The Last of Us Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TheJoker

Jobber
Reaction score
The single best video game ever made(imho) doesn't have a thread? F*ck me.

I'm sure I'm not the only PS3 gamer here who's played it, I myself have beaten it 3 or 4 times already, and I'd do it again gladly. It was the greatest experience I've ever had with a video game, not only does it have a great, great story deliverance despite the rather generic plot, but it also has awesome gameplay.

So let's discuss, what did you guys think of the game? Stuff like :
Joel's badass rampage on the Fireflies and the controversial ending, I honestly thought it was justified and the right thing to do, humanity wasn't worth saving at the expense of Ellie's life at that point.
What caught you off-guard the most? Was it Sarah's death at the beginning? Or something else like Sam turning and Henry taking his own life? For me it was the Sarah tragedy, I knew she wouldn't make it but the way it happened really hit me emotionally.
The dark themes that were dealt with throughout the game(cannibalism, rape, etc.). I was surprised they dealt with those themes, Naughty Dog have balls of steel and going through that one chapter in the Winter was a pretty unique experience. David definitely stole the show when it came to the villains in the game, I think he can be considered the main antagonist by some, he was the most notable one at least.

TheJoker

Jobber
Reaction score
Also, there's an apparent WWE reference in the game :yes:
S27o6py.jpg

Reactions: InnerSilence

TheJoker

Jobber
Reaction score
i've got it hardly played it though as it makes my ps3 go wild lol great game though

You should get your PS3 fixed, I'm guessing it makes loud fan noises? Don't make that ruin your experience with the game.

InnerSilence

The Artiste
Reaction score
can't play it but I saw all the cutscenes; story was great

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I've seen a let's play of the game and let's just say that the opening was just flawless. I didn't expect for Sarah to die at that stage as I thought she was going to be the girl on the cover (Ellie). But she did and I just about stopped myself from crying, and the rest of the game was just brilliant. The ending was just as good, and it begs the question. What would you do if you were Joel? I would have rescued Ellie and just adopted her, like he did.

TheJoker

Jobber
Reaction score
I've seen a let's play of the game and let's just say that the opening was just flawless. I didn't expect for Sarah to die at that stage as I thought she was going to be the girl on the cover (Ellie). But she did and I just about stopped myself from crying, and the rest of the game was just brilliant. The ending was just as good, and it begs the question. What would you do if you were Joel? I would have rescued Ellie and just adopted her, like he did.

Seeing someone play the game and actually playing it is two different things, though, sucks that you couldn't actually experience it with a PS3 cause I can honestly say that it was by far the best experience I've had with a video game ever. It's not perfect but no game is, and the few flaws are easily overshadowed by everything else.