The Intercontinental Championship situation

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Well, after Summerslam, I think we all know that Jeff Hardy will be Intercontinental. They started building the match up last week, and they already have a nice little mini-feud going. My question is, who will fight Hardy for the title next? Here are the three people who might get a shot, I think:

Mr. Kennedy! Mr. Kennedy has been performing fantastically, and has made good showing in almost all of his current matches. Kennedy v.s. Super Crazy, Kennedy v.s. Hardy, and Kennedy & Booker v.s. Hardy and Lashley. All great matches has participated in. He has proven himself, and from the looks of it, he is not getting a WWE championship push, anytime soon. So the Intercontinental looks bright.

Carlito! Carlito is already a former Intercontinental Champion, who knows what he has to do to get a shot at the title, and even win it. And that is exactly what he has been doing. The mini-program he has been working with the Sandman, has been going well, he has won his last couple of matches, and is performing to his best, as of late. The IC Championship looks like a bright possibility.

Shelton Benjamin. Yes, he has been working matches with Charlie Haas, as The World's Greatest Tag Team, but it's only a matter of time, before they split again. Cade & Murdoch are heels, and so are Benjamin & Haas, so their chances are slim. Plus, they made him runner up in that fatal four way match. Hint Hint.
Anyway, those are just the three top choices, in my perspective

straight_edge76

Overall, I agree and I think William Regal deserves another IC title Push, besides anyone is better then Santino Marella!

KenFan4life

Reaction score
I'll want Mr.Kennedy to be Intercontinental Champion. He derserves some kinda belt and he'll bring prestige to the belt.

Muzz

Reaction score
I agree with straight edge76 that Regal should be given anther IC Title he's a good experiences wrestler. It was be good to see Kennedy with the title.

phantomgerald

I don't think it should be Kennedy.he can be a main eventer and giving him the intercontinental title will push him back to midcard obscurity. I can't think of any names that deserve itnow, so I think Jeff Hardy should get a good run first. I think Sandman should get the title, and sees how he performs.

tasso10

Reaction score
Ummm has there been any proof yet that he's gonna win at summerslam? But if he has, gun either Kennedy or Carlito. Sheltons involved in the tag team division at the moment.

MikeRaw

Dylan what are you on?lol...Mr.Kennedy...Yousay he wont recive a WWE championship push anytime soon but he already has...He's not THE champion but guys like HBK,HHH,Lashley,Cena and others,when they lose the belt they dont automatically go back to C title level....Kennedy was in that level two years ago but now hes become one of th e biggest draws for the compan and is a main eventer now,not a mid carder...Just ebcause he's not in a WWE Title feud,doesnt mean hes not a mian eventer...So he will probably just stay in high card feuds for a while like 5th out of 6th match area or something until it finally allows him to get the WWE title after some other.....After all he was supposed to win it a few months ago....Anyways Id like to see Carlito win it and have him feud with Lshley/Hardy for it....

Tom_RIP

Reaction score
Speaking about Santino from earlier. I hate him after I found out he wasn't Italian, Plus he can't wrestle and wasted his "big push".

Choose Slack

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if they keep the belt on Umaga after Summer Slam, but I also think Jeff will take the title off of him myself sooner or later.

Kennedy should NOT be main eventing right now in his career. I don't care what anyone says. I'm not saying he should NEVER main event, but he needs time to build himself up in the midcard. Give him a long reign as IC champion (like they did with Orton), then KEEP him heel (unlike Orton's horrible face turn), and throw him against whoever is World Champ at Summer Slam next year (probably Trips, but who knows anymore considering the injury bugs going around latelty).

samborambo

Reaction score
The WWE has a chance to re-establish the IC belt to it's former glory, If it is booked right. I believe Umaga will retain at summerslam, But there is good competition for the belt (Jeff, Shelton, Carlito, Regal, Sandman) If they are all booked well there could be some interesting matches there. As for Mr. Kennedy I would rather Keep him nearer the main event. Working with Orton against Cena,and HHH.

straight_edge76

I actually think Umaga will retain at Summer Slam and Drop the Belto to Carlito, Jeff Hardy or Possibly Regal or Sandman and Survivor Series or No Mercy

The Godfather

Reaction score
I actually think Umaga will retain at Summer Slam and Drop the Belto to Carlito, Jeff Hardy or Possibly Regal or Sandman and Survivor Series or No Mercy

Now Regal as IC champ sounds like a hell of an idea. I loved when he held the T.V. title in WCW and would win mostly on technicalities, like for instance he would get his shoulders pinned for a three-count, but he would retain because they would go over the 10 minute time limit allotted to T.V. title matches. That same scenario wouldn't work with the IC title, but that's the direction I'd like to see them go with Regal if he were to win the belt.

Reaction score
Lots of possibilities here. Heres how I see it-

Give Hardy the title as SS, maybe have him fend off Umaga on one more PPV just to put Umaga away. From there, I'd personally really dig a feud between Kennedy and Hardy. I'd say in the long run that Kennedy gets the title because of his youth. Plus, its a feud with an estblished veteran that can really take his career to the next level. Its the kind of feud that should span 4-5 maybe even 6 PPV's.

straight_edge76

^^ "Youth" umm Jeff Hardy isn't exactly a seasoned veteran in singles wrestling. He defintely isn't in the IC division either.

Reaction score
^^ "Youth" umm Jeff Hardy isn't exactly a seasoned veteran in singles wrestling. He defintely isn't in the IC division either.

...Yes, Kennedy is a young talent, hence the term "youth".

And, any title push Hardy is going to get will be in the IC division. The only thing Vince would do with Hardy in the WWE title division would use him to put guys over at this point which is fine. I just meant that any title shot Hardy will come as the IC title.