• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TEW/EWR Discussion Thread

The EC

Aug 3, 2011
Texas
August's Uprising is now in the books. It went better than my last PPV but I still have a couple of complaints.

First off - I kinda got boned on the main event. It was set to be for the World Heavyweight Championship but because of a weight restriction on the title that I didn't know was implemented, it went down as just a singles match. I guess it's still a big match, just because it's the World Champion against the Cruiserweight Champion but I built up to it as Kidman aspiring to break through the glass ceiling and win the World Championship. Technically, he didn't even challenge for it.

But that's my biggest complaint. The rest of the show pretty much went down how I hoped it would.

Sabu debuted as a last second fill in to team with RVD against Shane Douglas and his goons Johnny Stamboli and Vito LoGrasso. This plays pretty well, because the basis of Douglas and RVD's feud was that Douglas didn't want RVD and other ECW alums coming over to WCW, because he feels like th generation of ECW guys that came after him ran that company into the ground and they'll do the same to WCW. Of course that's vanity on Franchise's part and he's looking like a bit of a chickenshit using The FBI to do his dirty work. I was considering doing a War Games match that would be RVD, Sabu, Tajiri and another ECW alum against Douglas, The FBI and another top heel, but since The FBI just aren't very good, I feel like I wouldn't want them involved because they would drag it down.

DDP beat Kanyon to cap off their years long feud in an unsanctioned I Quit match. DDP was going in with a neck injury that Kanyon caused by piledriving him on the steps, so it had to be unsanctioned from a storyline perspective. DDP beat Kanyon here, and he's going to stay off TV for a bit and come back to start a feud with Dusty who he feels put him in a dangerous situation and also robbed him of a shot at the World Championship that he believed he was owed before this match was booked. This will be the start of a new Kanyon who is still unstable, but now more a scheming disgruntled employee. I'm going to slap him with a body guard, too. Preferably someone young who hasn't been in WCW or WWE yet. I'm thinking maybe Mike Knox since I have him in development already.

Helms beat Karagias who he's been feuding with since the beginning of the game. Now Karagias is gonna head down to development while I think of what to do with him. Helms will begin feuding with Moore who was reluctantly aligned with Karagias. Helms wants to fix their relationship but Moore is tired of being second fiddle to Helms and is hellbound on getting a win over him before they can go back to being friends.

The feuds between Morrus/Jindrak and Stasiak/D'Lo are also done now. I think I'm going to repackage Morrus as DeMott and have him look to shed his comedic role and take his career more serious. Stasiak and Jindrak will continue moving up the card. D'Lo is probably just going to be settled into a midcard role going forward.

Marc Mero was brought in on a pretty short contract. Just wanted to see what he could offer. I placed him a feud with Ernest Miller and Disco Inferno that revolved around the managerial services of Midajah and the US Championship, since those characters just seemed to make sense together. Mero has an upper midcard push but he really isn't bringing much to the table. It's unlikely that I'll extend his contract once he's done and he'll probably transition into a tag team guy for the rest of his run, if I find someone I feel like pairing him with. Maybe even Disco.

I split up the Jung Dragons because I just never liked the group and I think Kaz Hayashi has a bright future as a singles guy in the cruiserweight division. Yun Yang might be headed to development for a little while. To improve himself, as well as to bolster my roster down there and hopefully draw some good grades. I think Kaz will be the next guy to take on Kidman for the CW title.

I have to make a decision, because looking down the line I want to get Rey Mysterio back in the fold once his AOL contract ends, which is in just a couple of months. I want Mysterio to face the CW Champion at Starrcade. Obviously, that's a pretty big match when it happens so I gotta go ahead and build up whoever I want him to face. Kidman is already the biggest deal in the division but him vs. Mysterio doesn't feel all that original. But it is a safe bet.

I've decided to let Chris Harris' contract expire and start pushing James Storm as a solo act. I've barely used AMW at all so far, only as a jobber team every few weeks. Storm has a lot of potential and I've always been a fan so I think he'll be easy to work up the card. AJ Styles is already making huge progress. He puts in some of the best performances of anyone on my roster who aren't main eventers. He's been piling up wins in dark matches for the past couple of months so he's ready to go solo whenever I decide to pull the trigger on that.

The only thing is with Jung Dragons breaking up, Harris soon to be gone and Air Paris probably getting his walking papers sooner than later, I really need to replenish my tag division. Luckily, I just paired up Chavo and Konnan who have excellent chemistry and since I've brought in Sabu, he and RVD can team up whenever I need them to.

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Super Moderator
Dec 23, 2011
Just West of Parts Unkown
Should have changed that main event to have Kidman win since it was non-title and then take off the weight restriction for a rematch at the next PPV and either have him win or Booker retain at that point. IDK I've been fucked up by weight restrictions before too and it's always a bitch bc you can't change it once you get night of the show.

The EC

Aug 3, 2011
Texas
Should have changed that main event to have Kidman win since it was non-title and then take off the weight restriction for a rematch at the next PPV and either have him win or Booker retain at that point. IDK I've been fucked up by weight restrictions before too and it's always a bitch bc you can't change it once you get night of the show.
That's a good point. I gotta change that immediately.

The EC

Aug 3, 2011
Texas
I decided to be kind of aggressive with my expansion in Canada. So, I ran a special from Canada. I didn't want it to be an actual PPV because of the concern over the attendance and the fact it might not score that well. I figured for a one night event that wouldn't depend too heavily on storylines, this would be a good chance to run the Lethal Lottery/BattleBowl gimmick, which would also help me set up a contender for Booker's title since I hadn't positioned anyone to really be the next contender yet. Despite the obstacles of having random people teaming together and the fact I was in a place where my promotion isn't too popular, I pulled a pretty good grade. On par with my other PPVs. Here's the results (and the logo I made for the event because I thought it looked dope).

WCW Lethal Lottery: Canada

Yep, Mike Awesome is next in line for a shot at Booker. This is mostly going to be a way to split up Storm and Awesome who I see as main event caliber singles guys. But on top of that, Mike Awesome has consistently been on of my top performers in the ring. Him and Booker going at it in the main event of a PPV could very well be my highest scoring match yet.

On the down side of things, Fall Brawl is two weeks away and I'm still not sold on who I'm going to involve in War Games. Jesse James (Road Dogg) will be debuting on the next Nitro and revealing himself as the man who ordered the hit on Dustin Rhodes. So I already have a feud that is James and KnoniK against Rhodes and Tommy Dreamer. I also have a feud going that is Shane Douglas against RVD and Sabu. The storyline between Rhodes and Dreamer began with Rhodes feeling like the ECW alums were going to tarnish the legacy of WCW, but Dreamer has earned his respect now by backing him up against KroniK. So adding Sabu and RVD to the team of Rhodes and Dreamer makes a lot of sense, showing how Rhodes has come to realize that the ECW guys aren't his enemies. So that would mean War Game would be Jesse James, Shane Douglas and KroniK against Dustin Rhodes, Tommy Dreamer, RVD and Sabu. Looks a little weird on paper but it makes the most sense.

The EC

Aug 3, 2011
Texas
I had a day off and decided to just have a little fun with a game of TEW. I used the WCW Lives mod but stayed unemployed for several years, until mid-2005 before jumping in on the action. I became the booker of Absolute Intense Wrestling when it opened, using Steve Corino. The company starts out local, pretty much the bottom promotion in the entire world. I booked a year worth of shows over the span of 3 day. Storylines aren't needed due to our product so that saved me a ton of time. I pretty much just kept one or two stories going at a time, and mostly ran it as a competitive style promotion with mostly random matches outside of the few stories I would run here and there. So, after passing one year, rising to small size and all that jazz, I decided to hold my first special event. I brought in some big names and wrestlers from partner promotions for the show, with some mixed results.

AIW Absolution 2006

The special guest I mentioned bringing in were Jeff Hardy, Jushin Liger, Super Crazy, Larry Sweeney and Ultramantis Black.

I paired Sweeney and Black up with Quack (who is a full time member of my roster) for a trios match with three guys who have been with AIW since the start, Jimmy Rave, Jimmy Jacobs and Arik Cannon (aka The Crossbones).

I matched Super Crazy up with Steve Corino, mostly just basing it off their status as ECW alumni, but I also felt like he was the most sensible opponent I could nab that would produce a good, relatively high profile match with Corino.

Hardy just left WWE, so when I saw he was hitting the market I went ahead and scooped him up to use him for this specific event. I put him against Gargano in a ladder match, which as you can see, produced a great outcome for me. I might bring him back, but he still seems like a liability with his drug use, so I'm going to have to ponder it. I did use the meddling option to form a strong friendship between him and Punk, and Punk is loyal to me, so I believe if I bring Jeff back, I'll make those two feud and see if Hardy can stay clean.

Liger turned out to be mistake. He put in a worse performance than Black who is a rookie here. I'm going to go ahead and have him drop the Junior Heavyweight title back to Black at our next weekly show and go ahead and send him on his way, since I only signed him for three appearances.

My main event was in jeopardy because Kevin Steen had been my World Champion for months. He ended up signing an exclusive contract with DDT so he left the company days before this event. Fortunately, Punk returned from an MMA fight the very next day so I was able to sub him in and he won the main event to become a two time AIW World Champion. Punk is pretty much destined to become the figurehead for this company. He has basically all the elements needed, other than the fact he isn't immensely popular yet. But he's my top face, he's loyal to me, and he's in his second reign with the belt which I intend to make a long one.

Another note: The All Star Team is Antonio Banks and Tyrone Evans (MVP and Michael Tarver).