The "Is X a kaiju?" Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I would define kaiju here, but the whole point of the debate is that kaiju is a hard to define term. Just Google it.

If you want to know why determining whether something is or is not a kaiju is one of the most important questions of this generation, have a look at this:

The format of the thread will be answering 'yes' or 'no' to whether something is a kaiju, with an explanation of why you think they are/aren't. And then you ask whether something else is a kaiju.

Feel free to challenge somebody's opinion on whether something is/isn't a kaiju by quoting/replying to them.

I'll start us off: Was Andre the Giant a kaiju?

MV5BMTY4OTk3ODgzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODIwODY2NDM@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,577,1000_AL_.jpg

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
No...

Kaiju is a Japanese word meaning "strange creature". In English, it has come to mean "monster" or "giant monster".

It does not nor will it ever be used in reference to a human being... nor anything else other than a large monster such as those in the Godzilla films and other comparable monster films.

End of Thread.

• Haha
Reactions: bullyballmm

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
No...

Kaiju is a Japanese word meaning "strange creature". In English, it has come to mean "monster" or "giant monster".

It does not nor will it ever be used in reference to a human being... nor anything else other than a large monster such as those in the Godzilla films and other comparable monster films.

End of Thread.
Hold up.... But what about the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man at the end of Ghostbusters?

Reactions: bullyballmm

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
No...

End of Thread.

You're no fun :(

But if we are going to be serious about this debate then - what about the term daikaiju? If you consider things like Godzilla a daikaiju, then you canconsider things like Clifford the Big Red Dog a kaiju.

Anyway, back to asking what is a kaiju:

Is @Just Kevin a kaiju?

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Is the debate around what is and isn't a kaiju, a kaiju?

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo