The Invasion in 01

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cena0685

Reaction score
If HHH, Benoit, steiner, goldberg and hbk were in it, what would you think it would have been like.

samborambo

Reaction score
For the invasion to have worked they would have needed the best of WCW ie. Ric Flair, Goldberg, Sting, Steiner and the NWO. Then the WWE would not have to of used Stone cold and Angle as deserters for the WCW/ECW team.
I always thought the Invasion story line could have worked with the talent WCW had (The above mentioned). And my dream invasion storyline would have ended with the survivor series match being..

TEAM WWF.....V.....TEAM INVASION

STONE COLD........V.....RIC FLAIR
THE ROCK...................STING
HHH...........................GOLDBERG
THE UNDERTAKER.........SCOTT HALL
KURT ANGLE................KEVIN NASH
HBK ..........................HULK HOGAN

The finally in the match had Stone cold v ric flair and Hulk Hogan, And just as it looks like team Invasion was about to win the match a face turn from Hogan (NWO to the old red and yellow Hogan) jumps on Ric Flair and win the match for WWE, leading to a great pop from the WWE crowd.

The Ripper

Reaction score
^^ that match may have actually been good

straight_edge76

if HHH was healthy during the Invasion angle i think he could have been the #1 face or heel depending on who he sided with

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Triple H and Benoit were in it you idiot......lol

Triple H tore his quad right before and didn't return until after Jericho won the Undisputed Championship. Benoit had to have reconstructive surgery on his neck during that time. I think Goldberg could have helped but since WWE was made to be the faces and WCW/ECW was heel, it might have messed things up. What they should have done is had Raw on Monday Night and make WWE appear as the faces, then on Tuesday Night, they continue Nitro and have the alliance appear as faces. That way the fans will cheer for whichever promotion they liked best.