Promos The First Defense: 2 Hours Before Garden of Eden

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Patriot Pants

LDW Champion (855+ days)
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
"Anyone who has a continuous smile on his face conceals a toughness that is almost frightening." - Greta Garbo
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Opening the vignette shows an empty Madison Square Garden arena. The set seemingly finished as the stage, ring, ramp, and barricades are professionally placed in their positions. The only form of life is a long figure standing in the ring. As the shot gets closer to show the side of the apron:

_44FLuPT_Q-tcNk-pfFL3y286tXrIg0JfwLfYktmqDhKQOq03_0nTkeSqFbJjXA1Iz5JxrlsNTajj5ZnN1k4dkru6ipHv83nrByFtwUaQXSaJxRWvXQZcAcoBmoHPr2KqFNlQgnW

The ring shakes with force as the camera rises to show who the figure is. The freshly crowned LDW Champion … Patriot. Wearing a red UMass Wrestling hoodie, bearing the name Rhodes and 10 in white on the back of it. Black Nike shorts, and matching Nike Wrestling shoes. The sweat glistening in the arena lighting as he performs drop toe holds across the mat. Clearly brushing through his warmups and techniques before having to perform his first title defense.

He stands after performing another, quickly transitioning into a handstand and walking on his hands across the ring. Even performing a press type motion, making his nose almost touch the ground before getting out of the movement. He takes a knee and his muttering can be heard faintly as the camera gets closer. His hair and beard look trimmed and shorter than his last appearance on Prime Time. A little more professional.

Patriot: This is it. You've been in this position before. Never in a match like this … but you've been working your ass off for it. You're the champion. Their champion. They're counting on you to shut him up and prove you're not a paper champion!

He slams a hand on the mat.

Patriot: You're who the fans trust! You're not wrestling just for you. You're wrestling for them.

Patriot stands up, wiping the sweat off his brow before assuming his normal stance and attempting the motions for a German suplex. Muttering the steps each time he takes them.

???: DON'T CHOKE!

The voice echoes throughout the arena, causing the in focus champion to stutter and throw off his motion. He turns and the camera follows to show the lovely Riley Rhodes leaning on the apron. Her outfit a matching UMass Wrestling hoodie, black leggings, and Red Converse High Tops. Her hair done up in a ponytail.

Patriot: That advice or what?

The two smile at each other as the one kick wonder works her way to stand on the apron.

Riley: More just playful banter. Try to loosen you up before … you enter Eden's playground.

She sighs and looks her husband up and down. Noticing that his hands are shaking. She rests her arms on the ropes.

Riley: Alright. Be honest with me. You nervous?

The reigning champion sighs himself and looks down. A slight chuckle escaping him.

Patriot: Honestly? Terrified. I've never done a match like this … not to mention the first defense sets the tone of the reign. I lose here and …

Riley: You're not gonna lose!

She can be seen jumping onto the second rope as she yells her words. Causing him to look up at her.

Riley: You're the guy who always has confidence going into horrible situations! Always looking at the bright side of the situation. I don't think I've ever seen you without a smile going into a match until now. Shit, I'm the one who's supposed to be a nervous wreck before a big match. You're the rock in this pairing.

Patriot walks closer to her.

Patriot: I know. I know. I'm sorry. It's just the pressure is different this time. Watching tape of the only Garden of Eden match has … well .. I guess it's just getting to me.

Riley: Don't let it. You're the toughest guy I know. If anyone can defend their title in a match like that AND survive, it's you.

She leans over the ropes and grabs his head, planting a kiss on his forehead. He responds by giving her a hug and kissing her back. They pull apart.

Riley: Besides, you could always have me on ringside ya big lug.

He smiles.

Patriot: I need to prove I can do it myself Ri. No more help in these matches … and no offense but last time you managed me, it turned into a slug fest between you and Thumbtack Jack.

Riley rolls her eyes and speaks under breath

Riley: He started it…

Patriot: And I had to end it.

The two laugh as the nervousness on the champ fades away as he talks with his partner.

Riley: Well you better end this feud too. Otherwise you're sleeping on the couch champ.

She follows up with a playful tap to his nose causing him to smirk.

Patriot: Ma'am yes ma'am. Now help me out with finishing my warm ups huh? I have a point to make.

On cue Riley hops in the ring, showing off the back of her hoodie. Valentine, number 9. The two are then seen going through the motions of a lockup, wrist lock, and hip lock as the shot fades out.

Last edited: