The Intercontinental Championship

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Zach

Emma Watson ♥ ♥ ♥
Reaction score
In my opinion, it's lost all of its prestige ever since Cody dropped the title. I loved Cody Rhodes as the IC Champ and he really did make the IC title exciting and something I looked forward to watching. With Christian and Miz as champ I don't think it really has been the same. I don't look forward to any of the Miz's matches anymore because usually they are a snore fest (not the biggest Miz fan to begin with, however.) Does anyone else feel this way?

Cody has been the best IC champ in a while. Before he was champ, I didn't care about the IC Championship since Jericho had the belt around 2 or so years ago.

Anyone else feel this way?

DarksideTrin

This meal is so unfinished EA tried to publish it!
Reaction score
The mid tier belts have no luster...

Maybe it is because there are 2 world belts?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Disagree. Miz has took it and now has his own TV show which means guaranteed mic time weekly which is all guys like Miz & Cody need to keep the title prestigious. Now they just need to book him a bit better/stronger. Having him job to Ryback in 3 minutes was terrible, but only guys like Miz can bounce back from that.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Yeah, Miz jobbing to Ryback took a great toll on the title's prestige in my view... so did Big Show winning it from Cody at WM. It's OK at its current state I think, could be worse.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Leaping is right. The midcard championships have a hard time getting their prestige's higher because they are one step lower then they were years ago. Before the midcard championship was the 2nd most prestigious belt in the WWE, now it's the third which makes it look less then of what it really is. Why go after a midcard championship when you can go after the World Heavyweight championship and get named a world champion? They need to rid the World Heavyweight championship to get the midcard championships higher. I think The Miz is doing a good job though, he's defending the championship pretty good and looked good again John Cena. The only problem is the match with Ryback, he could have looked better in that match even if he did lose. I think he can recover though and he'll make the championship look like something.