• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Promos The Next Stop Is...

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
maxresdefault.jpg

Time Period: 6:00 AM, Mid-Fall (Prior to LDW)
Name: Slate Bass
Current Appearance:
img-tom-ellis_13071633208.jpg

The next stop is...Broadway Junction...Stand clear of the closing doors please.

~Slate~
"Ah, Brooklyn. A home away from home. Full of an equal amount of elegance and debauchery. I had almost forgotten how much I love this place. Forgive me sir, my name is Slate Bassignani, and you are?"

The scene stays focused on Slate Bass, who is sitting at the end of the J-Train heading towards Broadway Junction.

The person he is talking to does not respond.

~Slate~
"Not much of a talker, I see. I'm usually the same way, although it is quite unusual for a New Yorker to remain silent when a stranger addresses them. Tell me, what is your goal in life? Do you have a vision?"

The person does not respond.

~Slate~
"Are you lost? I can sympathize with that-"

This is...Broadway Junction...-
"Attention passengers, due to construction on the tracks, this will be the last stop on this train, please gather your belongings and exit the train, thank you and have a great day."

~Slate~
"Right...Well, you have a great day sir."

The scene pulls back to reveal a very disheveled looking man sitting next to Slate Bass. Dressed in raggedy clothes, dirty from head to toe, and reeking of alcohol. Beside the man is a shopping cart filled with various random items. Slate pats the man on the shoulder and he slumps over onto the seat.

Slate Bass sighs and exits the train, walking onto the platform at Broadway Junction.

The doors of the train close behind him and it heads off in the opposite direction.

Broadway Junction is the hub for an enormous amount of trains in Brooklyn. Sometimes acting as a home for the metal behemoths, other times a graveyard. Although filthy in appearance, the air is oddly fresh, giving off a sense of comfort and familiarity. Usually filled with a multitude of people, this day sees the station almost completely empty, except for a few birds and the "Torn Warrior" Slate Bass.

Slate begins slowly walking down the station.

(Thinking to himself)

~Slate~
"What has happened cannot be undone, the past is merely hurtful tidings and fleeting joy-...hmph, false joy, used as a veil to withhold the truth from all the judgmental eyes of the world. Fate would have me dead if it knew any better. But it appears that is not my destiny, for I would already be nothing more than a footnote in the memory of a desensitized civilization."

Slate places his hands in his pockets and looks down at his feet as he walks. The cool fall air brushing against his cheek in an almost loving manner.

(Thinking to himself)
~Slate~
"The path I have chosen to walk is not one a weak mind can understand. Only one that has become the monster tucked within themselves can withstand this journey. Only one with a mind so fragmented that it has become whole can truly comprehend the lengths to which I will walk. When you accept the fact that life and death have become one and the same, there is nothing left to fear, for you are fear incarnate."

Slate continues walking, getting closer to the end of the platform. As he walks, it begins to rain. The birds at the station fly away.

(Thinking to himself)
~Slate~
"Beauty is an abstract concept. It is a combination of qualities that pleases the intellect or moral sense. It leaves you curious and wanting more of it. What I see beauty in is the idea of reality. It is a thing that exists in fact, having previously only existed in one's mind. What is beautiful and what is real are both subjective; they are dependent on the mind or on an individual's perception of its existence. Am I what one would consider beautiful? Am I what you would consider a reality?"

Slate Bass reaches the end of the platform and leans forward, placing his arms on a rail overlooking train tracks.

(Thinking to himself)
~Slate~
"It would seem that I am inevitable...or rather my destiny is, whatever that may be. If I am to live an existence contained in pain with glimmers of love and strained perfection...well...fate, perhaps you should show me my assumption is correct. Prove to me that I am as valuable as you tell me I am. Help me learn the truth."

Slate Bass hops over the rail and begins walking on the train tracks. Balancing on one of the tracks with his arms outstretched and looking towards the sky.

~Slate~

"If I am to live, then I must be shown I cannot die. If I am truly a part of the grand plan, then prove to me that I am valuable."

A train's horn can be heard in the distance. Slate's gaze changes to straight ahead, staring at the oncoming train down the tracks.

Slate steps off of the track and sits in the middle of the path of the train, waiting for his fate to be sealed.

~Slate~
"I must either be liberated, or the sweet taste of death must grace my palate and release me from my Torn existence."

The train races down the rails, moving full speed towards Slate Bass. It inches closer and closer, but Slate remains unmoved and un-phased by the thousands of pounds of steel rushing at him.

Slate closes his eyes, seconds from impact. The train goes through where Slate Bass sat.

He opens his eyes.

The next stop is...Chauncey Street...Stand clear of the closing doors please.

*Eden*
"My love, do not worry. This mysterious journey we are on may be puzzling, but it is a puzzle we are solving together piece by piece."

Slate Bass and Eden, with their daughter Keres in her arms, are sitting in the J Train.

~Slate~
"What if this puzzle has missing pieces?'

*Eden*
"Then we create our own. Fate may guide us. Our destiny may seem ambiguous, but we control more than anybody understands. We still influence it just as it influences us. We guide it and it guides us. We are both the masters and the slaves, just as it is."

Their daughter Keres coos and lets out a small burp.

~Slate~

"I know now what we must do."

*Eden*
"Tis' a liberating feeling, is it not?"

~Slate~
"So it is. Yet I wonder what the experience of death would truly be."

*Eden*
"It comes for all some day. But our day may never come."

Keres coos once more.

This is...Chauncey Street...Please watch your step as you exit the train.

-END-

Last edited: