The Oddity Reviews Indy Wrestling.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Which Indy Promotion do you keep up with the most?

• Ring of Honor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Combat Zone Wrestling

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Pro Wrestling Guerrilla

• Defy Wreslting

• Progress Wrestling

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I've been wanting to do this for quite some time because I have been seeing how many people are seemingly sick of the current WWE product in several recent threads, and I figured now could be a good time to actually make this a thing, and Jacob has agreed to come on board with me to be my co-partner on this so that we can showcase alternatives to WWE. Many are and yet aren't aware of the many alternatives to modern WWE, and I am here to do your tour guide for the Indy scene, one can say, to alternatives to WWE. So this thread is an introduction to what I will be doing, naming a few promotions that will be showcased, and where and how to watch said Indy promotions. This thread will also serve as a Table of Context, or a quick guide if you will, as well.

Rating and Watching

So now how is going to work? Well, that is simple I will watch a PPV or an episode of a promotion, rate each match on a 5 rating base with 5 being great, 3 being decent, and 0 being awful, give a rating to the overall PPV or episode and have a final thought that wraps everything up. I will be posting one to two reviews and each review will be posted on Saturday unless it gets delayed due to life and such.

Now, I watch a lot of Indy Wrestling more so than WWE lately, and many people are familiar with some of the popular ones like ROH, CZW, PWG, IMPACT, and some more. Many aren't familiar with the numerous others out there like Anarchy Wrestling, Preston City Wrestling, Westside Xtreme Wrestling, C*4 Wrestling, Pro Wrestling Chaos, Zero1 USA, Black Label Pro Wrestling, Women's Wrestling Revolution, Alpha-1 Wrestling, and Rise just to name a few. Remember, these aren't the only ones I will be talking about just some examples. If you want to watch any of these events many of them are available on Youtube and Dailymotion, but the companies like ROH and IMPACT have their own streaming services, they are some also on FITE TV and Pluto TV, as well many others like CZW, C*4, and PWG are on one of two streaming services, which are Powerbomb.tv and Highspots Wrestling Network.

Closing

So I hope you enjoy this and I hope you guys appreciate the hard work that will go into this. As well, if you have any questions, suggestions, or even critiques please feel free to ask them, tell them, and post them as I am always willing to help and willing to improve, except for my co-partner, Jacob, who is a dork and thinks he is awesome. Thank you and hope you enjoy this as much as I do.

Reviews
WWR: From The Pinnacle To The Pit

Last edited:

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
No review this week due to personal reasons.