnny Stamboli
Juvi Guerrera
Konnan
La Parka
Larry Zbysco
Lash LeRoux
Lex Luger
Major Gunns
Mike Awesome
Mike Sanders
Norman Smiley
Psychosis
Randy Savage
Reno
Rey Misterio Jr.
Rick Steiner
Roddy Piper
Ron Harris
Scott Hall
Shane Douglas
Shawn Stasiak
Sid Vicious
Stacy Keibler
Tammy Sytch
Tank Abbot
Stevie Ray
Ultimo Dragon
Wayne DeBruce

Bischoff was stunned. He couldn't believe that he had lost top names like Hogan, Sid, Hall, Luger, Goldberg, Savage, Bagwell, and Hart, along with the cruserweight division...Bischoff couldn't believe what was happening. He saw his dream going down right before his eyes.

WCW.com said:
The following is the official WCW Roster
Kidman
Chavo Guerrero Jr.
Jeff Jarrett
Kevin Nash
Lance Storm
Mark Jindrak
Midajah (OOC: I kept her to keep Steiner happy :dry:)
Ric Flair
Scott Steiner
Sean O' Haire
Shane Helms
Shannon Moore
Sting
Torrie Wilson (OOC: I kept her to keep Kidman happy)
Vince Russo

Bischoff knew that he had to hire top class talent that was able to draw big crowds and could keep them coming in, and Bischoff knew he had to have that happen as soon as possible or WCW would surely be dead.

All titles are vacated and I am using EWR for this...yeah...the old school EWR...I'm using the Monday Wars Scenario and hopefully WWF doesn't kick WCW's ass again :)

Moonlight Drive

EWR, that brings back some memories. So are you going to be posting Ratings & buy Rates WCW/WWe get and all the other stuff on EWR, or just make it up as you see fit?

Travis40

I'm gonna post the ratings and the buyrates of the PPV's....

I'll probably start doing shows soon.

wrestlingnews.com said:
Breaking News: WCW is in major talks with a WWF Mid Carder and a former Tag Team Champion. More to come when we get details!

Qwake

Looks pretty good Travis, I like a few guys on the roster and also, will you be writing your own shows or copying out the stuff on EWR of what happened with what matches and stuff? Well I will be reading and I am curious as to who WCW is in talks with :D

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Ok what's EWR? Also, this looks good.. Nice little starting roster.. I did something like this... I remember doing something like this.. Well not really but the same era.. Micheal posted it plagiarizing his own cousin. :bad: Anyway's is this your first BTB Travis?

Evil Austin

looks alright, good you took like 3/4 of the roster away... good luck, feel free to check out my BTB any time. A show is posted a few mins ago.

Travis40

WCW.com said:
WCW has reached a deal with TNT to host a prime time show on TNT!

wrestlingnews.com said:
WCW has gained a TV deal with TNT to host their returning show Nitro on TNT alongside Raw and ECW's newest show, Heatwave.

In other WCW News, there's been tons of reports on who this WWF Mid Carder could be. Some are saying that it could be Edge, Christian, the Dudley Boyz, Billy Gunn, X Pac, and possibly BOTH of the Hardyz. We'll keep you updated as we learn more!

WCW has also signed many independent talent who will be named later.

WCW.com said:
WCW has signed 2 very popular independent talent by the name of AJ Styles and Sonjay Dutt . We wish them the best in the future in WCW!

WCW.com said:
WCW Spring Stampede will come to you from Freedom Hall in Lexington, Kentucky live on Pay Per View! Don't miss your favorite WCW talent in Kevin Nash, Sting, Ric Flair, and other great WCW wrestlers! Don't miss the biggest PPV of the year for WCW in Spring Stampede!

so...there's the news for the next couple days...I'll start in a couple of days. Thanks for all of the comments and I'll be sure to return the favor when I can :)

EDIT: Almost forgot to show the updated roster :08:

WCW.com said:
The offical WCW roster is as follows
AJ Styles
Chavo Guerrero Jr.
Jeff Jarrett
Kevin Nash
Kidman
Lance Storm
Mark Jindrak
Midajah
Ric Flair
Scott Steiner
Sean O' Haire
Shane Helms
Shannon Moore
Sonjay Dutt
Sting
Torrie Wilson
Vince Russo

-TJ-

Roster looks good. Glad to see how you play out with not that many proven main event talent.

xtremebadass

Styles vs. Helms for the World title FTW!

This looks pretty promising...should have kept Billie Bill Goldberg though lol.

Diablo4life

Reaction score
Eh, Goldberg going was for the best. Jarett and Steiner are the only 2 bonified main eventers left in WCW. I am interested to see how you play this out. Good luck!

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
This looks good Travis.. The roster is cool.. I have a feeling Aj, or Sonjay will be pushed up our asses, and the WWF midcard guy will also be pushed up the ass of readers.. I haven't a clue on who this guy is..