The power of music discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Can music change the world, does it have healing properties, how important is it for day to day life?

Discuss

Factoid

One recent scientific paper out of Harvard showed music therapy helped stroke patients regain speech. And other studies found music may improve heart and respiratory rates and blood pressure, as well as anxiety and pain in cancer and leukemia patients.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Of course, music is one thing that can control emotions. I heard that when people are being converted to become gang members, they would listen to music that would make them angry. It would motivate them to kill, since they never killed before and had second thoughts. The music empowered them and shifted their emotion to do things they wouldn't do if they were calm. That is one example.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Thats a interesting example that i was unaware of. Seen it in Zoolander but never thought it could be a reality. I jus find in amazing that something like music can affect us so much. Its not surprising as such just an interesting insight into the human mind an emotions.