The Muppets To Appear On Upcoming Raw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mr. Mat

Dr. Vincent Kennedy McMahon

Mr. McMahon now has one more mark of distinction to add to his long list of accomplishments. After delivering a speech to the graduates of Sacred Heart University, the Chairman received an honorary doctor of humane letters degree.

“First of all, my name is not Vince,†Mr. McMahon told WWE.com. “It’s Dr. Vince or Dr. McMahon.â€

The Chairman said he had no other honors comparable to this one; however, he felt right at home in that robe.

“If anyone alive should be decreed the doctorate of humane letters, it unquestionably should be me, and I humbly accept that award,†he said.

Mr. McMahon walked out to a very warm welcoming from over 1,000 members of Sacred Heart’s graduating class. His wife Linda McMahon, a member of the Sacred Heart Board of Trustees, presented him with a hood just moments before he tossed his cap into the chairs to kick off his speech.

“I have no pearls of wisdom for you today,†the Chairman admitted. “I’m not going to tell you how to run your lives because I have difficulty running mine.â€

Mr. McMahon discussed the challenges he went through on his way to receiving a degree as well as the bumps he faced on his road to success in business. He was honored for giving back to the community, particularly with children and education.

“What makes this a very special day is that the students have the privilege of hearing my remarks,†the Chairman announced before taking the stage.

Perhaps Mr. McMahon was accurate with that claim.

“He’s a well-established businessman,†said Matthew Cassidy, graduate. “He’s very successful and I’m excited to hear what he has to say to us.â€

Christopher Lavoie, another member of Sacred Heart’s 2007 graduating class, agreed.

“I think Mr. McMahon is the perfect speaker,†he said. “I grew up watching WWE on TV and now to see him here in person is like seeing everything from my childhood come up with me.â€

Mr. McMahon’s words were brief, but he made his stay memorable. After reminding everybody in attendance that he did become a billionaire, he made sure to discuss some of the failures he faced on the way. Still, he has been able to use them as methods of learning, giving him the education he needed to stand with a doctor of humane letters degree on the stage of Sacred Heart University.

“There have been a number of failures along the way in my life,†he said, “I have no pearls of wisdom, as I said before, but I can leave you with this thought. It’s important in life that you’re not afraid to fail. If you’re not afraid to fail, then you will be a success in life.â€

CenaMark54

I wish Vince was the speaker at my graduation.

As much as we all hate his on screen character, the guy has accomplished a lot in his life and really has a mind for business. He also does a lot for charity and the troops.

3lions

Reaction score
He's a highly successful business man. He's a proud family man. He's a very honourable charity worker. He deserves a lot of credit for the things he does, yet will never recieve that credit, due to his on-screen persona.

MJ807

Reaction score
Congrats Vince he deserves it after all the work he has done yeah and like 3lions said unfortunately he won't ever recieve credit for anything until he is dead.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
-- WWE.com announced Monday that the Muppets will step into the ring on the Oct. 31 episode of WWE Raw SuperShow to celebrate their first theatrical release in over a decade – Disney’s The Muppets, opening this Thanksgiving.

WWE teases: "What will happen when Kermit the Frog meets The Viper? Will the Divas make Miss Piggy flip with jealousy? Will Beaker be confused for Sheamus? On Halloween, it's time to play the music, it's time to light the lights, because the Muppets are about to get Raw!"
WHY.

MaNonTheMoon

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
:twitch::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp::fp:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Jesus come on WWE this is Blue. Even if I was a kid still I would think this was Blue.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
There goes Punk's crusade of making this shit cool again.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Didn't the Muppets generate some of the largest revenue for movies of their time? Weren't they a top rated show for years? Didn't they even have their own talk show which got better ratings than Conan gets?

It isn't like they aren't apart of pop culture still to this day or that their characters haven't interacted with humans successfully in the past. They could be really good if done right.

Plus I just want to see a promo face off between Kermit and Miz ... I don't give a fuck what you guys say if that happens

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
They are just hyping a movie, I wouldn't get all upset over this. I'm sure it will lead to a few humorous backstage segments, too.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I'm struggling to figure out who this is supposed to appeal to. Kids won't know who the Muppets are and most older fans have taken to the CM Punk mentality and won't care for them. Their backstage segments might be funny, but it'll just be a waste of time in the end.

I also fear WWE are getting back into the groove of celebrity guest hosts. Hugh Jackman and the Muppets? Who next?

Onyx

Reaction score
I'm going to get stoned on that episode of RAW.