'The Office' exec teases spin-off 'The Farm'

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kellie

Reaction score
RainnWilsonPA070312.jpg

he Office executive Paul Leiberstein has revealed details of spin-off The Farm.

The new show will follow the US spin-off’s Dwight Schrute, played by Rainn Wilson, as he returns to the country to run his family’s farm and bed-and-breakfast.

Leiberstein told: New York Magazine: "Basically we have a show about a family working together and a family business in the heartland.

I'’s kind of focussed on some people who are not often represented on television. I think it's really interesting. I'm super-excited about it. I haven't grown up on a farm myself, so I have a lot of research to do.

He added that work on the new show will begin "early next season", saying "We'll be able to focus on casting outside of pilot season. We'll get to really do it right."

However, Lieberstein said that Michael Schur, who has been recurring in The Office as Dwight's cousin Muse, is unlikely to be a series regular. "We're going to have to explain why he’s not there. He will do what he can, now and then. But for the most part, he can't be Mose."

nme