The Order of the Gash

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
I thought we might spice up this forum by exploring what was either left unseen or not entirely clear, posing questions and comments about the Order of the Gash from the Hellraiser films.

Now, the first films until the new ones suggested that the Cenobites were illiterate, or hide their literacy skills. The Auditor from the most recent films suggest that reading and writing is possible in the Order, but the concrete proof is nowhere else to be seen.

What would you say? Can the Cenobites, the disfigured, twisted creatures from hell read or write?

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Fanny means vagina in the UK too so imagine how funny it must be to see "fanny packs" being sold in the US.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
As for the topic, I only remember seeing two Hellraiser films and not in good detail as I was very young at the time and only watched them each one time.
I would imagine they are only illiterate by choice because I don't remember them being "stupid" or anything. Maybe some were?

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
As for the topic, I only remember seeing two Hellraiser films and not in good detail as I was very young at the time and only watched them each one time.
I would imagine they are only illiterate by choice because I don't remember them being "stupid" or anything. Maybe some were?

No, none of the Cenobites are dumb. They have the intelligence to speak to others and a sickly sense of style in the way they dress. I wouldn't say their minds are at fault. I would guess myself, perhaps they have sacrificed literacy in favor of complete devotion to their methods of inflicting pain.