The NEXT four Pillars?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
AEW loves to talk about their 4 pillars of the future: Sammy G, MJF, Darby and Jungle Boy. But with things moving along it may be sooner than we think before these 4 guys are on top of the AEW roster. Question is, who's next?

Who do YOU think will be the next "pillars" or future breakout stars for AEW?

My Picks:

#1 Dante Martin - Self explanatory for anyone who's ben watching. Dude is special and gets air like no one else. Babyface material in spades. Needs help on facials and promos. but my #1 draft pick for the future.

#2 Daniel Garcia - Rougher around the edges but this dude is an animal. Intensity out the ass. Great old school mat style that's unique and he makes it look painful and menacing. I love this guy, great savage heel potential. want to see him under Danielson's tutelage in the future please.

#3 Wheeler Yuta - Yuta is great. Already excellent in the ring and has a good baby face look. missing that little extra something but I really think he has a ton of upside if he can figure that part out. tall, explosive, smooth and decent looking to boot.

#4 Lee Moriarty - Probably saw this one coming with Yuta before him. Again, huge babyface potential. Really good in ring. C H A R I S M A! he has it. Just needs some seasoning and promo help.

Would love to see what others think and who they would put in!

PS: I wanted to put women too but I couldn't justify putting any very young woman above these four wrestlers but there's lots of potential there too, just that the in ring work isn't quite there with most of them yet imo

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Lee Moriarty and Daniel Garcia for sure. I'm still not sold on Dante being a big solo act and it's really his face more than anything so that's sad :lol but I've been convinced before. And Yuta I think is a dark horse but also is good af so I like his inclusion.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Lee Moriarty and Daniel Garcia for sure. I'm still not sold on Dante being a big solo act and it's really his face more than anything so that's sad :lol but I've been convinced before. And Yuta I think is a dark horse but also is good af so I like his inclusion.

like I said with Martin, his facials are the issue for me too :p . he just looks lieka sad puppy all the time and it just doesn't match his in ring persona at all. i dont know if its a resting face thing or a confidence in front of the camera thing, but it's certainly an eye sore to the whole rest of his presentation

Reactions: Chris

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
Once he returns from injury, I do think Ogogo can really become one of the pillars

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
All Japan/NOAH marks

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Once he returns from injury, I do think Ogogo can really become one of the pillars
if he can get his eye and travel issues in order, he certainly has tons of upside as well and thought his promo game was pretty solid

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
One name I agree on that someone else mentioned is Anthony Ogogo. He has had eye issues stemming from his boxing days, but just from his early glimpses he seems to just "get it" for wrestling. I think he will get better with time, he has a good look, comfortable when speaking, and while I think he was hurt a bit with the booking early on (The US vs UK storyline was so dated. "Your healthcare sucks!" Most Americans: "WE AGREE!") but I like him already.

Last edited:
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
One name I agree on that someone else mentioned is Anthony Ogogo has had eye issues stemming from his boxing days, but just from his early glimpses he seems to just "get it" for wrestling. I think he will get better with time, he has a good look, comfortable when speaking, and while I think he was hurt a bit with the booking early on (The US vs UK storyline was so dated. "Your healthcare sucks!" Most Americans: "WE AGREE!") but I like him already.

Yeah Juice said she likes Ogogo a lot and I do agree. Hell I wanted him to beat Cody and Im not a cody hater (only ironically for fun).
He has a great look and can talk, and liek you said "gets it". I really hope see more of him sooner than later

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
My issue with Ogogo (and also why I wouldn't nominate Wardlow or Starks for this) is that he's already older than all of the current four pillars. He's 33 and has substantial wear and tear already so I don't know, I just don't see him being a pillar beyond when the current 4 have run their course. But that's not to say that I don't think he'll be a huge star. He's absolutely one of my top picks for someone who can break out and be a big deal in the near future.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
33 damn yeah, not too old or anything but yes I was looking more for people younger than the aforementioned current pillars

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
My issue with Ogogo (and also why I wouldn't nominate Wardlow or Starks for this) is that he's already older than all of the current four pillars. He's 33 and has substantial wear and tear already so I don't know, I just don't see him being a pillar beyond when the current 4 have run their course. But that's not to say that I don't think he'll be a huge star. He's absolutely one of my top picks for someone who can break out and be a big deal in the near future.
and yes, i consider stark like a side pillar of the current ones, and wardlow as a possible standout (he was great last night lol)

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Reaction score
I'd like to see Garcia wreck shit up for sure. That kid has grown on me so quickly, so much potential there.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Yeah I think if we're really sticking with the premise of pillars as being guys that the company can build around and have carry the torch for the next decade+, then AEW most likely don't have their next pillars yet. Jungle Boy is 24, MJF is 25 and Sammy and Darby are 28 so we're talking 20 or more years that these dudes could possibly be around and wrestling at a high level. It's not like their peak is end going to end that much earlier than Dante Martin (who I honestly think has a much lower ceiling than the current 4) or Daniel Garcia.

The real question is who will be the complementary pieces to the four pillars, and that's where guys like Martin and Garcia fit in.

And the other question I think we could be asking is who is who in this metaphor? Who's the Kobashi, who's the Kawada, who's the Misawa and who's the Taue? But I think it would be easier for most if we instead painted it in the WWE Ruthless Aggression Era light - who's the Cena, who's the Batista, who's the Orton and who's the Edge? :hmm:

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Dante Martin, Daniel Garcia and Lee Mortiarty feel like locks for that role. Not sure if Wheeler Yuta will get that push that soon but he seems pretty cool and likeable. Ogogo is a bit too old to be a pillar and his body is broken down (he is a fucking boss tho). I'd slot WARDLOW in as the 4th pillar.

Women's wise I'd go with Conti, Red Velvet (she needs a bit more work), Anna Jay and Jamie Hayter