Tattoo idea

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
Well, I dug this up a while back and it's a design I thought of after I got my first one. If anybody here has gotten tattoos, you'd know after your first one you wanna continuously get more.. so here's what I came up with.

322008_1990583263455_1729086732_o_zps40f2a6c3.jpg

I know it's pencil drawn, but there is meant to be colour, so let me explain it. The background on the shield is supposed to be a Scottish flag paying homage to my Scottish heritage. The top is a Scottish crown I found that represents my love for the finer things in life while also once again paying homage to my Scottish heritage. The middle is a spartan's helment (Alexander is greek for "Defending man") while the card hand consists of four aces, two 9s and a 5 for my birthdate (5.11.1991 = May 11th 1991). The background has .44 magnums because they're my favorite guns where as the bottom are dories which medium ranged weapons the spartans used back in the day.

Despite the drawing being asymmetrical, what do you guys think?

Btw it'd be going on my right bicep.

Last edited by a moderator:

Postman Dave

Reaction score
good design, an awesome that you designed it yourself. I always prefer tattoos that people can explain the story behind, makes them far more personal and not just an act of rebellion. Don't worry about it being asymmetrical, the artist can fix that themselves.

I've only got one for now (a capricorn symbol on my right shoulder, my star sign plus I got it on my 23rd Birthday) and know the desire to get more. I'm planning on adding to it in September if all goes to plan.

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
There's quite a bit that I have the aspirations to get myself; A sleeve on my left arm which is a tribute to royalty and kings, an evil angel design with .44 magnums on the inside of my right forearm, "Fortune favors the brave" with some sick shading in the back on the other side of my forearm, ^this one, a filler on the other side of bicep, and possiply a neck piece to add to the top of my back.

Altogether, when it comes to tattoos I got one motto: big or go home. They're there for life so make 'em count.

Joey

Reaction score
I actually think this is a solid idea. I love the fact that its paying homage to the Scottish Heritage, I love that everything means something to you. The only thing that I think might clash with the theme, and design, is the magnums. I mean, magnums are cool, but I think it sort of clashes with the whole Scottish/Old Style/Warrior Theme.

I mean, do what you'd like. I think this is a solid Idea.

I say go for it mate.

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
The only thing that I think might clash with the theme, and design, is the magnums. I mean, magnums are cool, but I think it sort of clashes with the whole Scottish/Old Style/Warrior Theme.

I see where you're coming from.

But as an artist you probably know that modern warriors are still warriors, regardless of their age their training methods have been carried on from ancient societies that many have forgotten. A lot of people seem to forget that Canada has one of the best trained armies in the world even if people don't think it exists. And our training methods come from a series of different cultures.

War/battle is an art form too.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3