The 10 "Things" I Like About RAW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Post 1000...Yay for me!

So...it seems like "everyone" likes to take a big, steaming shit on RAW nowadays...
and the WWE does make it easy for "everyone" to do so.

And let's be honest...its easier to pick negatives then to find positives...but...
I thought it was time that I'd throw on my leather gloves and sort through the
trash heap that is Monday Night RAW and find 10 positives about the show.

Now this may take a while...but I'm willing to try:

#1: Charlotte:
The Alpha female of the WWE...the blonde amazon queen is simply my everything.
Size, power, grace, charisma, legacy...the Queen has it all and she may eventually
retire as the greatest female wrestler in history.

HE0216_FECOV_17.jpg

#2: Sasha Banks:
And while I'm talking about Charlotte...the main reason she has looked so good
in the last 12 months has been Thanks in most part to Sasha Banks. Now I will
admit I wasn't her biggest fan...but as her feud went on with Charlotte I finally
understood why so many wrestling fans love the Boss. [HASHTAG]#sashadeservesbetter[/HASHTAG]

sasha.jpg

#3: Cesaro:
This guy may be the best overall "wrestler" I have ever seen. Technical skill, speed
and strength greater than his size lets on...I always enjoy watching Cesaro wrestle.
The Swiss Superman deserves so much more than the booking ever gives him.

Cesaro-6.jpg

#4: Corey Graves:
While Michael Cole annoys me and Byron Saxton is just...well...Byron Saxton...Corey
Graves really does make RAW somewhat watchable. The guy has style and class and it
comes through easily in his commentary. I'm also a big fan of his NXT work with Tom
Philips.

23m9nsjpg-d613f50a86fd8732.jpg

#5: Rusev & Lana:
Another fantastic wrestler who deserves more than his poor booking has given him...
the Bulgarian Brute seems to have the talent to make any angle he's given work and
his real life wife Lana always adds a touch of class and style when she's on screen.

1_1581.jpg

#6: Kevin Owens:
Now again his recent booking as Universal Champion has been downright terrible...
there is no denying that Owens could possibly be the best all-rounder on the WWE
roster today. Incredible in-ring skills combined with a wicked tongue and a talent
for promos...Owens is the future of the WWE. Snark Owens Snark!!!

kevin-owens.jpg

#7: The Booking of Braun Strowman:
Now I will admit I find Strowman a boring throwback to the WWE monsters of the past...
and his in-ring skills are far from the best...but...WWE have done excellent job with
booking Strowman as a credible and dangerous threat to anyone and everyone on the
entire roster.

Braun_Strowman_bio.png

#8: Sami Zayn:
There is so much to like about Sami Zayn. He's a skilled wrestler with a knack for
in-ring storytelling and unlike a lot of so-called "faces" he's actually really easy to
like. I personally hope a United States Title run is somewhere in his near future.

166_SD_04122016hm_1371-395109606f80281e67ef9b8a97a5dc8e.jpg

#9: Bayley:
Now I will admit I have soured on Bayley in recent times...but there is no denying
that she is likeable performer who always brightens up the screen when she's on it.
Her promo skills need to improve greatly...but...I'm trying to be positive here.

nxt-takeover2-bayley.jpg

#10: Finn Bálor:
Now I'm really reaching here...and I know he's injured at the time of me posting this...
but...Finn Bálor is an amazing performer and I hope "the Demon King" can reclaim the
Universal title sometime in 2017.

FinnBalor4.jpg

And that's it...see 10 Things I Like about RAW...I knew I could do it...even if I
did struggle towards the end there.

So...if you made it this far...the idea is for you to post the "things" you like
about RAW...because sometimes...its fun to find the Diamonds in the rough.

Thank you for reading...and I'll see you all around the traps.

Crithu

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I disagree with Sasha Banks and Bayley. I would not put them as positives right now. To me, the Sasha/ Charlotte feud drug on a little long. Sasha could definitely be a positive if she turned heel. Her Boss gimmick works better for a heel. Bayley has done a lot of nothing since coming to the main roster.

As for Strowman's booking....+1000. When I read that they were going to be pushing Strowman, I was less than enthused. But I am really impressed with the way he has been pushed, and I actually enjoy watching him on Raw (One of the main reasons that I have been watching lately).

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
To me, the Sasha/ Charlotte feud drug on a little long.
Of course it was...
Sasha could definitely be a positive if she turned heel. Her Boss gimmick works better for a heel.
100% Right...
Bayley has done a lot of nothing since coming to the main roster.
Yeah...I agree...
I disagree with Sasha Banks and Bayley. I would not put them as positives right now.
Well...you may have a point...but like I said...it was
tough for me to get to a full list of 10...keep that in mind.

Reactions: Crithu

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Booo! You've failed to mention the most important thing on the show - Roman Reigns. :reigns4:

In all seriousness... Cesaro, Zayn, Rollins, Strowman, Handsome Rusev and JeriKO are probably the brightest spots of RAW.

• Haha
Reactions: Grievous 3D

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Booo! You've failed to mention the most important thing on the show - Roman Reigns. :reigns4:

He does have the biggest pecs. ROMAN REIGNS!
[HASHTAG]#RusevDeservesBetterToo[/HASHTAG]
Rusev is one of the strange guys where I want to dislike him but he's too lovable at the same time. I don't see him as being much of a great worker or speaker but he's got that oddball charm which is oddly infectious.

As for Strowman's booking....+1000. When I read that they were going to be pushing Strowman, I was less than enthused. But I am really impressed with the way he has been pushed, and I actually enjoy watching him on Raw (One of the main reasons that I have been watching lately).

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this Braun looked like such a dud but there's something there. He's pretty limited IMO but they're doing a good job of papering over those cracks for a while now. When he was crushing jobbers he sounded awful in the odd moments they gave him a mic but he's definitely grown.

MGS32

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
10 things i like about Raw

Roman Reigns
Roman Reigns
Roman Reigns
Roman Reigns
Leakee
Roman Reigns
Sufferin Succotash
Roman Reigns
The Big Dog
Roman Reigns

• Haha

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Post 1000...Yay for me!

So...it seems like "everyone" likes to take a big, steaming shit on RAW nowadays...
and the WWE does make it easy for "everyone" to do so.

And let's be honest...its easier to pick negatives then to find positives...but...
I thought it was time that I'd throw on my leather gloves and sort through the
trash heap that is Monday Night RAW and find 10 positives about the show.

Now this may take a while...but I'm willing to try:

#1: Charlotte:
The Alpha female of the WWE...the blonde amazon queen is simply my everything.
Size, power, grace, charisma, legacy...the Queen has it all and she may eventually
retire as the greatest female wrestler in history.

HE0216_FECOV_17.jpg

#2: Sasha Banks:
And while I'm talking about Charlotte...the main reason she has looked so good
in the last 12 months has been Thanks in most part to Sasha Banks. Now I will
admit I wasn't her biggest fan...but as her feud went on with Charlotte I finally
understood why so many wrestling fans love the Boss. [HASHTAG]#sashadeservesbetter[/HASHTAG]

sasha.jpg

#3: Cesaro:
This guy may be the best overall "wrestler" I have ever seen. Technical skill, speed
and strength greater than his size lets on...I always enjoy watching Cesaro wrestle.
The Swiss Superman deserves so much more than the booking ever gives him.

Cesaro-6.jpg

#4: Corey Graves:
While Michael Cole annoys me and Byron Saxton is just...well...Byron Saxton...Corey
Graves really does make RAW somewhat watchable. The guy has style and class and it
comes through easily in his commentary. I'm also a big fan of his NXT work with Tom
Philips.

23m9nsjpg-d613f50a86fd8732.jpg

#5: Rusev & Lana:
Another fantastic wrestler who deserves more than his poor booking has given him...
the Bulgarian Brute seems to have the talent to make any angle he's given work and
his real life wife Lana always adds a touch of class and style when she's on screen.

1_1581.jpg

#6: Kevin Owens:
Now again his recent booking as Universal Champion has been downright terrible...
there is no denying that Owens could possibly be the best all-rounder on the WWE
roster today. Incredible in-ring skills combined with a wicked tongue and a talent
for promos...Owens is the future of the WWE. Snark Owens Snark!!!

kevin-owens.jpg

#7: The Booking of Braun Strowman:
Now I will admit I find Strowman a boring throwback to the WWE monsters of the past...
and his in-ring skills are far from the best...but...WWE have done excellent job with
booking Strowman as a credible and dangerous threat to anyone and everyone on the
entire roster.

Braun_Strowman_bio.png

#8: Sami Zayn:
There is so much to like about Sami Zayn. He's a skilled wrestler with a knack for
in-ring storytelling and unlike a lot of so-called "faces" he's actually really easy to
like. I personally hope a United States Title run is somewhere in his near future.

166_SD_04122016hm_1371-395109606f80281e67ef9b8a97a5dc8e.jpg

#9: Bayley:
Now I will admit I have soured on Bayley in recent times...but there is no denying
that she is likeable performer who always brightens up the screen when she's on it.
Her promo skills need to improve greatly...but...I'm trying to be positive here.

nxt-takeover2-bayley.jpg

#10: Finn Bálor:
Now I'm really reaching here...and I know he's injured at the time of me posting this...
but...Finn Bálor is an amazing performer and I hope "the Demon King" can reclaim the
Universal title sometime in 2017.

FinnBalor4.jpg

And that's it...see 10 Things I Like about RAW...I knew I could do it...even if I
did struggle towards the end there.

So...if you made it this far...the idea is for you to post the "things" you like
about RAW...because sometimes...its fun to find the Diamonds in the rough.

Thank you for reading...and I'll see you all around the traps.

#1: Kevin Owens

maxresdefault.jpg

KO's current booking as Universal Champion has been mediocre at best....but that is due to the writers not Kevin Owens himself. I chose him as #1 due to his pure talent and because I know what he is really capable of (Kill Steen Kill) So, I hope that one day his character will evolve into that guy that doesn't need outside interference to win a match because really and truly......He does not! (Still the Longest reigning Universal Champion in history btw)

#2: Charlotte Flair

tumblr_o54h9rGxWQ1ua178go5_r1_1280.0.0.png

1st off All hail Queen Charlotte!......As @Grievous said easily she can and my retire as the greatest female wrestler in WWE history. She's a former NXT women's champion....went on to become the final Diva's Champion and the inaugural WWE Women's Champion at WM 32 ....On top of that she is a 4-Time Raw Women's Champion She is [HASHTAG]#GeneticallySuperior[/HASHTAG] (That moonsault is a work of art)

#3: Seth Freakin Rollins
NOC14_Photo_284-3184021190.0.jpg

Arguably the best member of The Shield (My personal fav) Seth Rollins just knows what to do in the squared circle.....He is always entertaining in-ring and he wasn't the 1st pick in the draft for no reason. I don't know if I prefer him heel or face tho??........ (Damn I miss the stomp!)

#4: Chris Jericho

maxresdefault.jpg

Y2j has been on fire with promo's and putting the younger talent over at the same time......Perfect at reinventing his character......Undeniable talent from the newest entry on an entirely different list joining the likes of Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero and more now that he has captured The United States Championship! [HASHTAG]#Grandslamchampion[/HASHTAG]
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...X7aZyEjmiOsoiGPWST-RPQ&bvm=bv.145822982,d.amc

#5: "The Brian Kendrick"
screengrabber_27_986122--14b59cc44cfd9718d79826f1ceee7344.jpg

I have always been a been fan of "The Brian Kendrick "Great in-ring ability....Love the pirate theme and that f***ing jacket is awesome.......Very glad that he is back in the WWE where he belongs ........Where I feel he doesn't belong is in the CW Division.......Kendrick is a seasoned veteran who I feel honestly deserves a run with a WWE World Championship (I can really see it happening on SD Live somewhere down the line....he should just go AWOL on CWD and attack a current champion)

#6: Sami Zayn
backstage-heat-on-sami-zayn.jpg

The Ultimate Underdog is easily one of the best wrestlers in the entire WWE right now I agree with Grievous I see Gold down the line for Sami if he doesn't get killed by The monster among men Braun Strowman. ( Side thought: Sami Zayn and Rey Mysterio would make a good tag team)

#7: The BO$$ $a$ha Bank$
Sasha-Banks-2-700x394.jpg

Sasha is amazing and will go down as one of the greatest next to Charlotte.....I love her BO$$ gimmick even tho personally I feel like it would be perfect if she was to turn heel......We may get that soon I'm hearing rumors of The BO$$ possibly jumping to The Blue Brand.

#8: NO JOHN CENA!!!!!!!!!!

Cena_Sucks.jpg

I love that I can tune in on Monday nights and no longer have to hear this hustle, loyalty, respect, rise above and never give up bs that cena spits out his mouth when he decides to show up. It's bad enough that I have to endure the possibility of this guy headlining WM again! To all the C-Nation
38d34f23b134b6bbec8fa059c2b060f863c6629d474832ec4a1845ff4a0fb16a.jpg

#9: Neville
0414186001439560500_filepicker.jpg

The best thing to happen to the CWD since Brian Kendrick......After that well needed heel turn Neville has never looked better....I'm waiting for him to defeat Swann at the RR and hopefully take the CWD to another level! [HASHTAG]#Thekingofthecruiserweights[/HASHTAG]

#10: Rusev & Lana

li1aQHA.jpg

1st of all Lana is beautiful.....With that said Rusev deserves so much more...He is very talented in the ring and not that bad at all promo wise....I really enjoy Rusev on the mic the dude has no filter. Def deserves World Championship run in his career....I would love for Lana to start wrestling as well.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
6 of the same...Nice...

I have to admit...Rollins, Neville and THE Brian Kendricks are
all fantastic wrestlers...but...I feel once again the booking has
let them down somewhat.

I know Neville's heel turn was great...but...look...I'm just going
to say it...the idea of the "Cruiserweight division" just doesn't sit
right with me...especially since Finn Balor is the same size and
weight as most of these guys.

I say keep the Cruiserweight Title, cancel 205 Live and divide
the cruiserweights between RAW & SmackDown Live (60/40)
and let these guys wrestle whoever they want.

To help everyone have a chance at the CW title...let the current
title holder drift between both brands...and hell...let him show up
on NXT if it helps them out.

And as far as Rollins goes...he is awesome...but he's done nothing
for months since he's been waiting for the feud with Triple H to start.

Again...just my opinions at this current time...

1st off All hail Queen Charlotte!......As @Grievous said. She can and may retire as the greatest female wrestler in WWE history. She's a former NXT women's champion....went on to become the final Diva's Champion and the inaugural WWE Women's Champion at WM 32 ....On top of that she is a 4-Time Raw Women's Champion She is [HASHTAG]#GeneticallySuperior[/HASHTAG] (That moonsault is a work of art)
All Hail Queen Charlotte!1!

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Sasha is amazing and will go down as one of the greatest next to Charlotte.....I love her BO$$ gimmick even tho personally I feel like it would be perfect if she was to turn heel......We may get that soon I'm hearing rumors of The BO$$ possibly jumping to The Blue Brand.
To quote a great wrestler...YES! YES! YES!

A trade of Sasha for Becky would be a great change up for both brands...but as far as her turning heel...
Well...they need to maintain balance...and at the moment...everything is fairly even.

Hopefully in the future when Asuka is brought up to the main roster...it will allow The Bo$$ to turn and
actually start acting like a Legit Bo$$.

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
6 of the same...Nice...

I have to admit...Rollins, Neville and THE Brian Kendricks are
all fantastic wrestlers...but...I feel once again the booking has
let them down somewhat.

I know Neville's heel turn was great...but...look...I'm just going
to say it...the idea of the "Cruiserweight division" just doesn't sit
right with me...especially since Finn Balor is the same size and
weight as most of these guys.

I say keep the Cruiserweight Title, cancel 205 Live and divide
the cruiserweights between RAW & SmackDown Live (60/40)
and let these guys wrestle whoever they want.

To help everyone have a chance at the CW title...let the current
title holder drift between both brands...and hell...let him show up
on NXT if it helps them out.

You bring up very valid points @Grievous I would love to see that tho.

Last edited: