The new main event commentary team

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Any comments on the new commentary team on Main Event. For those who don't watch or missed it they have moved Cole and JBL's occassional cameos from the main event commentary team to instead use a "youth movement" commentary team as it is called by WWE.com. The team is The Miz (being some kind of bridge between the old and the new team), Josh Matthews and Ricardo Rodriquez.

Comments?

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Well, sounds like a good change. I'm hoping Mathews finds his niche as a commentator and I guess more screen time could help.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Miz on commentary? God WWE is gonna be crap while muted.

CrayJ Lee

Champion
Reaction score
Website
bewitchingbennett.tumblr.com
Ricardo Rodriguez was actually quite good, but Josh Matthews and The Miz just don't seem very charismatic on commentary. Granted it was just their first show working together so perhaps it will get better. Based on my first impression I wasn't impressed. I prefer Cole and JBL at this point.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Ricardo Rodriguez was actually quite good, but Josh Matthews and The Miz just don't seem very charismatic on commentary. Granted it was just their first show working together so perhaps it will get better. Based on my first impression I wasn't impressed. I prefer Cole and JBL at this point.

1. Matthews should be wrestling, He is quite good in the ring as seen in Tough Enough 1
2. Miz is shit on the mic so he is shit on commentary.

Stopspot

Reaction score
You hit it nail on head with your statement. The best commentary teams have chemistry between each other and have worked together for years, JBL and Cole (they did Smackdown for a good couple of years), JR and Lawler and arguably the best team of all time, Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby the brain Heenan.
Miz works well as a commentator from my experience. He's been on Main Event since the start of the show and worked well with Cole. Once he, Josh and Ricardo get a routine going it will pick up.

Stopspot

Reaction score
2. Miz is shit on the mic so he is shit on commentary.
Clearly doesn't know a good mic worker when he sees one.

Miz might not be a good wrestler but to claim he is a bad talker is either trolling, uninformed or hating for the sake of hating. If you can keep even steps on the mic with John Cena and the Rock then you are a good talker.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
You hit it nail on head with your statement. The best commentary teams have chemistry between each other and have worked together for years, JBL and Cole (they did Smackdown for a good couple of years), JR and Lawler and arguably the best team of all time, Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby the brain Heenan.
Miz works well as a commentator from my experience. He's been on Main Event since the start of the show and worked well with Cole. Once he, Josh and Ricardo get a routine going it will pick up.

JBL and AJ Lee had great chemistry on commentary during one of Ziggler's matches.

Stopspot

Reaction score
JBL and AJ Lee had great chemistry on commentary during one of Ziggler's matches.
There is a destinct difference between having chemistry for one segment and being able to develop long lasting chemistry for a commentary team.
AJ doesn't have the chops to make a good commentator, neither as a color or play by play one in the long run.