Ted DiBiase Jr.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MizMasta3000

Ok so the past few months or so I have been picturing Ted as a future awesome face. However, last night, a light bulb turned on for me saying. Why not have Ted bring the Million Dollar Championship back and become the ultimate heel. Money savoring just like his old man. This would totally put him out of generic/Orton lacky. He can feud with a face Orton and get an amazing rub. Thought?

maty619

Reaction score
That would be quite cool, maybe after or during the hall of fame induction ceremony Ted Sr. could give it to Ted Jr. and then Ted Sr. could manage him and make him get really cocky and feud with Cody. Then after that and some good build up he could revisit the Legacy angle and he could feud with Orton, because he isnt good enough to have a credible feud with Orton yet.

MizMasta3000

He can have a credible feud with Orton. Sure he can. If DiBiase beats the crap out of him after a match and stuffs a 100 dollar bill iin his mouth. Do you know the heat he would get? I always say this, If Ted had Cody's mic work, he would be a force to be reckoned with

maty619

Reaction score
I couldnt picture it unless they go with the same angle they did with Batista. Maybe Orton could make a face turn and Ted could feel betrayed. Id rather him get built up for a while as a singles competitor first though but thats just my opinion.

MizMasta3000

Granted, ths whole thing can start after EC when there is more tension

noumenon

So basically let's have him copy is father's gimmick to the T instead of coming up with a fresh unique personality for him?
Let's go ahead and have Cody gain 200lbs and give Orton a cowboy hat while we're at it.

maty619

Reaction score
I know where youre coming from Noumenon but imo this gimmick could be worked well maybe Ted Sr. could just lead him all the way and they could always give the impression that Ted is just obeying his father and is not really such a dick head.

MizMasta3000

So basically let's have him copy is father's gimmick to the T instead of coming up with a fresh unique personality for him?
Let's go ahead and have Cody gain 200lbs and give Orton a cowboy hat while we're at it.

No, I was getting at him just obtaining the Million dollar belt and doing something fresh with it and gaining a bunch of heat to Orton's face reactions. Can you think of anything better than him being a generic personality?

noumenon

I'm just fuckin with you...kind of. It's a good idea to a certain point.
I suppose if he brings out the belt, starts telling Orton he doesn't need him because he can buy his way to the top, stuff like that. Have kind of a new money gimmick going with him. Nice suits, girls, limos...ect. Not in a Ric Flair kind of way though because I wouldn't want it to come off like that either.

Great One

He can have a credible feud with Orton. Sure he can. If DiBiase beats the crap out of him after a match and stuffs a 100 dollar bill iin his mouth. Do you know the heat he would get? I always say this, If Ted had Cody's mic work, he would be a force to be reckoned with

I couldnt picture it unless they go with the same angle they did with Batista. Maybe Orton could make a face turn and Ted could feel betrayed. Id rather him get built up for a while as a singles competitor first though but thats just my opinion.
Yeah, no way could Ted be legitimately believed to be able to "beat the crap" out of Orton. He's been booked way too weak to even come close to implying him to be able to do that. Batista was actually booked like an unstoppable monster, so it made sense when he raped Triple H. Like maty said, Ted would have to be built up hugely or undergo some sort of transformation to his character probably from his father, in which, yes he could bring back the Million Dollar belt that'd be pretty cool (maybe at the HoF). But stuffing the bills in their mouth is going too far with imitation.

straight_edge76

I just want to hear The Million Dollar Man's laugh again lol. Plus getting the belt back on TV would be kind of cool. Anyway to really give Ted or Cody for that matter some sort of character would be pretty awesome imo.

kimball99

Reaction score
I can see Dibiase being a futre main eventer, especially since it seems like he's getting more of a push then Rhodes. I don't really see a bad quality in this guy, but I think it'd be best if they didnt give him the million dollar man gimmick. I mean, can you imagine if Randy was "cowboy" Randy Orton lol. It'd be stupid, and so would him being like his dad. Ted is one of the future guys of the company, just hopefully they stay clear of the said gimmick.

Axis

This. I'd rather DiBiase have a completely fresh character, and be slowly built up as his own person.

Jaybsty

Reaction score
This. I'd rather DiBiase have a completely fresh character, and be slowly built up as his own person.

And unless they ever come up with that fresh character DiBiase will be nothing but another MVP, Swagger or Benjamin. The guy that could've been much more with his 'own' personality and a little bit of consistent direction in the wrestling business.

seX-Power

Why push DiBiase when you can push the obviously superior Cody Rhodes?