• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TEW/EWR Discussion Thread

Roadster

Sep 19, 2014
I guess i'll give some details on my TNA run.

I'm playing as Corgan. I have the TNA World, TNA KOTM, TNA X-Division, TNA Tag Team and a yearly TNA Cup tournament. I run a PPV every month.

Since I took over, I've secured a prime time TV deal in Mexico and Japan. And a PPV deal in Canada and Japan.

Since becoming booker, I've hired Kazuchika Okada, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Tetsuya Naito, Ricochet, BxB Hulk and Akira Tozawa. Mostly for my X-Division which brings in the best matches, and I hope for it to become a top title.

Otherwise, I made $1,161,148 dollars in July. But I have a "Very Low" approval rating, my TV ratings are sinking, losing popularity in droves and getting warnings from my TV providers in Germany and Japan that my show will be canceled unless I improve my ratings. Meanwhile all my feuds have a D rating, and my world title has fallen in prestige from B to B-.

rip

Reactions: KeepItFresh

Roadster

Sep 19, 2014
I'm going back to TEW 2013. If I remember correctly, I was running Dragon Gate or NOAH.

The EC

Aug 3, 2011
Texas
I've been putting in a lot of time on TEW 2016 since coming back to it last year. Currently entrenched in a modified WCW Lives mod set in 2001. It's a ton of fun, really, trying to make due with the guys that lead the Invasion in WWF, since guys like Steiner, nWo, Goldberg, etc. are sitting out their contracts like they did in real life. Just trying to do my best to elevate enough guys to fill that void a little.

My biggest draws are Booker T, DDP, Kanyon, Dustin Rhodes and Sean O'Haire, but I also have the likes of Lance Storm, Mike Awesome, Billy Kidman Shane Douglas, Chuck Palumbo, RVD and KroniK as main event caliber guys.

My next big things according to the creative meeting section are Air Styles, James Storm, Kaz Hayashi, Jamie Knoble and Christian York, all of whom I intend I push pretty heavily, other than York tbh. I've also pegged Mark Jindrak and Shawn Stasiak as potential main eventers down the line.

Reactions: Dark Phoeni⦻

Dark Phoeni⦻

Evil Owner
Administrator
Jun 28, 2010
Bo$$town
I've been putting in a lot of time on TEW 2016 since coming back to it last year. Currently entrenched in a modified WCW Lives mod set in 2001. It's a ton of fun, really, trying to make due with the guys that lead the Invasion in WWF, since guys like Steiner, nWo, Goldberg, etc. are sitting out their contracts like they did in real life. Just trying to do my best to elevate enough guys to fill that void a little.

My biggest draws are Booker T, DDP, Kanyon, Dustin Rhodes and Sean O'Haire, but I also have the likes of Lance Storm, Mike Awesome, Billy Kidman Shane Douglas, Chuck Palumbo, RVD and KroniK as main event caliber guys.

My next big things according to the creative meeting section are Air Styles, James Storm, Kaz Hayashi, Jamie Knoble and Christian York, all of whom I intend I push pretty heavily, other than York tbh. I've also pegged Mark Jindrak and Shawn Stasiak as potential main eventers down the line.
What's the story behind WCW Lives? If the real life deal had concluded with Fusient Media, AOL retained minority ownership and I believe they would have still been allowed to use the aforementioned contracted guys. I can fuck with Booker T, DDP, Kanyon, Dustin and O'Haire though. :WOW

You should post updates on your shows in here. I'd love to follow along to it.

Chris

Super Moderator
Dec 23, 2011
Just West of Parts Unkown
I haven't played in awhile and never felt like downloading mods so I'd always just use the regular cornell-verse guys. Always had the most fun with the smaller promotions bc booking big ones was overwhelming af, but I usually always stopped like two years in when all the good indy talent would get poached by the big ones under contract and the younger guys weren't ready yet so I was stuck with old guys main eventing trying to build up these green fucks into mid-carders when all my main eventers left :(

Grim

A Very Barry Mod
Mar 7, 2019
Sleepy Eye
facebook.com
Finally, a thread for TEW!

I was thinking of making one just the other day, I'm glad EC brought up this one.

Currently doing the actual run of my 1991 AWA Lives mod, which I plan on running the entirety of 1991 before actually putting it down in writing for a fantasy booker.

• Love

The EC

Aug 3, 2011
Texas
What's the story behind WCW Lives? If the real life deal had concluded with Fusient Media, AOL retained minority ownership and I believe they would have still been allowed to use the aforementioned contracted guys. I can fuck with Booker T, DDP, Kanyon, Dustin and O'Haire though. :WOW

You should post updates on your shows in here. I'd love to follow along to it.
Yeah, I'll post the PPV results and such as they happen. I'm about to book Uprising right now, which is just my renaming of New Blood Rising since that PPV name seemed pretty specific to a storyline that is no longer playing out. Anyways, it's a mod by Genadi which Big Papa tweaked, so I'm not sure who had the most to do with the backstory, but it's basically just that Mark Cuban came in last second to purchase WCW with the intent to broadcast their programming on HDNet which he would launch in late 2001. For now, we're on Fox Sports 1 which is a pretty small scale broadcaster while waiting for HDNet to start up. The idea is that Cuban wanted to make WCW have more of a real sport feel, too, so the product is changed a bit to favor match quality and realism more than WCW actually did.

Speaking of Uprising though, I did revise the PPV schedule and rename some events. I figured I'd lean into the short names that WCW introduced in its final year and try to make the names a little more modern, as well. I created, edited and stole a new batch of logos to make sure things were uniform as well, which is something that I have to have when I do these kinds of things. The new PPV schedule is as follows -

January: Sin

February: Revenge

March: Greed

April: Discord

May: High Stakes

June: Adrenaline

July: Bash at the Beach

August: Uprising

September: Fall Brawl

October: Halloween Havoc

November: Mayhem

December: Starrcade

I wanted to keep The Great American Bash but I felt like having two PPVs with the word "Bash" in them right after each other no less was kind of whack. I was going to keep SuperBrawl too. Then I remembered how the 2001 version was called SuperBrawl: Revenge and thought that pivoting to just Revenge was a sensible move. Uprising is just a reworking of New Blood Rising since that name seemed pretty specific to a storyline. High Stakes, Adrenaline and Discord were all just kind of thought up on the spot. As far as theme goes, of course BATB, Fall Brawl, Halloween Havoc and Starrcade will keep their concepts. I think I'll try to come up with some kind of theme or specialty match for High Stakes (maybe a MITB or Feast or Fired type deal?) and I may make Discord the hardcore show. Of the logos I made from scratch, I think the Discord one turned out really dope

And my new Nitro logo..

• Love

Dark Phoeni⦻

Evil Owner
Administrator
Jun 28, 2010
Bo$$town
That new Nitro logo is sexy! I'm loving some of these new PPV names.

I do have to take you to task for removing the Great American Bash. Fetch a switch, son.

Dark Phoeni⦻

Evil Owner
Administrator
Jun 28, 2010
Bo$$town
Finally, a thread for TEW!

I was thinking of making one just the other day, I'm glad EC brought up this one.

Currently doing the actual run of my 1991 AWA Lives mod, which I plan on running the entirety of 1991 before actually putting it down in writing for a fantasy booker.
AWA Lives and WCW Lives. Glorious day! I can't wait!

The EC

Aug 3, 2011
Texas
Can't be any worse than my backstory of Jesse Ventura, Jim Barnett, and Greg Gagne purchasing AWA with the backing of 3M. :heston
Was there a reason you chose 3M or did you just want to have billions at your disposal?

Grim

A Very Barry Mod
Mar 7, 2019
Sleepy Eye
facebook.com
Was there a reason you chose 3M or did you just want to have billions at your disposal?
3M is a Minnesotan Conglomerate for one, and there's also the fact a lot of products they produce are used by wrestling on the regular, such as tape for the ropes and whatnot. The backstory is more 3M looking to get into the media business now to become 4M (Minnesota Mining, Manufacturing, and Media), and AWA is a good first step to get their door into broadcasting.

The EC

Aug 3, 2011
Texas
3M is a Minnesotan Conglomerate for one, and there's also the fact a lot of products they produce are used by wrestling on the regular, such as tape for the ropes and whatnot. The backstory is more 3M looking to get into the media business now to become 4M (Minnesota Mining, Manufacturing, and Media), and AWA is a good first step to get their door into broadcasting.
I mean, that's a pretty solid backstory imo.