The FBI Is Struggling to Hire Hackers Who Don't Smoke Weed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
The FBI has a problem. The agency needs to hire hackers to build out its cyber crime division, but it also will not hire anyone who's smoked weed in the past three years. And guess what? A lot of hackers like to smoke weed.

It's a real conundrum. However, it's a conundrum the FBI is working through. On Monday—the same day the agency made headlines by issuing wanted posters for Chinese Army hackers—FBI director James Comey told an audience at the White Collar Crime Institute about this little pot problem. "I have to hire a great work force to compete with those cyber criminals, and some of those kids want to smoke weed on the way to the interview," Comey said. Exactly how to do that is the hard part. Comey added that the agency is "grappling with the question right now."

So does this mean the FBI is looking to hire stoners? No, probably not. It does look like our friends in federal law enforcement are warming up to the idea of hiring people that like to take part in a fun activity that's legal in two states and practically legal in many more, though. In fact, Comey even told a member of the audience that his friend "should go ahead and apply," even if he's worried about the policy. And so can you. [WSJ]

http://gizmodo.com/the-fbi-is-struggling-to-hire-hackers-who-dont-smoke-we-1579183208

:dawg:

Reactions: DK JAMES

Solid Snake

The problem is, most (NOT ALL) hackers spend A LOT of time on computers, cell phones, tablets, ect.
From what I have understood, you know, just being around people who have/do it... Pot increases concentration and decreases boredom.
So in some cases it makes sense. I knew a guy that was a few years younger then me... He knew how to take apart computers, rebuild them, hack systems, mod things, the works... He smoked A LOT of weed. He was a very smart dude though... well, didn't make good choices a few years ago though. But yeah... Good luck to them finding someone like that.

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
lmaooo that's great. FBI=Fat Blunt Investigation.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Marijuana is dangerous and addicting. They should round up these degenerate scumbags and throw them into active volcanoes.

Reactions: seabs

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
The problem is, most (NOT ALL) hackers spend A LOT of time on computers, cell phones, tablets, ect.
From what I have understood, you know, just being around people who have/do it... Pot increases concentration and decreases boredom.
So in some cases it makes sense. I knew a guy that was a few years younger then me... He knew how to take apart computers, rebuild them, hack systems, mod things, the works... He smoked A LOT of weed. He was a very smart dude though... well, didn't make good choices a few years ago though. But yeah... Good luck to them finding someone like that.

Hackers wont be bored being on a computer all the time, if anything, quite the opposite.

I think it's more the fact that hackers for the most part are more of a "dont give a shit about the consequences" people, hence their activities, so don't care about smoking/drinking/doing drugs

Solid Snake

Hackers wont be bored being on a computer all the time, if anything, quite the opposite.

I think it's more the fact that hackers for the most part are more of a "dont give a shit about the consequences" people, hence their activities, so don't care about smoking/drinking/doing drugs

I meant it as the younger hackers. The few people I have known growing up that were heavily into computers smoked weed. I am sure this isn't the case with everyone young but just from what I witnessed. I see your point though.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
I meant it as the younger hackers. The few people I have known growing up that were heavily into computers smoked weed. I am sure this isn't the case with everyone young but just from what I witnessed. I see your point though.

What difference does age make? :dawg:

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I don't think they smoked weed to focus or fight boredom.