The Best and the Worst from the MCU

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dmac

Never Gonna Stop
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Sports Team
psOTgB7
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
marvel-intro-e1556625768997-700x333.jpg

So there has been a bit of a gap in Marvel movies since End Game partly while they transition into the next phase with certain characters now gone but also Covid hasn't helped. Black Widow would have already been released by now had this year not been such a shit show.

My question for you Marvel fans is which of the Movies dating back to the first Iron Man, all the way up to End Game, is your favourite. And which one disappointed you the most?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Endgame - favorite
Guardians 2 - most watched (I like to get drunk and get in my feels about Yondu, it's a tad personal for me too)
Thor 1 &2 - most disappointing
Incredible Hulk - least favorite

The reasoning on Hulk being my least favorite but not as disappointing as Thor 1 & 2 is bc I simply think Thor had much more potential where Hulk was pretty barebones to start. I also still enjoy all 3 movies tbf, HUGE MCU fan. Have seen all the movies and all the shows that are "technically" apart of it

Dmac

Never Gonna Stop
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Sports Team
psOTgB7
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Endgame - favorite
Guardians 2 - most watched (I like to get drunk and get in my feels about Yondu, it's a tad personal for me too)
Thor 1 &2 - most disappointing
Incredible Hulk - least favorite

The reasoning on Hulk being my least favorite but not as disappointing as Thor 1 & 2 is bc I simply think Thor had much more potential where Hulk was pretty barebones to start. I also still enjoy all 3 movies tbf, HUGE MCU fan. Have seen all the movies and all the shows that are "technically" apart of it
I think it is pretty universal that people think Hulk sucked.

For me I really like continuity, so the face that they didn't even keep the same actor just makes me dislike it more.

I think it's common as well that people weren't wowed by Thor 2. I liked it personally and still enjoy watching it. Then again I love Kat Dennings.

I also get hit right in the feels for Yondu in the Scavenger Funeral scene.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think it is pretty universal that people think Hulk sucked.

For me I really like continuity, so the face that they didn't even keep the same actor just makes me dislike it more.

I think it's common as well that people weren't wowed by Thor 2. I liked it personally and still enjoy watching it. Then again I love Kat Dennings.

I also get hit right in the feels for Yondu in the Scavenger Funeral scene.

I enjoy watching Hulk honestly, it's just a fun action flick but it's EASILY the worst for me. Also Thor 2 is great when they aren't on Earth but I hated the Earth scenes :lol I do like Kat Dennings in it though

And yeah Yondu kills me, "He may have been your father, boy, but he wasn't your daddy" :hogansun

Reactions: Dmac

Dmac

Never Gonna Stop
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Sports Team
psOTgB7
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I enjoy watching Hulk honestly, it's just a fun action flick but it's EASILY the worst for me. Also Thor 2 is great when they aren't on Earth but I hated the Earth scenes :lol I do like Kat Dennings in it though

And yeah Yondu kills me, "He may have been your father, boy, but he wasn't your daddy" :hogansun
It's a bit too comedy based in the scenes on Earth isn't it like when the assistant throws the van keys into the vortex.

I've started watching all of these in order again I watched Iron Man the other night so I will hit Thor and Thor 2 fairly soon.

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It's a bit too comedy based in the scenes on Earth isn't it like when the assistant throws the van keys into the vortex.

I've started watching all of these in order again I watched Iron Man the other night so I will hit Thor and Thor 2 fairly soon.

The scene on the Dark World with Loki's "death" is fucking amazing and easily the peak of the movie. I've always said I rate Thor 1 & 2 about the same, but Thor 1 was much more consistent where Thor 2 is a lot better at times but also worse at times :lol

Dmac

Never Gonna Stop
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Sports Team
psOTgB7
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
The scene on the Dark World with Loki's "death" is fucking amazing and easily the peak of the movie. I've always said I rate Thor 1 & 2 about the same, but Thor 1 was much more consistent where Thor 2 is a lot better at times but also worse at times :lol
Yeah I get that.

Neither of them are a patch on Ragnarok.

Reactions: Chris

Sass

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
jeffhardy
Favorite Wrestler
X2VL4FM
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk4
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
LXsX0NV
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Is it bad that I don't even count the Hulk movies? They were just horrible so I will not mention them here.

Favorite Solo: Doctor Strange - Always loved Dr Strange and I feel he gets no love.
Favorite Team-up: Endgame I don't really think you can top this. So much happened!
Most watched: Ragnarok - Just cause the opening scene with Thor in the cage cracks me up
Most disappointing: Thor 2 and Iron Man 3 - Just not a big fan of how they did everything and the piss poor Mandarian in IM3 was terrible.
Least favorite: Iron Man 2. Mickey Rourk just didn't do it for me and I didn't really like that they changed Whiplash's gender just to cast Rourk in the role. I would have preferred a female villian

Reactions: Steph

Dmac

Never Gonna Stop
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Sports Team
psOTgB7
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Is it bad that I don't even count the Hulk movies? They were just horrible so I will not mention them here.

Favorite Solo: Doctor Strange - Always loved Dr Strange and I feel he gets no love.
Favorite Team-up: Endgame I don't really think you can top this. So much happened!
Most watched: Ragnarok - Just cause the opening scene with Thor in the cage cracks me up
Most disappointing: Thor 2 and Iron Man 3 - Just not a big fan of how they did everything and the piss poor Mandarian in IM3 was terrible.
Least favorite: Iron Man 2. Mickey Rourk just didn't do it for me and I didn't really like that they changed Whiplash's gender just to cast Rourk in the role. I would have preferred a female villian
Not at all. There is only one Hulk Movie that you should really count for the MCU but I don't blame you for not blame you for not counting even that one.

Doctor Strange I think is great. The origin story is done really well and watching his whole demeanor change.

I watched Iron Man 2 last night haha. It's a pretty fun movie but there were improvement areas of course.

Iron Man 3 I like for a very stupid reason. The opening song :lol

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I have a lot of love for Iron Man 3 tbh. I acknowledge it has quite a few flaws in the overall plot progression but the standalone scenes are just so much fun lol RDJ was on fire man.

I read somewhere that the original plans was to have the botanist, Maya be the Mandarin with the actual guy as her lackey but Marvel Studios at the time (before Disney bought them and gave Kevin Feige more freedom) vetoed it which is a shame if true bc I really liked her character

Dmac

Never Gonna Stop
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Sports Team
psOTgB7
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I have a lot of love for Iron Man 3 tbh. I acknowledge it has quite a few flaws in the overall plot progression but the standalone scenes are just so much fun lol RDJ was on fire man.

I read somewhere that the original plans was to have the botanist, Maya be the Mandarin with the actual guy as her lackey but Marvel Studios at the time (before Disney bought them and gave Kevin Feige more freedom) vetoed it which is a shame if true bc I really liked her character
That would have been so much better!

Also if we just erased Trevor from the story completely. It was funny in parts but I don't think it needed comedy at all.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
No I fucking love Ben Kingsley as Trevor, literally A tier Marvel character for me :lol I wasn't as big into comics at the time so I'm sure the bastardizing of the Mandarin would have made me more upset at the time but I really didn't know who the character was and I really liked the "manufactured terrorism" aspect

Dmac

Never Gonna Stop
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Sports Team
psOTgB7
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
No I fucking love Ben Kingsley as Trevor, literally A tier Marvel character for me :lol I wasn't as big into comics at the time so I'm sure the bastardizing of the Mandarin would have made me more upset at the time but I really didn't know who the character was and I really liked the "manufactured terrorism" aspect
I just feel like even if it was manufactured that the Mandarin could have still been serious character and not a drugged up drunken idiot.

Each to their own I guess.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I just feel like even if it was manufactured that the Mandarin could have still been serious character and not a drugged up drunken idiot.

Each to their own I guess.

But he’s not the Mandarin he’s just Trevor the real Mandarin breaks him out of prison in one of the MCU shorts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
But he’s not the Mandarin he’s just Trevor the real Mandarin breaks him out of prison in one of the MCU shorts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is also true and I FUCKING LOVE that short but it's disappointing af they never actually shown the real one still