Swerve Strickland talks Bray Wyatt's legacy and influence after Full Gear tribute attire

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
08-adam-page-vs-swerve-strickland-11-18-2023-067.webp

Swerve Strickland spoke about his tribute to Bray Wyatt at AEW Full Gear during a recent interview.

Strickland wore red and black striped tights reminiscent of The Fiend for his match against Hangman Page on the show. He would later reveal on Instagram that the gear was a tribute to Wyatt.

During a recent discussion with Sam Roberts, Strickland spoke about being influenced by Wyatt and his decision to pay tribute to him at AEW Full Gear.

"I remember when the Fiend was really going, there was a lot of chatter of if this was for them as a fan and stuff like that. And I was like, 'No, this is brilliant work.' I don't think people really appreciated the brilliance that he was bringing to the screen and a lot of risk that he was taking too," Strickland said of Wyatt.

"I think he was ahead of his time and stuff and I just wanted to show appreciation that the love and influence wasn't lost."

"I was in locker rooms with him during my time doing 205. He always gave me hugs, he was awesome. At one point I had to help him with the Fiend mask (laughs)."

"He was always a good brother in the locker room. He was fun, he was really cool," Strickland continued.

"I'm a horror person and I was just really happy to see a new age of horror brought to the screen in an industry that I love. I was like, that was revolutionary and I wanted to take a little piece of that into what I was doing that night. If anything I feel like his spirit powered that match."

Following his win over Page at Full Gear, Strickland entered the Continental Classic. He's currently 2-0 in the tournament with wins over Jay Lethal and Jay White. He'll wrestle Mark Briscoe (0-2) on tonight's show from Montreal.