The FWA 2023 Awards Thread!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SupineSnake

FREE PALESTINE
Reaction score
promo of the year gotta be weaselperson cc

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Couple days late to the party, but here's a look at some of my favorite promos from the last year. I'll start with some of my favotrites involving Tommy for your consideration.

1. The Monster Inside Me: BiB vs. Shawn Summers
2. Batman: Dark Knight, Dark City: 18th Anniversary Show vs. XYZ (X-Title Defense)
3. Witchy Women: Fallout 32 vs. The Coven
4. The Siege on X-Island: Lights Out vs. XYZ (X-Title Defense)
5. When Life Meets Death: Meltdown 33 vs. Bryan Baxter
6. Tombstone: Meltdown 34 vs. Eternal (w/ Chris Crowe)

Here are some of my favorites written by other handlers. This certainly won't cover everything. The level of quality writing in this fed continues to amaze me.

Jeremy Best @ Back in Business
Krash @ Back in Business
Alyster Black @ Lights Out
Chris Peacock @ Back in Business
Bryan Baxter @ Fallout 32
Kleio De Santos @ 18th Anniversary Show
Chris Crowe @ 18th Anniversary Show
Trixie Bordeaux @ 18th Anniversary Show
Chris Peacock @ 18th Anniversary Show
Alyster Black @ 18th Anniversary Show
Jackson Fenix @ 18th Anniversary Show
Chris Peaock @ Lights Out
Bryan Baxter @ Lights Out
Jackson Fenix @ Lights Out
MvW @ Lights Out
Violet @ Lights Out
Jay Kenny @ Lights Out
Xavien Marshall @ Lights Out
Xavien Marshall @ Fallout 34
Tr1ck or Tr4ash @ Meltdown 35
Death Walker @ Meltdown 35
Dark Roads Alliance @ Meltdown 35
Xavien Marshall/Jay Kenny @ Meltdown 35
Xavien Marshall @ Meltdown 36
Konchu Hao @ Meltdown 36
Buddy System @ Meltdown 36
Bryan Baxter @ Winter Wasteland
Jeremy Best @ Winter Wasteland

I know there's more that I really enjoyed this year that I've left off this. If you're upset that I didn't mention one of your promos, blame Gip.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Couple days late to the party, but here's a look at some of my favorite promos from the last year. I'll start with some of my favotrites involving Tommy for your consideration.

1. The Monster Inside Me: BiB vs. Shawn Summers
2. Batman: Dark Knight, Dark City: 18th Anniversary Show vs. XYZ (X-Title Defense)
3. Witchy Women: Fallout 32 vs. The Coven
4. The Siege on X-Island: Lights Out vs. XYZ (X-Title Defense)
5. When Life Meets Death: Meltdown 33 vs. Bryan Baxter
6. Tombstone: Meltdown 34 vs. Eternal (w/ Chris Crowe)

Here are some of my favorites written by other handlers. This certainly won't cover everything. The level of quality writing in this fed continues to amaze me.

Jeremy Best @ Back in Business
Krash @ Back in Business
Chris Peacock @ Back in Business
Bryan Baxter @ Fallout 32
Kleio De Santos @ 18th Anniversary Show
Chris Crowe @ 18th Anniversary Show
Trixie Bordeaux @ 18th Anniversary Show
Jackson Fenix @ 18th Anniversary Show
Chris Peaock @ Lights Out
Bryan Baxter @ Lights Out
Jackson Fenix @ Lights Out
MvW @ Lights Out
Violet @ Lights Out
Jay Kenny @ Lights Out
Xavien Marshall @ Lights Out
Tr1ck or Tr4ash @ Meltdown 35
Death Walker @ Meltdown 35
Dark Roads Alliance @ Meltdown 35
Xavien Marshall/Jay Kenny @ Meltdown 35
Xavien Marshall @ Meltdown 36
Konchu Hao @ Meltdown 36
Buddy System @ Meltdown 36
Bryan Baxter @ Winter Wasteland

I know there's more that I really enjoyed this year that I've left off this. If you're upset that I didn't mention one of your promos, blame Gip.
I thought you liked the fuck Reagan Cole promo :(

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
I thought you liked the fuck Reagan Cole promo :(
That one doesn't need me to steer people to it. We've all read it, some of us twice, and it's the POTY favorite. I'm helping people pick what they vote for as second best.

Tig

Reaction score
I haven't been super active this year but figured I'd put forward two of my promos for consideration.

Myself
Danny Toner vs Chris Peacock @ Fallout 028 - "Shadow Hide You"
The layered FWA history of Danny Toner and Chris Peacock is told in the fantasy setting of Skyrim. Danny The Dodger, an Imperial thief, catches Coin Purse Chris, a fellow Imperial, stealing his Lemin Gauntlets but upon the realisation that Chris is a fellow F Warrior (the select few in the universe that are born on a starless night and are blessed by The Five Gods), Danny takes Chris under his wing and trains him to be a thief, teaching him the way of The Shadow Marks and eventually bringing him to join The Thieves Guild... which they find to be in a state of disarray due to some notable losses of loot - Danny and Lastarian losing the Shield of Duality to Siemprian and The Bard being the prime prize lost - and the presence of a champion fighter known as The Exile causing havoc for The Guild. The Guild concoct a plan to retrieve The Cowl of Nocturnal, an artefact that would give the wearer and The Guild nearly immeasurable power, and while ultimately successful there is still one problem... there can only be one master thief.

Jay Kenny in the Gunfight Battle Royal @ Lights Out - "12 Angry Men"
Set nearly entirely in the deliberation room of a courthouse, 12 unnamed jurors each representative of a man in the Gunfight Battle Royal, verbally go back and forth while trying to determine whether a rough-and-tumble cowboy accused of murdering a rich man wearing two expensive pieces of jewellery at the biggest festival in the country. In what is seemingly an open-and-shut case, a charismatic young juror slowly turns the other men to his way of thinking - his biggest resistance coming in the form of a young, street-raised, Englishman who sticks to his guns despite the turning tide. An exploration of personalities, prejudices and stereotypes with a look at how words can be the most powerful and moving things humans have at their disposal.

Other Promos I Seriously Enjoyed Not Done By Myself
Weaselperson @ Carnal Contendership
Alyster Black @ Carnal Contendership
Cyrus Truth @ BIB
Chris Peacock @ BIB
Jeremy Best @ BIB
Krash @ BIB
Jeremy Best @ Back In Town
Chris Peacock @ Back In Town
Caesar @ KODM
Jeffrey Mason @ KODM
Crowe & Ramon @ Buddy Bowl
Mason & Bedlam @ Buddy Bowl
Crowe & Bedlam - Tombstone Promo - cant find show?
MvH @ The Grand March
The Connection @ Meltdown XXIX - "Glass Family Vibes"
MvH @ BIB
Xavien Marshall @ Fallout 36
Chris Crowe @ Lights Out

Reactions: Jimmy King

The Golden One

Reaction score
I'll submit my nominations but as for promo, this was the best promo I wrote in 2023. It was also the climactic promo I wrote for Golden.

"I mean it when I say 'Siempre'"

This was vs. Aly Black for the World title. It's the conclusion to Golden's "solipsism" arc. I wrote it thinking I'd likely lose and be done (Golden's career was on the line). Then I won. Anyways, I'm proud of it.

Last edited:

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Jay Kenny in the Gunfight Battle Royal @ Lights Out - "12 Angry Men"
Set nearly entirely in the deliberation room of a courthouse, 12 unnamed jurors each representative of a man in the Gunfight Battle Royal, verbally go back and forth while trying to determine whether a rough-and-tumble cowboy accused of murdering a rich man wearing two expensive pieces of jewellery at the biggest festival in the country. In what is seemingly an open-and-shut case, a charismatic young juror slowly turns the other men to his way of thinking - his biggest resistance coming in the form of a young, street-raised, Englishman who sticks to his guns despite the turning tide. An exploration of personalities, prejudices and stereotypes with a look at how words can be the most powerful and moving things humans have at their disposal.

Somehow forgot it, but I remember seeing the title and IMMEDIETLY marking the fuck out getting flashbacks of year one criminal law for one of the better moments of the shitshow that was COVID law school.

I honestly don't think I have anything which can touch what was already nominated. But in the spirit of the thread, I'll give a couple of nods for Katsu. I think none of them will win or even be nominated, but I guess it is some positivity and reflection.

Carnal Contendership: "Through the Dragon's Gate"

The birth of Katsu and probably was the moment I felt I was really beginning to "click" with her. I had the idea for weeks and I used my vignettes on TV to sort of lead up to it. I took the classic legend of The Dragon's Gate where koi who would climb a waterfall become reborn as a dragon and made Vampyra Katsu ascend it. But her hurdles weren't more "Oh, I have to climb this mountain" but more coming to grips with things she's guilty about. Lying to her family about wrestling, that shock with them finding out, and eventually having her finally make amends with her family and choosing to shed the mask tied to it, forced on it, and pick something she believes in. 4th place, ending up behind some world title caliber handlers was a big confidence booster.

Fallout 031: Bottom of the Ninth: vs Cyrus Truth:

Maybe a minor change or two or even a judge more that loved baseball, maybe would have won, but I remember this promo fondly because I decided to go the google docs route and it opened up a lot in terms of improving presentation of a promo and I ended up showing Katu's final family member off, having a wholesome exchange along with telling a story of Katsu wanting to rise up against pressure, using possibly one of the greatest moments in baseball history in the past decade, to tell it. Ohtani who Katsu is probably a huge-ass fangirl of, bottom of the ninth, going against his Angels teammate. Someone regarded as the best player in baseball in Trout against the new face. Or in this case, a Legend (Cyrus) against someone hoping to be next in Katsu. Had fun with writing it and enjoyed Cyrus' promo against me.

18th Anniversary: Locked In

First world title match, apart from me changing something last minute and it resulted in some typos early on, was very happy with the effort. A grand idea and I did some more things with Google docs and I think there I managed to make it all work. Obviously lost, finishing third, but I think I'm happy with it since it was just before my 1 year anniversary in the fed and looking at my first couple promos and then, I was happy with my improvement.

Here's hoping once I'm ready to come back, I can keep it going and maybe try to reach the lofty standards I've been seeing from you guys.

Other promos I remember fondly, both promos in the Night One Back in Business Main event. Chris Peacock's promo which won him the world title against Golden, going full Zombie. Then Trixie against MvH (Meltdown 31 I think) just because it was a moment I realized "Shit, Welsh is getting damn good," and Sully's TV title contender promo in which KDS went through multiple different TV shows which resulted in me nearly pissing myself laughing at a Ramsey impression.

Edit: Also Cyrus Truth's promo from BIB. Might not have won, but it was a flashback for me and was pure RAW emotion.

Reactions: Jimmy King

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score

THE 2023 FWA AWARDS
BALLOT

The nominations period is now over. In total, 11 sets of nominations were received, and a big thanks to those who sent in votes for each of the categories;

AON, Beavie, Dubb, Jimmy, Man, OMB, Rawr, SS, Tig, Tommy and Welshy,

Below is the final ballot for each of the award categories. For each of the categories, I have endeavoured to keep the number of eligible nominations to five, but where there are ties in the number of nominations causing the number to increase, these have also been included on the final ballot to the extent that the ties do not increase the number of eligible nominees above seven. In this instance, all tied entries have not made it onto the final ballot.

For each category, please vote for your WINNER and RUNNER-UP and please send these to me by 5 January 2024. The entry with the most votes in each category will win the award, and any ties will be broken by the number of runner-up votes received. In the event that two or more entries are tied on both winner and runner-up votes, then the award will be shared. Please also be reminded that self voting will not be counted.

Therefore, without further adieu, your nominees for the 2023 FWA Awards;

BEST PROMO

CHRIS PEACOCK - "DANCE 'TIL YOU'RE DEAD" - MAN
vs. Devin Golden @ Back in Town

CHRIS PEACOCK - "ACCEPTANCE" - MAN
vs. Cyrus Truth @ Back in Business

DEVIN GOLDEN - "UNTIL THE VERY LAST WORD" - TGO
vs. Alyster Black @ Fallout 025

JEREMY BEST - "JEREMY & KRASH" - DUBB
vs. Krash @ Back in Business

KRASH - "PARA / SOCIAL / SITE" -JAZZ WOLF
vs. Jeremy Best @ Back in Business

SHAWN SUMMERS - "WAR ZONE" - CBK
vs. Trixie Bordeaux @ Fallout 025

Also Nominated:
Alyster Black @ Carnal Contendership, Chris Peacock @ Anniversary Show, Danny Toner @ Fallout 028, Caesar @ King of the DeathmatchMichelle von Horrowitz @ Back in Business, Tommy Bedlam @ Back in Business, weaselperson @ Carnal Contendership, weaselperson @ Fallout 031

BEST CHARACTER

ALYSTER BLACK - RAWR
CHRIS PEACOCK - MAN
JACKSON FENIX - JIMMY
JEREMY BEST - DUBB
SHAWN SUMMERS - CBK

Also Nominated:
Bryan Baxter, Cyrus Truth, Konchu Hao, weaselperson, Xperienx Xtacee

BEST TAG TEAM

DARK ROADS ALLIANCE - CYRUS
FTN - MAN & RAWR
NECESSARY EVIL - DUSTIN & GIPPER
THE BUDDY SYSTEM - DUBB
THE CONNECTION - JAM & SS
THE UNDISPUTED ALLIANCE - JIMMY

BEST GROUP

ETERNAL - AON, BEAVIE & NOSTRADAMUS
THE COVEN - SULLY & WELSHY
THE FRIENDSHIP WRESTLING ALLIANCE - DUBB
THE NEPHEWS - JAM, JON & SS
THE UNDISPUTED XPERIENX - JIMMY & NOSTRADAMUS

Also Nominated:
The FTN Family, The Menage, YOKAI Death Squad

MOST IMPROVED

BLAINE
CAKE
DEATH WALKER
JIMMY KING
TOMMY
WELSHY

Also Nominated:
Gipper, Nostradamus

BEST MATCH

DEVIN GOLDEN vs ALYSTER BLACK @ FALLOUT 025 - TGO
THE 2023 CARNAL CONTENDERSHIP MATCH @ CARNAL CONTENDERSHIP - MAN
JACKSON FENIX vs JEREMY BEST @ MELTDOWN XXIX - DUBB
JEREMY BEST vs KRASH @ BACK IN BUSINESS - DUBB
SHAWN SUMMERS vs TOMMY BEDLAM @ BACK IN BUSINESS - CBK & TOMMY
CHRIS PEACOCK vs ALYSTER BLACK @ LIGHTS OUT - MAN

Also Nominated:
Chris Peacock vs Devin Golden @ Back in Town, Chris Peacock vs Cyrus Truth vs Michelle von Horrowitz @ The Grand March, Michelle von Horrowitz vs Jon Snowmantashi @ Back in Business, Chris Peacock vs Cyrus Truth @ Back in Business

BEST FEUD

CHRIS PEACOCK vs CYRUS TRUTH/FTN vs DARK ROADS ALLIANCE - CYRUS, MAN & RAWR
JEREMY BEST vs KRASH - DUBB & JAZZ WOLF
NECESSARY EVIL vs TRIXIE BORDEAUX - DUSTIN, GIPPER & WELSHY
SHAWN SUMMERS vs TOMMY BEDLAM - CBK & TOMMY

Also Nominated:
Alyster Black vs Jeremy Best, Bryan Baxter vs Chris Crowe, Cyrus Truth vs The Nephews, Jason Randall vs Sawyer Xavier

BEST STORYLINE/ANGLE

CHRIS PEACOCK AND ALYSTER BLACK BECOME BEST FRIENDS AND THEN BREAK EACH OTHER'S HEARTS - MAN & RAWR
DEVIN GOLDEN'S FAREWELL TO THE FWA - TGO
JACKSON FENIX BECOMES A GOOD GUY - JIMMY
KRASH IS HELD CAPTIVE BY JEREMY BEST AND MENTAL HEALTH STRUGGLES - DUBB & JAZZ WOLF
LIZZIE ROSE JOINS ETERNAL - AON, BEAVIE & NOSTRADAMUS
TRIXIE BORDEAUX JOINS THE COVEN - SULLY & WELSHY
SHAWN SUMMERS TORMENTS TOMMY BEDLAM AND HIS UNBORN CHILD - CBK & TOMMY

Also Nominated:
Allen Price's neck injury and ranting from his wheelchair, Bryan Baxter becomes Big Bryan Bastard, Chris Peacock enters the Golden Opportunity Match as the World Champion, FTN rids the FWA of the Nephews, Jeremy Best presents the Buddy Bowl

BEST SHOW

THE 2023 KING OF THE DEATHMATCH
CARNAL CONTENDERSHIP
BACK IN BUSINESS XVII
LIGHTS OUT

Also Nominated:
Back in Town, The Grand March, Meltdown XXIX, Fallout 035

BEST TITLE REIGN

BRYAN BAXTER - FWA NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP - DUBB
CHRIS PEACOCK - FWA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP - MAN
FTN - FWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS - MAN & RAWR
SHAWN SUMMERS - FWA X CHAMPIONSHIP & FWA TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIPS - CBK
THE COVEN- FWA TRIOS CHAMPIONSHIPS - SULLY & WELSHY
THE CONNECTION - FWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS - JAM & SS
TOMMY BEDLAM - FWA X CHAMPIONSHIP - TOMMY

OMG! AWARD

FTN ARRIVES AT BACK IN BUSINESS ON A CUM TRUCK - MAN & RAWR
KRASH RETURNS FROM THE DEAD AND JEREMY BEST'S MOTIVES ARE REVEALED @ BACK IN TOWN - DUBB & JAZZ WOLF
RANDY RAMON RETURNS FROM THE DEAD AND LAYS OUT CHRIS PEACOCK @ BACK IN BUSINESS - SHAWN

Also Nominated:
Alyster Black and Chris Peacock take a fall inside Steel Roulette, Chris Crowe returns at Back in Business, Cyrus Truth wins Carnal Contendership for a second time, Danny Toner enters KODM, Krash breaks from his trance, Michelle von Horrowitz gets merked by Jon Snowmantashi at Back in Business, Reagan Cole saves Jeffry Mason at KODM, Shawn Summers appears at KODM's conclusion, Shawn Summers retires, Tommy Bedlam gets revenge on Shawn Summers, Trixie Bordeaux wins a title

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

BEAVIE
CAP
DEATH WALKER
NOSTRADAMUS
WELSHY
WILLIS

RETURN OF THE YEAR

CHRIS CROWE - BATTLETANK
GABRIELLE - ETE
KRASH - JAZZ WOLF
JEFFRY MASON - DUSTIN
RANDY RAMON - SHAWN

Also Nominated:
Alyster Black, Ashley O'Ryan

NON-MOD CONTRIBUTOR

AON
BEAVIE
CBK
GIPPER
JAZZ WOLF
SULLY

Also Nominated:
Oz, TGO, Tig

MOST HANDSOME MOD

DUBB
JIMMY
MAN
SS
TOMMY

Also Nominated:
Tig

Best of luck to all of the nominees!

SupineSnake

FREE PALESTINE
Reaction score
weaselperson's CC promo not nominated is mind boggling to me

Tig

Reaction score
weaselperson's CC promo not nominated is mind boggling to me
It was nommed dude!!

most baffling non nom for me was the connection glass family vibes I think. Thought that was gonna be a lock so didn’t put it forward. Tried to spread love somewhat to one’s I thought wouldn’t really get in! Didn’t work lul

Last edited:

SupineSnake

FREE PALESTINE
Reaction score
It was nommed dude!!

most baffling non nom for me was the connection glass family vibes I think. Thought that was gonna be a lock so didn’t put it forward. Tried to spread love somewhat to one’s I thought wouldn’t really get in! Didn’t work lul

I meant not making the short list - is a shame, that was the most ambitious and creative promo I ever did see. Still a great list of promos ofc.

Reactions: The ScapeDubb