The Federation Years ▪ RAW is WAR ▪ Mar 17, 1997 ▪

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

DTP

Reaction score
galbc3B.png
4FaHCXu.png
QE1Fw2X.png
Os9pwVw.png
E5mSIgn.png
NfFdCCh.png
pkWQgp3.png
zkiUNNf.png
phsuxJl.png
CoDUbkn.png
iZMkYq2.png

SglLXdP.png
293qaqr.png
cK742HP.png
6SpG3O6.png
ZpmdWOv.png
5TnmSPt.png
yVjTjwT.png
eeOKAV9.png
Q0s5UPa.png
pvowKdV.png

Reactions: Stojy

DTP

Reaction score
PKFlGZi.png
R2CxkPV.png
qgPm2Jk.png
axygCAb.png

ezW85Ec.png
OFekbeD.png
0ymdh9y.png
87Em9AT.png
dTtjDMF.png
C7YoVAs.png
LjYnagI.png
YvlzOPK.png
OVf8isW.png
XoQFAQT.png
z1VxYOM.png
kFB9oYT.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Stojy

Stojy

Reaction score
Shotgun…

Disappointed Shotgun isn’t from a techno club in Berlin, tbh.

Holly and James haven’t hit me as a team that are worthy yet, so it struck me as a little odd to see them beating the Can Am Express. I get it though if you’re leaning towards Holly and James being a thing, especially since Furnas and LaFon have already had their shot. Booking is okay in that regard, but plenty to be done to make Holly/James a relevant/interesting team.

Solid response from Faarooq to accept the challenge for Mania. He put down the opposition well. Intrigued to see what the condition is. Please don’t have Ahmed join the nation. I get the feeling Rocky might at Mania though. Either way, this was a solid enough promo.

Hart winning over Shiek is a fine main event, especially with the ovation he’d most likely receive in Germany.

Sad to see Shotgun become more of a recap show now, but with Raw becoming two hours, it makes sense…

Superstars…

I’m torn on the opener. Good match and I’m happy for Flash to be booked as a credible midcarder because Scoprio is awesome. I do have to just say in general, the booking of Billy Gunn for me has been disappointing. I guess this was all he was ever meant to be in here, but once you first unearthed the black hat, it seemed like he could be a really cool character. Unfortunately hasn’t panned out that way, and he’s seemingly just a glorified jobber.

Enjoyed the promo from Mero here to hype his confrontation with Mr. Perfect. Good recap to remind us of all the crap Mero has been put through. No wonder he’s had a personality change as of late. Good stuff.

ECW hype yay. I dare you to write Barely Legal in full with a fully-fledged Jerry Lawler invasion.

I’m all for the Mike Awesome hype too. You’re booking him really well so far.

Vader and Mankind squash to finish up is fine, and the dynamic they’ve got as a team is interesting though. Feel like an awkward match up for tag champs though in terms of fan alignment and what not though.

I guess these are both going to be more recap shows moving forward. I’m happy to be up to date so hopefully I’m in position to give some more in depth thoughts on a future addition of Raw.

Will say that I’m glad we’re getting the Michaels/Hart rematch we should have got, and the Austin/Shamrock stuff has been awesome so far.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
bambambigelow
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero2
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
ebJCdBL
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Not a full review but just wanted to chime in with some quick thoughts as you're nearing 'Mania 13. First off, love following the planning direction of HBK/Bret and the ladder stip is an excellent way to not only deviate from where they were going IRL but also just a completely different match stylistically from the previous Iron Man.

Crowning Owen the inaugural Euro champion is a curious move, but an interesting one and I'm intrigued to see if we get a legitimate breakup of the team or if you're considering your own version of The Hart Foundation faction.

You're definitely a workhorse pumping out these Raws, Superstars and Shotguns on a consistent basis, so big kudos to you for that.

Mike Awesome is a really good get for this period and he's always been a favorite of mine so I hope he gets a specific direction once 'Mania season is over.

Not a big part of the diary but digging that you've kept the luchadores past the Rumble. Signing away Juvi was also a very good acquisition.

Perhaps my only negative is the Ahmed/Faarooq angle, which isn't really anything you've done I just was hoping for something more different than us still ending up with Ahmed & partners vs The Nation at WrestleMania.

Keeping Mr. Perfect around as Helmsley's second and continuing the Mero as well as Goldust feuds is probably my highlight of your diary. I'm quite excited to see what you have in store for the first 3-way. I forget how they booked that first ever triple threat in 1997, but I remember the 1998 one with Rock, X-Pac and HHH and it was kind of hilarious to see how WWF had zero idea how to manage 3 wrestlers in the ring at once. So hoping there's some quirkiness to the write-up and not just straight to the "two in, one on the floor" formula they figured out.

Keep up the excellent work, though, I'm pumped for what you have in store for WrestleMania and beyond.