The Purge [ a minor review of sorts?]

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Decided to finally watch this movie. Just got done with it.

I don't think it was that bad but there was almost too much happening while not enough happening, if that makes sense.

Obviously, the story has the basis of having mainly to do with singling out the poor, sick, etc. of the US and letting other people "handle the problem". While the idea behind this movie is all kinds of evil, the premise is interesting. This is fiction and not meant to be true to life but the possibility of something like this happening is fairly impossible.

It kept my interest for the most part as everything happened suddenly but I could basically tell what was going to happen before it happened. I knew the daughter's boyfriend was going to try to kill her father way before it happened. I knew the man the son tried to save would end up not killing any of them but actually help them in the end. I assumed one of them would die and it would end up being the father. You got the notion that the entire neighborhood hated them. Right from the beginning I also knew the son was not going to sit by and let anyone die nor would he actually kill someone.

I can see why it got a 5.1 out of 10 in terms of ratings. I enjoyed the Paranormal Activity films and actually watched them backwords which I think made me enjoy it more. I assumed I would at least value this higher because the same makers are behind this film but meh. It wasn't much higher than the actual ratings others have given it.

I feel it should be about a 6.5/10. I don't feel like I wasted my time watching it. I enjoyed it enough for what it was, a low budget thriller film but I am not sure I will bother with the 3 other films or the one coming out next year. I think if the first film was written with a bit more detail and suspense, I would have liked it more.

Reactions: Grievous 3D