The IT Crowd being remade for US

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
The British comedy series the 'IT Crowd' starring Richard Ayoade and Chris O'Dowd will be remade into an American version of the series starting with a pilot ordered by NBC. The people in charge of the American version will be Bill Lawrence and Neil Goldman; a TV writing team who has worked on many solid projects.. the biggest ones would be Family Guy, Scrubs and Community with Lawrence also doing work on his co-created show Cougartown as well as a couple of other minor projects in between all of those..

I'm 50/50 on this, I think it will be better than the American remade version of The Inbetweeners but definitely not as good as The Office.

4d3842b6c385a5174002384317ea9200.jpeg

http://deadline.com/2014/10/it-crowd-remake-bill-lawrence-pilot-nbc-853163/

Ovaldinho

Reaction score
I love IT Crowd, a US remake was tried before but failed, perhaps better success this time.....

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I love IT Crowd, a US remake was tried before but failed, perhaps better success this time.....

Yeah that's right, Joel McHale was definitely not a good fit for Roy, I'm glad he ended up doing Community instead, his snarky acting ability is fit more for that style than a nerd-esque character in Roy.. I wonder if Richard Ayoade will still be playing Moss like he did in that failed pilot.

Forrest OAKADA

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan on US remakes...

Most of them jus fail and become forgotten...

The Office was successful but I never really did enjoy it. One or two moments but that's all.

Tbh, I'm going to hate this

Ovaldinho

Reaction score
Yeah that's right, Joel McHale was definitely not a good fit for Roy, I'm glad he ended up doing Community instead, his snarky acting ability is fit more for that style than a nerd-esque character in Roy.. I wonder if Richard Ayoade will still be playing Moss like he did in that failed pilot.
Yeah, seeing a person with Joel's personality be Roy comes off as un-natural. Much happier he went on to be Jeff in Community instead.