Taz and Hook talk to the New York Post ahead of AEW Grand Slam

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
28c1fbc9-b761-4749-b3b3-9fcc6634e0f2.jpg

When Hook was younger, Taz wanted him to be "anything but a pro wrestler."

Hook and his father both spoke to the NY Post recently and discussed Taz's hesitation to encourage his son to go into the same industry he did.

“When I was younger, my dad told me to be anything but a pro wrestler,” Hook said. “As I got older, things changed, and the business today is not the same business that he broke into.”

Taz began training his son in early 2020 along with Pat Buck and Curt Hawkins at the Create a Pro wrestling school in Hicksville, NY. It didn't take long for Hook to convince his father that he could be successful in the business.

“I realized [our] third session, he’s something pretty unique here,” Taz said. “And that was it.”

“He’s gonna be handled different,” Taz continued. “He’s unique. I can’t tell you what it is about him that’s unique, but I could tell you keeping him special means you’re not gonna see him every single week on TV. You’re not gonna see him where he’s constantly on social media or doing stuff like that. Good luck. I can’t even get the guy to return a text message.”

“We might not see Hook for a little bit, but when he’s there, it’s something like, ‘Boom!,’ impactful, like what the hell just happened,” Taz said. “That’s Hook. That’s kind of what he is. A lot of people want more. You know what, last I checked, that’s a good thing.”

Hook will team with Action Bronson on Wednesday at AEW Grand Slam. They will take on The Jericho Appreciation Society's Angelo Parker & Matt Mendard in tag team action. Taz says Hook and Bronson are similar to the team of Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart, describing them as "the Porsche and the tank."

“That’s always stuck in my head,” Taz said of the team. “Imagine getting two guys that have that kind of vibe, and that’s what I think when you see Hook and Action Bronson compete. You’re gonna see the Porsche and the tank. I promise you.”

Reactions: Marty McFourth