Tensai now Jason Albert

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ovaldinho

Reaction score
Well.... another successful gimmick ladies and gents!

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Um, Jason Albert? If we're gonna ditch the gimmick names and start using ordinary sounding ones, just call him by his real one, Matt Bloom. But I guess they wanted to reference his past name being 'Albert" since the majority of the fan base knows him by that name and has chanted it at him quite often since he returned as Tensai. Guess there's also always that chance that he could eventually return to the ring (or even do a one-off feud on NXT or something), in which case it'd be easier to just refer to him as 'Albert' again.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I like it. Not a bad name and you may as well stop hiding the Albert thing. Fits well in the current "our wrestlers have normal names because they're normal people with extraordinary athletic ability" era.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I like it. Not a bad name and you may as well stop hiding the Albert thing. Fits well in the current "our wrestlers have normal names because they're normal people with extraordinary athletic ability" era.

Hmmm...

So we had the "Attitude Era", the "Ruthless Aggression Era", the "PG Era",

and now we have the "Our Wrestlers Have Normal Names Because They're Normal People with Extraordinary Athletic Ability Era"?

Damn, that's a mouthful.

wk

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Hmmm...

So we had the "Attitude Era", the "Ruthless Aggression Era", the "PG Era",

and now we have the "Our Wrestlers Have Normal Names Because They're Normal People with Extraordinary Athletic Ability Era"?

Damn, that's a mouthful.

wk

:lol1:

You can come up with a catchy lil' two-word phrase thingamajig for it, I'm too bogged down by my forum gimmick of being an overly verbose Emma fanboy.

You can use your gimmick of only using 2 little letters when you have to to adequately name this era of athelticism and shit. We're all waiting on you.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
:lol1:

You can come up with a catchy lil' two-word phrase thingamajig for it, I'm too bogged down by my forum gimmick of being an overly verbose Emma fanboy.

You can use your gimmick of only using 2 little letters when you have to to adequately name this era of athelticism and shit. We're all waiting on you.

I laughed.

But, seriously, I've heard this current era called the "Reality Era" in a few places. That would also fit the whole normal names for guys things.

Although, in answer to your request, let's call it the "Awesome Normals Era".

wk

Nice Person

The Artiste
Reaction score
On this weeks NXT, Commentary mentioned Tensai was now Jason Albert. That must mean his In-Ring Career is over I guess
Imagine what all those wrestlers with all those tatoos are gonna look like when they're in their 70's and 80's?

TNA Sucks

Jobber
Reaction score
Jason Albert is doing very well on the Network pre-shows. His commentary after the brutal beating on Bryan was impressive, & it made my butthole tingle.