The Dreaded "N Word"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Now I want to keep this as civilized as possible.

Pretty simple thread, what are your thoughts/feelings on the N word?

Me, I use to be real sensitive on the matter. I hated being called it. Hated saying it. Then it came to the point where if you weren't black, you couldn't say it. That didn't last too long. But as many of you know or can tell, it doesn't bother me now. I think it's funny/ridiculous how some people act about it.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Some people say it as a joke, but there are still tons of thousands of people who find it offensive. Now the ones who were around during the time when racism was big, I can understand them not liking it. The people today who were raised not to use the word, I can understand them not liking it. People who don't use the word at all, I can understand. But when a white person says it to a white guy, what's one of the 1st things they say? When they insult them, they call them it. And then get mad at me cause I'm laughing at "a serious situation".

But I agree, it's not as harmful as it use to be. Most the people who get pissy about it now don't even do it cause it's a racial slur. It's just because they are under the impression that only blacks can use it.

Mister J

Reaction score
N-i-g-g-e-r means stupid person. It can be used as an insult for any race.

Lubay

Reaction score
I do personally find humor in the word, but then again I do come from a really racist family. I have never really targeted it at anyone to put them down. It has lost some of it's impact, but if I were black and some racist white guy came up to me calling me "The N word" I'd probably get really pissed about it too.

...god...

Reaction score
One of the most laughable fallacies of our society. Being offended by this word is proof to me, personally, that you are intellectual inferior and devoid of rationale. It means you find a WORD offensive (you should never find one word offensive), a word you were never even fucking alive to witness the prolonged and 'political' uses for, a word that has never had an ill-bearing on you and is simply used to get a rise out of you (and it works). Your "ancestors" felt the effects of this word? So fucking what, firstly, I doubt most of the Blue blacks who claim this even know the names of their so called slave ancestors, and more importantly how the FUCK did this effect you when you didn't even know said ancestors since you weren't alive to? You know why most adopted children don't care much about seeing their real parents or have feelings for them? Because they never KNEW them, there's no attachment, there's no offensive procedures or obstacles in play. The people who get offended by this word are a bunch of drama-enticed, socially repressed, insignificant life living tools. They should all die. Hope that answered your question.

Italian Outsider

Reaction score
Pretty simple. I hate political correctness; being the word nigger a clear example of how hypocrite, Blue and double-standardized political correctness is, I abuse of it in every possible occasion.
This and every other word censored to over-proctect certain minorities. I'm quite annoyed I have to censor myself in public because I can't start arguments with pretty much any brainwshed moron who find it offensive.
I get called guido, wop,I get linked with mafia or pizza or any other Italian stereotype and I don't give a flying fuck about it, actually, nobody does. Then I don't see why certain ethnicities should be allowed to play the race card every time to avoid any blame.

Reaction score
... pretty much summed up my thoughts about the word.

I want a word where, when said, I can go completely bipolar and be pretty much excused from any repercussion because of my using "Historical Guilt" to get whatever I want.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I haven't read the other responses so sorry if this has been mentioned but I can't stand the fact that some black people go around calling each other 'smurf' yet flip a tit when someone of another colour says it. Let's face it, saying 'smurf' is no different than saying 'nig_er'. Making it slang doesn't change the real meaning of the word. You can't pick and choose when the word is right or wrong to say because the meaning is the same, no matter how hard you try to change the meaning into smurf = friend but nig_er = racist. If you are going to take a word you apparently find offensive and make it into a term for friends, you shouldn't turn around and bitch about it when a white dude says 'shut the fuck up, smurf'. The word was not made to reference friends and if the word is so offensive to black people, I have no idea why they would want to take a word that they cry about and try to make it a positive.

(Saying you in general, not directed at Bonez)

Reaction score
I find it funny how when I clicked on this thread being about the N word, there was an ad that was about Gang Violence in Canada, hahhaah. Hmmm.

the408kid

Reaction score
It's funny how I've noticed people using the N word much more frequently on the Internet then they do in public. Obviously they'd be called out on it or worse if they said it to a black person's face. Being an E-Thug doesn't make you a tough guy, it makes you a E-PUSSY.

the408kid

Reaction score
My thoughts on this word btw are I think it's a horrible word that's goes back to slavery in this country. If Black people wanna use it amongst themselves fine, but I would never say it.

Alex C

Reaction score
It was always interesting how black people can call each other s m u r f all the time,but when white dude tells that word,its like...SHOCKER-WHAT A RACIST!

Beer

Reaction score
I've got mixed emotions on it. If I know someone who doesn't mind it, okay, I'll use it. If I know someone who doesn't like it or a black person I don't know, no chance in a million years would I use it. This is IRL btw. On the internet, it doesn't matter. And all of you cunts can't possibly deny the fact that you act differently on the internet than in real life.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
When I was managing the bar we had this black sous-chef and he'd refer to us as honkey or wonder bread all the time. Solely for the purpose of trying to see if we'd fire back.

Eventually he got what he wanted and it was all good. To this day whenever I see Gavin out and about it's like "What's up wonder bread?" "Not too much nigger, what about you?"

And then we both laugh, especially if there are people around to hear us.