The 3rd Annual WrestlingSharts Awards - Nomination Phase

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
It's here! It's not very good! It's the only award show in the wrestling forum world that accentuates the negative!

It's the WrestlingSharts Awards: Shrek the Third Edition​

Yeah.

The Nomination Phase Format
Each voter will DM me with up to three ranked nominations.
You do not have to make three nominations in each category, but if you do, your first choice will be ranked higher.
I will assign points to the ranked nominations you make. If you made 3 nominations, they will receive 3, 2, and 1 points respectively. If you made only 1 nomination, it will receive 1 point. Think something similar the tournament nominations.
Afterwards, up to 5 nominations from each award, depending on what scored the most (or more if there is a tie for 5th), will enter the Final Voting Phase.​

But what will you be voting on, you ask?

The Award Categories
Most of these are the same, but here's a reminder.

Worst in the Ring: Male
Worst in the Ring: Female

From walking Botchamania compilations to boring channel-changers, there are many reasons you might not want to see someone in the ring, but they're all valid for this award. This category has two awards, for the worst male and worst female, as terrible wrestling knows no gender. So please send in both male and female nomination sets.

Worst on the Mic: Male
Worst on the Mic: Female

Captivating promo skills can save a wrestler from mediocrity, but lack of ability on the stick can doom even the best in-ring talent. Like Worst in the Ring, there is both a male and female award, so please send in both male and female nomination sets.

The Alliance as Bad as the WCW/ECW One Award
From tepid tag teams to shocking stables, to any other kind of underwhelming union, when two or more wrestlers get together, sometimes the result sucks.

The Randy Rosenbloom Award for Worst Commentator
What do you do when the voice calling the action is so unbearable that you can't enjoy the wrestling? Vote for them here, of course.

The Mike Shaw Memorial Award for Worst Gimmick
Dedicated to the man who brought legendary personas like Norman the Lunatic, Friar Ferguson, and Bastion Booger to life, this award is for a worker who's saddled with a cringeworthy character.

The Test/Wight Award for Worst Finisher
What wrestler had the most unbelievable finishing move this year? Could anything be worse than A Big Boot or A Punch? Probably not, but what comes close?

Most Overpushed
Sometimes the booker can see something in a worker that literally no one else does. Whose booking is far above their actual ability?

Worst Burial
On the other hand, sometimes bookers hold down talented workers for seemingly no reason. Who's gotten the shit end of the stick this year?

The "Minus Five Stars" Worst Match Award
A sad fact of life: for every Savage/Steamboat, there's a thousand Morasca/Sharmells. Which match in 2022 would you consign to the history books of horribleness?

Worst Non-Wrestling Segment of the Year
It's not just matches that can suck, and this award proves it! The shoddiest segment of the year goes here.

The Worst Feud Award, sponsored by Glenn Jacobs for Knox County Mayor
The storyline that made you wish every wrestling show was just random matches from now on, so nothing like this could happen again...

Worst TV Show of the Year
Sometimes, watching wrestling TV is great, and sometimes it makes you pine for the days of WCW Thunder. Which weekly failed to live up to your expectations this year?

Worst Major Show of the Year
Not every show can be a Wrestlemania X-Seven, but any show can be a December to Dismember. This is the award for a 2022 PPV/major show that you wouldn't watch again, even if you were paid for it.

The :cornette Award for Worst Company of the Year
The one company that has underperformed most across its entire product on this year. Finally, after 2 years of WWE winning with UNANIMOUS approval, there's actually a competition for this award!

Sickening Business/Marketing Tactic of the Year
Whether it's basing your main event feud around murder and necrophilia, exploiting the death of a legend to sell merch or get heel heat, or partnering with a theocratic regime responsible for funding global terrorism... whatever makes you say "Fuck this company, I hope it dies" goes here. 2022 had some WEIRD stuff happen, and a lot of skulduggery too. Pick your least favourite

Your Least Favourite "Work or Shoot?" Moment of the Year
This year's one-off award was going to be Stupidest WWE Name Change but then Vince retired. Instead, we're going to be looking at the situations where reality and kayfabe blends in uncomfortable ways. You know, when you say "is it a work? Is it a shoot? I hate this either way". 2022 had so many of these, it just made us want it to stop so we can actually watch some wrestling.

Get your nominations in, because they close at:
MIDNIGHT GMT, JANUARY 5th/6th 2023

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I’m waiting til after the last show of the year. So I’ll be cutting it really close. :lol I just want to make sure I don’t miss anything that I might other wise toss on there

B01

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
ZHIAHN6
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
I gotcha @Sky ...I'll get something in soon

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Ooooh.... I hvnt been on in a lil bit.... and hvnt seen enough WWE to know whose been good or bad

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler