The Hive

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
WWE Studios and Troika Pictures, LLC today announced they will co-produce and co-finance the upcoming thriller, The Hive, starring Halle Berry and Abigail Breslin.

The thriller, to be directed by Brad Anderson (The Machinist, Transsiberian), was written by Rich D’Ovidio (Exit Wounds, Thir13en Ghosts) and based upon a story by Rich D’Ovidio, Nicole D’Ovidio and Jon Bokencamp.

Emergency Call Center Operator Jordan (Berry) takes a call from Casey (Breslin) a teenage girl who has been abducted and carried away in the trunk of a car. The kidnapping plays out in real time as Jordan and Casey work together to track down the killer in this high stakes thriller.

The Hive is being produced by Troika’s Michael Helfant, Robert Stein and Bradley Gallo, WWE Studios’ Michael Luisi and Jeff Graup. William Gallo, Philip M. Cohen and Chip Rosenbloom are executive producers.

“'The Hive' is an ideal addition to WWE Studios’ slate of films given its strong award-winning cast and exciting story,†said WWE Studios president Michael Luisi. “We are looking forward to working with Brad Anderson and Troika Pictures on this picture.â€

â€We are very excited to partner with WWE Studios on this production,†added Stein and Helfant. “WWE has a passionate fan base and incredible marketing muscle. We look forward to working with Michael and his entire team.â€

Principal photography is scheduled to commence on July 6 in and around Los Angeles.

Takes me back to 2002-2004 where everyone was huge on communications movies. Pretty good cast but I'm wondering who will play the in between I mean if Haley is in a call center and Breslin is in a trunk someone has to be physcially chasing down the bad guy right? Will it be a wrestler or has WWE finally learned a wrestler in every movie isn't necessary?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
This does sound like one of the better ones decent cast and a credible director. Not sure if the script sounds the best. May work best as a nuts and bolts B-movie.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Title doesn't really match the storyline.